lca ??'s - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-25-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
lca ??'s

I've got a chance to pick up some stage 3 roush lca's for $100. Any thoughts, input, suggestions, experience....
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
LCA's? What are we talking about here?
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Lower control arms
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

OH!!! DUH!! What is it your planning to accomplish by using the roush LCA's? I tend to think the roush/ saleen suspension systems arnt much better than stock in compairison to other aftermarket producers.

Best way to find out if a part is good for you is to formulate a plan first. And to do that you need to think about what do I want to do with this car? Is it my daily driver? Is it a 1/4mile car? 1/8mile car? Will I drive it on the highway or just around town? Am I going to be setting records and competing or just enjoying improved performance?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:11 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

So once you determine how your car is primarily used you can start to determine which parts fit your performance application best. Then make the hard financial decision of going for cheep parts or the best in the buisness.

If you need help determining which parts are better for which use or want to know what brands are better than others with a specific performance goal in mind I can be of more help.

---------- Post added at 11:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:08 AM ----------

For regular street use the roush's should help give you some bite. If your going to put a power adder on your car or are planning to set records and win races there are many more better performing options ranging from a little more money to alot more money.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:17 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

I consider Maximum Motorsports to offer cost effective well performing suspension peices that can help you with street/strip/autoX/cup racing.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:22 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

My cars just a weekend cruiser/ garage queen! I've got full bolt on's, and maybe track it once in a blue moon. I just figured " hell, for $100... why not?!"

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

I've got the stage 3 springs. And it makes my car sit pretty nice. ( if I don't say so myself!) I just thought the stage 3 lca's would be a nice addition.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:23 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

What kind of track? Curves or straight?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:24 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Straight 1/4 mile
Old 03-25-2013, 11:32 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Springs is a different story from control arms. I dont think youll get much noticable benifit with the roush peices. The roushs are going to have softer performance than say Steeda but Steeda will maintain your ride quality like the Roush peices did. Maximum Motorsports offers a few variations of control arms that would perform even better and top of the line highest performing equipment would be from Metco or Grigs Racing depending on if you were going striaghtline (metco) or corner carving (griggs).

---------- Post added at 11:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

What are your current mods?
Old 03-25-2013, 11:49 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry for the length of my responces and questioning. Some parts of modifying arnt as simple as others because car setup makes all the difference in performance which makes parts selection more involved.
Old 03-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Cai, UDP, tb, intake plenium, full exhaust, custom tune, 13" brakes, tokico shocks/ struts, then some appearance mods.. lowering springs, light bar, speedster cover, Saleen spoiler, fr 500's, white svt gauges, bunch of chrome under the hood..I might put some nitrous on it sometime down the road. The last time I was at the track I ran 13.9 and it was a hot muggy day... not too bad for a heavy a$$ vert! ( on street tires)

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:55 AM ----------

And just had 373's installed at the end if last season
Old 03-25-2013, 12:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

I would say spend the extra $100 on the Steeda LCA's with the mods and future plans you have you will see more benifit from them and they will be worth the extra cash. The roush LCA's bushings will be too soft and wear out quickly when you start using the bottle. Also the Steeda LCA's while being a good enough performer for power adder cars they also are street friendly.

Also if you have a manual car I would recommend swaping the 373's out for 355's when you reach for the bottle. If you have an automatic the 3.73's are perfect for spraying your convertable GT.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:25 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Steeda's Steel Lower Control Arms really hook! Made from extruded and billet Steel for an economical approach for lower 60 ft. times and maximum control off corners. They are a direct bolt-on, with swaybar mounts located to clear differential stud girdles and T-Rex fuel pumps. Don't be fooled by imitators! Steeda's lower rear control arms are the only ones that use our exclusive 3 piece bushings to eliminate suspension bind and vibration while planting your tires to the pavement.

NOTE: Does not fit 1999-2004 Cobra with IRS

Product Benefits
  • Less NVH than arms with spherical bearings
  • 1/2 the weight of the competition’s control arms
  • Hard bushing centers control the axle for maximum traction and handling
  • Softer outer bushings edges won't squeak or bind
  • Won't damage torque boxes like other arms with solid bushings
  • Used by winners in NHRA, IHRA, SCCA, Fun Ford Weekend series, and the Ferrari-eating "Steeda Q" T-1 road racer.
  • Easy bolt on
  • Steeda's street & competition proves bushing package
  • Excellent for daily driving or performance use
Steeda 1999-04 Mustang Rear Lower Control Arms - Made in the USA 555-4421

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT