ECM SWAP HELP!! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
ECM SWAP HELP!!

Okay I did a auto to stick swap and got a tune for stock computer, it has no TC or rev limiter. I just put a manual computer in and put a BAMA tune in it and the car wont start. Its in theft mode. How do I unlock it or can I even do it with my programer. If I cant I will never buy from AM again cause they will have lied to me..
MustangGT02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Have you called AM yet? I have seen a couple of threads where this happened and it seems like AM was able to help. It can be a headache but always a chance you take when you change your tune.
Old 03-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
The '99 to '04 Mustangs use the PATS type C system, in which the PATS module is in the instrument cluster and the cluster and the PCM are "married" via a shared security ID programmed at the factory. Neither component can be changed, and the engine run, without re-marrying them (this requires the Ford Integrated Diagnostic System (IDS) or by disabling PATS in the tune.

BAMA should be able to do that (disable the PATS in the tune)...

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I gave up... Im just going to contune using the stock computer. I need to call Bama and get some new tunes and tell them to make sure I have TC and a rev limiter this time.
Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT02 View Post
I gave up... Im just going to contune using the stock computer. I need to call Bama and get some new tunes and tell them to make sure I have TC and a rev limiter this time.
Make sure they know you swapped out the auto tranny too, there are a three scalar values in the tune (Auto Trans Switch, Trans Load Switch and Trans Type Switch) that need to be set to 0 to tell the PCM a manual transmission is installed.

Also the value of Output Shaft Pulses/Revolution has top be set to 12, from 6, so that the speedometer will read correctly...

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffyk View Post

Make sure they know you swapped out the auto tranny too, there are a three scalar values in the tune (Auto Trans Switch, Trans Load Switch and Trans Type Switch) that need to be set to 0 to tell the PCM a manual transmission is installed.

Also the value of Output Shaft Pulses/Revolution has top be set to 12, from 6, so that the speedometer will read correctly...
They know, I talk to the guy on the phone when he made the tunes for the manual computer. He told me all I had to do was put it in and tune it.... He was wrong.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #7
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustangGT02 View Post
They know, I talk to the guy on the phone when he made the tunes for the manual computer. He told me all I had to do was put it in and tune it.... He was wrong.
MustangGT02,

Bama does have the ability to turn the PATs system off and allow your Mustang to run. Your Mustang shouldn't be in theft mode right now, it sounds like the PATs system is not fully disabled. Let me get you in direct contact with our Lead Tuner and he'll get your Mustang running in a few minutes with an adjusted tune.

However, even with the PATs system disabled, you'll still throw some lights on the dash. The proper way to get this taken care of is have a Ford Dealer sync the gauge cluster to your new PCM. Then you'll be completely set and be able to enjoy the new transmission.

I'm sorry for any miscommunication or confusion you had with our Bama Team. I don't believe anyone intentionally lied to you, but some information was definitely dropped on our end. I'm very sorry for that and I'd like to get you back on the road, ASAP!

Please send me a PM with any of your previous order numbers from AM or your First/Last name and shipping address. As I mentioned above, I'll get you in direct contact with our Lead Tuner, so he can help get your Mustang started. From there you can drive the car to a Ford Dealer and have the PAT's system synced after returning the vehicle back to stock.

Also, let me know if there's anything I can assist you with!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT