Bama tuner or svt - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #1

Region: Georgia
Bama tuner or svt

Does anyone live near Albany ga that has a tuner who would be willing to tune my 2003 gt. I will pay, just don't think its worth 379.00 for something I'd probably use once.
Bnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bnasty View Post
Does anyone live near Albany ga that has a tuner who would be willing to tune my 2003 gt. I will pay, just don't think its worth 379.00 for something I'd probably use once.
A tuner can only be used on 1 vehicle...once it's been used on 1 car it is "married" to that car, it can't be used on any other vehicle unless it is returned to the stock tune
Old 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Get a dyno tune

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #4

Wow are you serious! I didn't know that thanks bro. Guess I can forget that plan.smdh
Bnasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:30 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff

The BAMA tunes you get free tunes for life, and can choose between the street, performance, race and hybrid tune. Mine is in the mail right now.

HID end all thread
Old 03-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

The bama tuner is a generic packaged tuner that has basic tune parameters that are blanketed for all mustangs. If you brought your car to a local tuner with a dyno you could have a true custom tune specific to your vehicle and it modifications. Your vehicle will net more HP gains by doing this. The bama tuners or SCT hand held tuners are great for mild bolt on cars.
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 02:44 PM   #7
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilla View Post
The bama tuner is a generic packaged tuner that has basic tune parameters that are blanketed for all mustangs. If you brought your car to a local tuner with a dyno you could have a true custom tune specific to your vehicle and it modifications. Your vehicle will net more HP gains by doing this. The bama tuners or SCT hand held tuners are great for mild bolt on cars.
+100

HID end all thread
Old 03-22-2013, 02:54 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Well put mzilla
Old 03-22-2013, 03:07 PM   #9
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Just wanted to clear a few things up. Our Bama tunes are all custom made for each specific vehicle and their exact modifications. The tunes have been tested on our Dynojet 224xlc, local streets, and tracks. Needless to say, they're far from generic or basic. In fact, we've seen equal if not more power increases with our Bama tune than other Competitors dyno tunes!

We're always looking for any minor tweaks to be made that can benefit you guys!

Shane

OP,

If you have any questions about our Bama tunes or tuners, please feel free to contact me. I'd be happy to answer any of your questions!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

mass produced hand held tuners are made with general tune perameters period. The reason they are this way is because they have to warranty them so joe blow and the other 1000 guys that use them don't blow up their car. If you want the most peak HP for your vehicle an individual custom tune to will net the most HP. Hand held tuners are great for NA cars with minor bolt ons. I'm not trying to start an argument I think AM sells a lot of great products. Custom tunes are truly more beneficial when power adders and custom cams are involved and you want the best drivability for your car.
Old 03-22-2013, 06:27 PM   #11
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Mzilla.......you have a point but getting a dyno tune for a minor bolt on 2V is a waste of money. I think a handheld with a tune from anyone would better suit the OP......just my .02
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 06:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
Mzilla.......you have a point but getting a dyno tune for a minor bolt on 2V is a waste of money. I think a handheld with a tune from anyone would better suit the OP......just my .02
That is exactly what in saying.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:23 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Virginia
Not complete waste of money. There's something to be said for a serious pro taking the opportunity to listen to you, listen to the car for abnormalities, watch fuel/air ratios, tweak things very specific to your own car. Also get to walk away with some extra knowledge after asking 100 questions like, hey, "what is that"...
robb15033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:44 AM   #14
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb15033 View Post
Not complete waste of money. There's something to be said for a serious pro taking the opportunity to listen to you, listen to the car for abnormalities, watch fuel/air ratios, tweak things very specific to your own car. Also get to walk away with some extra knowledge after asking 100 questions like, hey, "what is that"...
I see your point,respect your opinion but still disagree. Dyno tuning a car with a CAI and minor exhaust is pointless when you can datalog......IMO.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:50 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Thank you, and I agree with you too. At the very least, have a set of pulleys, CAI, full flow exhaust, gears, and get her some various octane tunes.
Old 03-26-2013, 02:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Any 4.6L GT will benefit noticeably from a decent tune, be it a tune from BAMA or a "dyno"¹ tune. The stock tune sucks with very conservative timing and running rich to pig-rich in open loop mode at WOT and high loads.

I have never tuned modest bolt-on or even a dead-stock New-Edge on which the owner did not come back from their first drive with a big grin...

----------------------------------------------------
¹ - A dynamometer is just a convenient tool for measuring the effects of changes made to the tune--there is no magic involved. The same thing can be done with a stop watch and a straight stretch of deserted road, or one of the accelerometer based performance tools.

New ride (7/1/2013) 1998 Mercedes SL500-5.0L 32V VVT 326/347 HP/tq
cliffyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 06:02 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffyk View Post
Any 4.6L GT will benefit noticeably from a decent tune, be it a tune from BAMA or a "dyno"¹ tune. The stock tune sucks with very conservative timing and running rich to pig-rich in open loop mode at WOT and high loads.

I have never tuned modest bolt-on or even a dead-stock New-Edge on which the owner did not come back from their first drive with a big grin...

----------------------------------------------------
¹ - A dynamometer is just a convenient tool for measuring the effects of changes made to the tune--there is no magic involved. The same thing can be done with a stop watch and a straight stretch of deserted road, or one of the accelerometer based performance tools.
So true!
jazzystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

+2. True Dat!
Old 03-27-2013, 01:16 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
mass produced hand held tuners are made with general tune perameters period. The reason they are this way is because they have to warranty them so joe blow and the other 1000 guys that use them don't blow up their car. If you want the most peak HP for your vehicle an individual custom tune to will net the most HP. Hand held tuners are great for NA cars with minor bolt ons. I'm not trying to start an argument I think AM sells a lot of great products. Custom tunes are truly more beneficial when power adders and custom cams are involved and you want the best drivability for your car.
I agree 100%, i have a bama tuner for my boltons but as soon as i get bigger with power i will go seek a dyno custom tune specifictly for my car.
Xavier9370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
svt