Help! Clutch issue - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-24-2013, 05:02 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
Help! Clutch issue

So i was driving home from work today and my mustang was driving what felt to be just fine, well i stopped at a light and waited for it to turn green. When it changed i went to go push my clutch in to put it in gear and i felt like the clutch pedal drastically changed. Everything about it. It catches so much quicker it feels like, the pedal feels softer, and so much shorter than before. Sounds odd and its hard to explain but im just wondering if anyone knows what might be going on or any tips

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Car has 104k miles, not sure if clutch ever replaced, makes kind of squeaking sound when letting clutch pedal out
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
01mustang_gtfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: pekin
Region: Illinois
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrayGT View Post
So i was driving home from work today and my mustang was driving what felt to be just fine, well i stopped at a light and waited for it to turn green. When it changed i went to go push my clutch in to put it in gear and i felt like the clutch pedal drastically changed. Everything about it. It catches so much quicker it feels like, the pedal feels softer, and so much shorter than before. Sounds odd and its hard to explain but im just wondering if anyone knows what might be going on or any tips

---------- Post added at 03:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:00 PM ----------

Car has 104k miles, not sure if clutch ever replaced, makes kind of squeaking sound when letting clutch pedal out
It could be a streatched cable..or u may just have to adjust the bolt on the cable..the bolt could of backed off causing that.I just had the same problem with mine last week and had to tighten the bolt on my clutch cable
01mustang_gtfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:33 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Whtghost1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Bakersfield
Region: California
Posts: 68
If your cables in good condition check under the dash and make sure the quadrant isn't cracked there made of plastic. My 01 cracked and made my clutch feel funny.
Whtghost1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-24-2013, 07:47 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
Ill be sure to check it soon, but another question is its been really cold/snowy here lately and ive had to drive through a couple big puddles, so is there any possibility of maybe ice or something causing the problem too?
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:00 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrayGT View Post
Ill be sure to check it soon, but another question is its been really cold/snowy here lately and ive had to drive through a couple big puddles, so is there any possibility of maybe ice or something causing the problem too?
No way..way to hot in that area for any ice
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 08:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
01mustang_gtfun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: pekin
Region: Illinois
Posts: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrayGT View Post
Ill be sure to check it soon, but another question is its been really cold/snowy here lately and ive had to drive through a couple big puddles, so is there any possibility of maybe ice or something causing the problem too?
Let us know
01mustang_gtfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:05 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Not sayin it supposed to be like this but both my stangs have felt like this. My 96v6 and my 04 gt
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
MineralGrayGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Wyoming
Posts: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post
Not sayin it supposed to be like this but both my stangs have felt like this. My 96v6 and my 04 gt
It might just be the way im explaining it haha but there was a huge difference in the clutch pedal in a matter of like 30 secs its ridiculous haha
MineralGrayGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:03 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralGrayGT View Post

It might just be the way im explaining it haha but there was a huge difference in the clutch pedal in a matter of like 30 secs its ridiculous haha
No i think i know what ur sayin. I think my clutch is bipolar lol
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
jdavis96gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: West Virgina
Posts: 1,014
You could try adjusting your clutch. There's a write up in the stickies.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:55 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.