Tell me what i need to fix this spinning problem - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-18-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Tell me what i need to fix this spinning problem

http://youtu.be/O2BLoeq2jtg

I have the details in the description
35th GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
What mods do you have to be pushing that much power? I don't hear a blower or see any gauges to indicate any type of power adder
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Eb 75 mm throttle, 42lb injectors, 3.73 gears, comp cams, f1 clutch, steda shifter, slp loud mouth exhaust, pro charger ( still kitted but the head unit burnt up ) etc. what do I need to do to minimize spin?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
If your head unit it trashed, you're not anywhere near 400 (please done leave out very important details. k thanks). Maybe 280 with what you listed minus FI. Like CodyNelson, I didn't hear any blower whine in the video; I saw your A-pillar gauges though so I'm glad you have the motivation to do it right.
Anyways, you'll need a lot to put that kind of power to the ground once you get that unit replaced:
Upper and Lower Control arms
Quad shocks
Drag shocks and struts
Rear airbag system
Drag radials or slicks
Full-length subframe connectors
Adjustable panhard bar (for wheel hop)
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post
I'm with CodyNelson, what are you running to make 400? All I can think if is a 4V swap and build, built 2v, or a shot of nitrous. I see A-pillar gauges, but don't hear a supercharger or turbo setup.
Anyways, you'll need a lot to put that kind of power to the ground:
Upper and Lower Control arms
Quad shocks
Drag shocks and struts
Rear airbag system
Drag radials or slicks
Full-length subframe connectors
Adjustable panhard bar (for wheel hop)
Trust me no one around here believed the power this car has, the guy I got it from was short on the mods. I'm only saying the things he told me it has, it could be a lot more ( he was a rich kid ) it may have piston upgrades etc. I may never know but from time and time again from going completely sideways the bushings are completely wore out.. Could this be my spin problem?
Old 03-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35th GT View Post

Trust me no one around here believed the power this car has, the guy I got it from was short on the mods. I'm only saying the things he told me it has, it could be a lot more ( he was a rich kid ) it may have piston upgrades etc. I may never know but from time and time again from going completely sideways the bushings are completely wore out.. Could this be my spin problem?
I'd love to see your motor, man! Post up a shot!
The bushings don't have anything to do with wheel spin, though. They're all about suspension and ride comfort.
Like I stated earlier, your problem is just too much power for the sh1tty stock parts to handle.
Grab the stuff I said and you'll hook much better.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:51 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2573426372.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	554.5 KB
ID:	96848

Nothing too special .. You can see where the pro charger sits lol
Old 03-18-2013, 07:07 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'd love to see your motor, man! Post up a shot!
The bushings don't have anything to do with wheel spin, though. They're all about suspension and ride comfort.
Like I stated earlier, your problem is just too much power for the sh1tty stock parts to handle.
Grab the stuff I said and you'll hook much better.
I judge the power by this, I've ran a 2001 C5 and beat it by a few feet, I ran a 2012 camaro SS and beat it just barely.. Those cars push way more power so that must mean I'm out torquing them by maybe 30-40 Pounds.. And if that's the case usually on vehicles I've always toyed with the hp is usually 20-30 less than the torque.. So I estimated 400 or a hair more.. Correct me if I'm wrong but this mustang must be beastly to out run a new SS .. As long as it eats Chevys and pees rice I'm satisfied lol
Old 03-18-2013, 07:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I took an R/T challenger (THREE times - 2 rolls and a dig) with only my 260 rwhp, mild motor work. MGW, and 4.10s. I beat dad's 3.55s, cammed, and tuned 07 all day long too.

You can't really base power off what you can beat. Most people with these kinds of cars can't drive work a damn.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:19 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I took an R/T challenger with only my 260 rwhp and 4.10s. I beat dad's 3.55s, cammed, and tuned 07 all day long too.

You can't really base power off what you can beat.
I'll have it up to test the hp in a couple weeks I'm curious myself, I'm sure the mods I do have bring out more than 20 extra hp. Even my mechanic says it has to be around 390-400 hp we will see lol I know the car is the fastest car I have ever driven it feels like taking off in a jet when it's floored
Old 03-18-2013, 07:22 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

I'm hella excited to see your sheets!
Sounds like you got an awesome deal.
Old 03-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Get to dyno shop for new custom tunes and have them install the new Micky Thompson ET Street radials II.
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:46 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I'm hella excited to see your sheets!
Sounds like you got an awesome deal.
Oh I think I did lol I traded a 04 expedition for it

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
Get to dyno shop for new custom tunes and have them install the new Micky Thompson ET Street radials II.
Will do thanks
Old 03-18-2013, 08:29 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
My car does this and it only has 280ish to the wheels and I have 315s on the rear. Bottom line is, if you have crappy tires, you will spin all day. I don't know if I buy 400hp w/o FI or nitrous, Unless you have a killer top end and just from the looks of you motor, you don't. Basing HP numbers off of what cars you beat is a long shot. There are plenty of other factors that contribute to a win (driver error, launch, dig or roll, vehicle weight, etc).
ksrumbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:41 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

If you don't have the blower on you don't have anything close to 400. As stated above you can't base power off who you beat bc most people can't drive. Even if it does have a forged shortblock that doesn't give you extra power, just the ability to push it further. The only way internals give power is if compression goes up and seeing as the car was built for a blower I HIGHLY doubt it has a higher compression ratio than stock
Old 03-18-2013, 10:49 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post
If you don't have the blower on you don't have anything close to 400. As stated above you can't base power off who you beat bc most people can't drive. Even if it does have a forged shortblock that doesn't give you extra power, just the ability to push it further. The only way internals give power is if compression goes up and seeing as the car was built for a blower I HIGHLY doubt it has a higher compression ratio than stock
Couldn't agree more; that's exactly what I posted earlier.
We'll see what the dyno says. I'm honestly really hoping he gets a good head unit and puts down the 400 he claims.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Couldn't agree more; that's exactly what I posted earlier.
We'll see what the dyno says. I'm honestly really hoping he gets a good head unit and puts down the 400 he claims.
Same here! It's a blast and a thrill everyone should be able to enjoy!! (Safely of course)
Old 03-18-2013, 10:53 PM   #18
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Take it this way, judging power based off of wins is retarded. I have an 01 Bullitt and went against a 99-04 GT at the strip last time I went. Bullitts only have about 10 more horsepower than GTs because of the intake, but I beat the guy by I'd say 3 car lengths. If what you are saying is true then that means my stock motor that is supposed to have 270 to the crank should be pushing 300 to the wheels.... Your theory is invalid

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT