Head lights not turning on. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-03-2013, 10:32 PM   #1

Region: California
Head lights not turning on.

Hello everyone, I'm new to this forum. So I have a 2000 mustang that I have had for about 8 years. It was originally a silver V6 and then I had an encounter with a cement divider. I did all the repairs myself and drove around in a multicolored pony for a while. Then I went ahead and swapped in a 2v 4.6 w/ a TKO-600 in preparation for a more potent power plant later on down the road. I drove it like that for a while and then decided to go ahead and paint it. But I wanted the ENTIRE thing to have the color change. So I pulled the engine and trans, glass and all the interior. I sprayed it canary yellow w/ white racing stripes. Then after putting everything all back together I finally took it cruising. However now my turn signals down work, nor do my headlights. However my hi-beams work when I pull the stalk back, but when I push it forward nothing happens. I checked my fuses and nothing is blown, I have tried to find a diagram of my relays to see which is which but I haven't found anything. Can someone indicate to me which relay may be for the headlights or even if the headlights have a relay? Any help would be awesome.
JaydoubleYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 11:13 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Just for *****z and giggles mess with the tilt steering. Move the wheel up and down while trying blinkers. My explorer is like that! Idk?
Old 03-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
yes, there is a headlight switch. It is behind the knob you pull. Link:1994-1998 Ford Mustang Headlights at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-04-2013, 01:35 AM   #4

Region: California
Yea I know where the switch is, but what I'm asking is where is the headlight relay located. Is it one of the relays located under the hood? And if so which one is it? My chilton book does not have a diagram or table labeling the different relays or fuses. The owners manual has a table for the fuses but not the relays. So I would really like to know where I can get a chart or table that identifies the different relays as well as the fuses.
JaydoubleYou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:08 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
The links I posted should have directions. Sorry for the confusion, maybe I'm wrong, maybe I'm right. The relay is the piece that the headlight knob is pulled out of to turn on the lights. .
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT