ATI Procharger F1 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-26-2013, 03:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
ATI Procharger F1

Im thinking I want to do a F1 on my next mustang. You guys think it would be possible to add the F1 but use a blow off valve and custom tune to keep PSI low enough to not blow a stock engine apart until I can get the engine built to handle more boost?
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2013, 05:09 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
For a car you don't even own yet and probably never will... Lol
Old 03-27-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Ive had 6 mustangs one of which I dropped $55,000 in parts alone into. Laugh all you want but when I build a car it is from the ground up.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2013, 09:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
If you spent $55,000 on a mustang and then sold it, I believe you have more money than brains...
CodyNelson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:09 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Who ever said anything about selling? The car was vandilized and burned to the ground. Whats more is im paying hugely inflated insurance prices because the car wasnt payed off and am still paying for somthing that someone else did to me. It has been almost 3 years and I have been bench racing every since to come back better and stronger. Furthermore I dont apreciate the ridicule. All I did was ask a simple question and after Ive helped many people with their power combinations on this forum this is how im treated? Shame on you.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Man I was just giving you a hard time...this is an Internet forum, don't get so serious. Sorry for joking, you're right shame on me lol
Old 03-27-2013, 10:40 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I guess it did bust my chops a little hard for somthing so small. Still it doesnt feel good to be ragged on no matter how little it is. Im half way miserable without a mustang I can play with and have spent literally tens of thousands of hours in my life learning and contimplating part combinations. I guess what im trying to say is im not mad but you guys did press on a sore spot.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Prior to reading this we didn't know that though....
Old 03-27-2013, 10:55 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

I know thats why im not mad.
Old 03-27-2013, 11:03 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Still havnt got a straight answer to my question though. Id like to go ahead and buy a F1 series blower. Because of its impeller speed I would never have need to upgrade to another supercharger. Im guessing no one here has experience with running blow off valves with over sized centri chargers.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:08 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

You will need a good BOV that moves alot of air but it can easily be done. Alot of guys will run 2 BOVs to help displace the charge air. With an F1 I would highly recommend a BigRed Open Race valve from procharger

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:06 PM ----------

They are fairly expensive but do a great job and IMO are the most wicked sounding BOVs on the market
Old 03-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

I appreciate the feed back. Sounds like its going to cost me an extra grand to do that.. While cheaper than buying two super chargers prices add up quick. Its is why I do so much research before I jump into somthing. With my experience my builds are becoming more and more complex. Maybe one day Ill start having custom one off parts made. Until then ive never actually had a car with a blow off valve. Are there blow off valves that are adjustable to a psi setting?
Old 03-27-2013, 02:04 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

You don't really need to worry about it. With turbos the waste gates are what you worry about the springs on. These valves are vacuum operated so as long as there is no vacuum they will stay closed
Old 03-27-2013, 02:21 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I dont think you understand what im trying to acomplish. Im try to run a centrifugal supercharger not a turbo that would normaly pump out 18psi and then bleed the presure lower in the rpm range so that when the supercharger hits lets say 9 psi it doesnt allow any extra boost made above that level into the engine. Ive heard this can be acheived by using a blow of valve. From using this kind of setup im trying to acheive 3 things. One, not having to buy a bigger supercharger down the road. Two, I should reach peek boost at a lower rpm and make more overall power. Three, using the bigger supercharger unit should lower my horsepower and increase my torque numbers at normal driving rpms and save me on fuel consumption with proper gearing. So my question still stands. I will try to rephrase, can a single BOV be adjusted up or down to allow a certain amount of airflow into an engine?
Old 03-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

To do what you are wanting you will need a waste gate/boost controller setup
Old 03-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Sorry I wasn't clear, I understand what you're asking. To do this properly and be able to quickly make adjustments I would run a boost controller setup just as if you were running a turbo. I've done extensive research into this as I have plans to do the same thing. You can do it the way you're asking but using an electronic boos controller allows you to change boost pressures instantly. Then all you have to do is retune real quick and go
Old 03-28-2013, 08:16 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Didnt realize a waste gate would be required and having little to no experience with turbo vehicles im not sure I even remember what a waste gate does. Makes since though that a boost controler would be what controls the wastegate/BOV combo in order to control the amount of boost. I was thinking a BOV would do it by itself, guess I didnt think that all the way through. I appreciate your time in answering my questions, you have given me a new perspective.
Old 03-28-2013, 01:39 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

No problem! Glad to help
Old 03-30-2013, 12:28 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

Note trying to jump this thread, but how would you use a wastegate to control boost on a supercharger. A wastegate allows excess exhaust gas to bypass the hot side of a Turbo. I am very familiar with turbos as I've built a mid 400 HP dsm. I'm just not sure how your doing this. I'm just trying to educate myself.
2000steeda029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:26 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

It's pretty much the same principle as when used with a turbo. You place it in the charge side of the piping then set it for your desired psi. Then you can run a smaller pulley and once you reach your desired boost level then the waste gate will bleed off the unwanted boost. Note: this will only work with centri style blowers
Old 03-30-2013, 11:42 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Got ya so it too then would be controlled by vacuum pressure in the intake and a boost controller
2000steeda029 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 11:47 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Yes sir

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT