Pi heads - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-21-2013, 02:01 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Pi heads

About how much wood pi heads that have New valves and valve springs and the heads were shaved?
New me is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Why would the heads be shaved? Did the car previously blow its head gasket? Pi heads in general can be for 300 with new valves or you could find them cheaper used however just asking as to y anyone would remove materials from the heads in my opinion and logic that would make compression higher since u are closing the gap even more from the head to bkock. But im sure someone will chime in with better response and prices on heads
Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ok
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 12:18 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Any others
Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
I beleave Fox Lake Racing can supply you with what your looking for. I would give them a call. They should be able to work with you and build you a set of heads to your specifications if thats what you really want. They also offer very effective porting packages for the PI heads.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:15 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

No I'm asking what do u thank woo be a good price for pi heads like that
Old 03-27-2013, 12:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ive been contimplating your answer. It depends on alot of things. If the heads were precision shaved to raise compresion or were they shaved because they were twisted? And as far as new valves and valve springs go you can drop a grand on some brands and racing pretty easily so really it depends on what brand they are. Also who assembled the heads plays a factor in value as well. A set of heads assembled in some guys garage isnt going to be worth as much as a set assembled in the worlds best performance shop. I will say that I wouldnt buy a set of used heads off someone for the same price or even close to the same price I could buy new ones for. I would say a couple hundred bucks less that what a new set of heads would cost is what I would consider fair depending on the factors I have already stated.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT