got a question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2013, 08:25 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
got a question

Ok have a 2001 gt it has a misfire but throwing no codes. Hammering on it and under lite fuel it stumbles. I am not going to spend a bunch of money on all 8 coils. It may just be spark plugs but not sure. Anyone every experience this problem.
garbill2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
yea its probably just one bad coil. U can get one from ford for like $50 rather than buying the whole set. U should try and wait till u get it to throw a code. When it does the code will be like 806 or sum thin. (6 being the cylinder number). Take that coil and switch it with another cylinder like say cylinder 4. The car should throw a code saying 804. So now u kno u found the bad coil and just replace that one. the coils are infamous for all going with in the same time as one another. I felt like u and didn't wana buy a whole set at the time, so i tried that trick and haven't had a problem yet.... Good luck!
Jcastro7608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcastro7608 View Post
yea its probably just one bad coil. U can get one from ford for like $50 rather than buying the whole set. U should try and wait till u get it to throw a code. When it does the code will be like 806 or sum thin. (6 being the cylinder number). Take that coil and switch it with another cylinder like say cylinder 4. The car should throw a code saying 804. So now u kno u found the bad coil and just replace that one. the coils are infamous for all going with in the same time as one another. I felt like u and didn't wana buy a whole set at the time, so i tried that trick and haven't had a problem yet.... Good luck!
Yeah I've held it to the rug to get a code but it don't want to throwone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 09:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
yea I've heard stores of people having those problems but it doesn't throw a code till weeks later.... sux but it might just be a waiting game for the code unless u wana buy the whole 8 pack. I'm sure its no fun having a pony without all its horses either....
Jcastro7608 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcastro7608 View Post
yea I've heard stores of people having those problems but it doesn't throw a code till weeks later.... sux but it might just be a waiting game for the code unless u wana buy the whole 8 pack. I'm sure its no fun having a pony without all its horses either....
I have a 5.4 2v truck that throws codes rite away doesn't make since why the car wouldn't. It's my ladies car I have my own and it run just fine.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT