Good Outside car cover? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-15-2013, 06:15 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Good Outside car cover?

Hey, im sure someone on here can help me with a review on some good car covers that will keep my car dry from the drain and clean as well. I had one and it said it was water proof but when it rains it doesnt keep the water out.

Any suggestions on where I can find one that is good for outside and agasint the rain?
southernstang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
+1 I would like to get one

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I'd like to get one before June, my car will be sitting outside all summer while I'm at camp.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Well I ordered the 169 one on AM because it got good reviews as far as keeping it clean and dry from the rain. I will let you know how it does.
Old 03-15-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Dang that's expensive lol but worth it

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
Dang that's expensive lol but worth it
Yeah, while I was gone my dad ordered one for 80 bucks and it said it was moisture proof but it's not so I upgraded to the one I ordered.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:58 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
I purchased a 4 layer on eBay, for $40. this will be my second season with it, I'm very happy with it. but it's water resistant and breathable. most of the time the water runs off of it, . in some areas it does puddle. but,when it stops raining it dries almost immediately. if it lasts me a couple years I'll be happy and I just buy another 1.
PC07VistaBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PC07VistaBlueGT View Post
I purchased a 4 layer on eBay, for $40. this will be my second season with it, I'm very happy with it. but it's water resistant and breathable. most of the time the water runs off of it, . in some areas it does puddle. but,when it stops raining it dries almost immediately. if it lasts me a couple years I'll be happy and I just buy another 1.
Yeah while I was gone my dad bought one on there saying it was but it really isn't. It says moisture proof, but when it rains the water soaks the cover like when your clothing gets wet. Then, when you take the cover off it has reached the car. So I figured I would try the one on am
Old 03-16-2013, 04:32 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Non of the good ones are completely waterproof. They need to breath or the car will rust. Believe me we researched this very well. Started out with one from AM. It didn't do well with rain. They were great and took it back. I ordered a Noah model from Cover Craft. Cost about $239. You may think that's expensive but what's your car and paint worth? We used it for our pristine black 96 SVT Cobra we bought until we could clean out the garage. It rained a lot for the month we used it. That's my experience with car covers. It did let some moisture pass during very heavy rain, but very little and because it breaths when sun came out it dried out. A cheap car cover will scratch your car too. Each Cover Craft cover is custom made. Ours fits like a glove. Next level up is softer inside and extra padded for hail damage protection. Good luck Spiney-Dave
Spiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

The one I bought from am did well when it rained the other day it did really well kept it dry and did what I wanted too.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT