T45 Transmission - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-01-2013, 07:40 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
T45 Transmission

Hi All,

As ususal all you ME folks are the AWESOMEST! Sorry, dont care what management thinks. I totally appreciate you all. My Stang is on the fritz. Can't upgrade my HP due to a damnable tranny problem(s). Here is the deal. I have tremendous restriction in my drive line. Its like driving with the brakes on. It totally sucks. I can still do burnouts on a tick, but the tranny doesnt like it. Shifting to 2nd is a tremendous effort, no no sliping out of gear which I attribute to the best dang shifter-the Boss 5.0; it won't let you out of the gear without clutch regardless. While at it, my SPEC has failed tremendously in 1st gear. It chatters some in 2nd but avoiding it takes skill, which means higher friction on the back and the friction plates-yeah I can smell it cuz I have an R hood. Eliminate the clutch adjustments, etc. got it covered. I need tranny info both good and bad. I am certain I am pushing over 400 HP on the crank but my tranny and rear diff is to blame. My rear diff whines a lot and it makes braking sounds when I go into reverse. Fastlane says Its to spec, but I beg to differ. Am gonna go find Chris the master of all diffs plus I have to buy another 373 system. Ahhhh. Pissed? No, Fastlane is still the best dang speed shop in North Carolina, but cars like mine need custom management since I can split on a tic with only my manual reaction time to hinder. Folks all info is welcome. Wish I could afford a T56 Magnum 6 speed. I would rule and be totally happy...I would go to church then too.

Yours always,

Las

Oh yeah, I go to my local auto skill center with my tools frequently and help any poor soul fix just about anything. Latest project was an Acura TSX 2004. LOL. Production rice burner.
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Fellas, Gals,

The link to my tranny is directly below. Do take a gander and let me know what you think. Remember that every bit counts. DIY is a bugger and we only get better by sharing. Thanks a million and then some. Love yall.

Las97gt
PS if the link is crap, try Macko Transmission parts.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT