SR performance clutch adujster kit - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-28-2013, 01:39 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
SR performance clutch adujster kit

Has anyone tried the SR performance clutch adjuster kit from AM? What are your thoughts on it?
02StangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 01:49 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
I've got the adjuster, cable, quadrant, and pedal stop from sr and while I haven't installed it yet I can tell you it's all of really sturdy build quality. The cable itself is beefier. The quadrant is really thick and is milled out of a single chunk of aluminum. And the adjuster looks like it's really strong too. It should all be going in next week. I'll post back when it's installed.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:01 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
I ordered the whole kit from AM for $100 but I'm going to put mine in right away to
02StangGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
This product has alot of bad reviews. As the quadrant, and adjustable firewall plug goes. Those two products are great and work flawlessly. Now the main issue is the cable, I've read alot of reviews saying the clutch cable breaks very easily and quickly.
I say give it a try and see if they fixed the flaw in the cable, but if i was you i would have a spare cable in your car with all the tools you would need to change the cable out if it snaps. Just in case you don't get stranded somewhere with a broken clutch cable!
GDogg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by GDogg08
This product has alot of bad reviews. As the quadrant, and adjustable firewall plug goes. Those two products are great and work flawlessly. Now the main issue is the cable, I've read alot of reviews saying the clutch cable breaks very easily and quickly.
I say give it a try and see if they fixed the flaw in the cable, but if i was you i would have a spare cable in your car with all the tools you would need to change the cable out if it snaps. Just in case you don't get stranded somewhere with a broken clutch cable!
Interesting. I haven't read anything like that (not saying they aren't out there) but the cable I got is chunkier than the stock One by a pretty considerable amount. I guess ill find out.
Old 02-28-2013, 01:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBluedude View Post
Interesting. I haven't read anything like that (not saying they aren't out there) but the cable I got is chunkier than the stock One by a pretty considerable amount. I guess ill find out.
When you get a moment go on SR Performance Mustang Clutch Adjuster Kit (96-04) at AmericanMuscle.com 172-0201||16016||555-7000||16018||555-7021||16019 - Free Shipping!
Read all the reviews. or go to the actual cable and read them. Caused me not to purchase this!
GDogg08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I have read them as well. Others here have recommended replacing your cable with an OEM cable from Ford to go with your mod.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
The oem cable is still by far the strongest one currently available. Just use the quadrant and firewall adjuster with the stock cable.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Just because the cable is thicker does not mean its hardier. The Ford cable has linings and better materials used. I should have saved the link but someone compared cables and the Ford was manufactured the best.
1998 Bright Atlantic Cobra - 3:73's, BBK ls, Pro 5.0, 96 Cobra STB, Borla XR-1 Catback, Custom Catch Can, Spec clutch, MM Firewall adj, FRPP wires, RSD, Spoiler delete, 245/275 BF Goodrich g sports on chrome 95 cobra r's
1998 V6 Mustang : SOLD!
Rosco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02StangGT View Post
Has anyone tried the SR performance clutch adjuster kit from AM? What are your thoughts on it?
Just a FYI, when I purchased my mustang gt. it came with a stage 3 spec clutch. It also had a replacement cable. I drove it for a bout four months and it snapped. Made my fork bend. So I replaced the cable with another cable "not oem" it snapped another 4 months later. Now I did some research and I read OEM is the best but I got a bbk clutch cable this time. It came with two extra leverage points to release stress off the cable. I've been using that for about 6-7 months now and it's not fraying like the other ones. OEM is by far the most superior of quality IMO and I'm sure other people's too. All cable stretch but 90% of after market cables snap. Your better off being safe than sorry and getting the OEM cable. This is straight from personal experience.
1997 Mustang V6 (sold)
2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo (sold)
2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee
nickysixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 10:02 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
I actually have that exact same kit on my GT now. Its been on for about a week and havent had any issues out of it, clutch pedal feels alot tighter now... I hope i do not run into the cable snapping issue that they seem to be prone to though
02mineralgreygt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT