Help!!?!?? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fordhartbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 303
Help!!?!??

New plugs wires batter idle air controle cold air car idles great put in drive it volts dive and car dies need help please car was fine before upgrades
Fordhartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-23-2013, 09:51 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fordhartbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 303
I'm thinking it may be a vacum line but why would that make my volts drop? Car starts fine every time? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Or it could also be that the idle air control I just put on is a bad one??? Or maybe something to do with the batter being undone the computer is off wack and needs to relearn settings????? How do u reset computer just unplug batter right??
Fordhartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordhartbreaker View Post
I'm thinking it may be a vacum line but why would that make my volts drop? Car starts fine every time? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Or it could also be that the idle air control I just put on is a bad one??? Or maybe something to do with the batter being undone the computer is off wack and needs to relearn settings????? How do u reset computer just unplug batter right??
Unplug battery at terminal for 5 to 10 secs and when started there should be a gate sweep of the gauges meaning computer has been reset
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-23-2013, 10:05 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
tonyd01gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: ayden
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,065
Help!!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordhartbreaker View Post
I'm thinking it may be a vacum line but why would that make my volts drop? Car starts fine every time? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

---------- Post added at 08:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

Or it could also be that the idle air control I just put on is a bad one??? Or maybe something to do with the batter being undone the computer is off wack and needs to relearn settings????? How do u reset computer just unplug batter right??
To reset just unbolt the battery post. keep off 5-10 minutes.On the drop in charge. Do you have UDP on the car? Check all your grounds for the volt drop.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fordhartbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 303
No I do not have udp when I hooked the batter u last time I didn't get a gate sweep?? It was undone for ab 30 mins to an hour
Fordhartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordhartbreaker View Post
No I do not have udp when I hooked the batter u last time I didn't get a gate sweep?? It was undone for ab 30 mins to an hour
I know in 99-04 if the battery is disconnected for 5-10 there should be a gate sweep( needles sweep from lowest to high point like 0-150mph ) when battery is reconnected and car is turned on, it should on your car if I'm not mistaken
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fordhartbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 303
I know what ur talking ab my 2002 would gate sweep my 96 won't but from what I have said does it sound like vacume or electrical?
Fordhartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordhartbreaker View Post
I know what ur talking ab my 2002 would gate sweep my 96 won't but from what I have said does it sound like vacume or electrical?
Could be vacuum leak I honestly would call a good mechanic shop and just explain the problem, they'll have more of a direct answer than most of us, unless someone else has had this problem on here
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fordhartbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 303
Ok will do my guess is that the new idle air control is bad so when u put it in gear it puts a load on the engine... Not being able to have the vacum to support that would bog the engine down also making the alt turn slower bc of the low rpm making the volts drop ... I also think it's vacum bc when u hit the breaks the motor will bog down to breaks use vacum so.... Idk just an idea I could be way off ha just kinda want to get it back on the road soon I have missed her all winter
Fordhartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordhartbreaker View Post
Ok will do my guess is that the new idle air control is bad so when u put it in gear it puts a load on the engine... Not being able to have the vacum to support that would bog the engine down also making the alt turn slower bc of the low rpm making the volts drop ... I also think it's vacum bc when u hit the breaks the motor will bog down to breaks use vacum so.... Idk just an idea I could be way off ha just kinda want to get it back on the road soon I have missed her all winter
Yeah ik vacuum leaks/problems can bog down a car, never had issues with idle air control but a good mechanic that is not just gonna make you buy parts to get him money but actually fix the problem at hand would be your best bet, just get it fixed and done correct and have all summer to lay down some rubber lol
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Fordhartbreaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Indiana
Posts: 303
Thanks for the help everyone all I had to do is drive it over 30 and the computer reset to where it should she's running like a top pulls alot harder to Monday she gets udp and sct tuner
Fordhartbreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:55 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordhartbreaker View Post
Thanks for the help everyone all I had to do is drive it over 30 and the computer reset to where it should she's running like a top pulls alot harder to Monday she gets udp and sct tuner
Np man
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:52 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.