Sct bama tuner - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2013, 02:36 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
ryoung1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Greensboro
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 129
Sct bama tuner

Just curious has anyone ever noticed a problem shifting in an automatic after installing the custom tune? I'm running the 93 octane tune that bama performance sent me and it seems if I don't get into the gas enough or get to hard into it bogs down and doesn't want to go. Or does it just prefer you to give a medium amount have throttle to it?
ryoung1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-27-2013, 06:19 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Defying_Fate's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Middleville
Region: Michigan
Posts: 148
I've seen this posted quite a bit. I don't own an automatic myself. But it's just your car adjusting to the tune. By shifting more aggressively. It wants you to drive it harder. If you baby it it's going to bog.
Defying_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:05 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Polar Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Misawa
Region: Asia
Posts: 407
My automatic changed quite a bit from the stock tune to the 93 octane street tune. I've yet to try the performance or race tunes. My car holds on that first gear a little longer and won't shift unless I put some attitude into it. After that you can feel the difference in power and through the other gears is smooth. It sounds better though than the stock tune. If I revved the engine in stock the car would back fire. As soon as I uploaded the street tune that went away.
__________________
Steve
Polar Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-27-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoung1219 View Post
Just curious has anyone ever noticed a problem shifting in an automatic after installing the custom tune? I'm running the 93 octane tune that bama performance sent me and it seems if I don't get into the gas enough or get to hard into it bogs down and doesn't want to go. Or does it just prefer you to give a medium amount have throttle to it?
This is pretty normal, like these guys said the car wants to be driven with a little more attitude to take full advantage of the firmer shift points! That should only occur on the Race tune, the Street and Performance tune should be a little less aggressive.

Either way, we can look into this for you and soften up the shifts a bit. Just give the Bama team a call and they'll get you squared away! Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST. You can hit them up directly at 888.226.9764!

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
ryoung1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Greensboro
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 129
It also seems to bog down when it's wot. I was pulling of an exit onto hwy the other day and floored it to get around a car In front of me and to keep a tractor trailer from running me over from behind and it just revved up high rpms and would nt shift for some odd reason
ryoung1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryoung1219 View Post
It also seems to bog down when it's wot. I was pulling of an exit onto hwy the other day and floored it to get around a car In front of me and to keep a tractor trailer from running me over from behind and it just revved up high rpms and would nt shift for some odd reason
That does sound odd. We can definitely look into your tune and re write everything for you, in just a few minutes! We send out thousands of tunes and build them all from the ground up for your PCM code and your mods. They're not just "canned" tunes, they're built custom by our team, so every once in a while it's possible we mess one up! We'll definitely get it straightened out for you, though if this is the case! Give one of our Bama Tuning Specialists a call and they'll work with you to figure out exactly what's going on.

Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:41 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
ryoung1219's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Greensboro
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

That does sound odd. We can definitely look into your tune and re write everything for you, in just a few minutes! We send out thousands of tunes and build them all from the ground up for your PCM code and your mods. They're not just "canned" tunes, they're built custom by our team, so every once in a while it's possible we mess one up! We'll definitely get it straightened out for you, though if this is the case! Give one of our Bama Tuning Specialists a call and they'll work with you to figure out exactly what's going on.

Our Bama Performance tuning specialists are here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST and Saturday 9AM-5:30PM EST

-Dan
Called bama and they sent me a new 93 octane tune and just tested it out and it's so much better!! I can really feel the power now. Got me all excited like a little kid in a toy store.
ryoung1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #8
Registered Member

Regular
 
Ubnbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Tazewell
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 3,532
AM and BAMA Are beasts!!!! I swear, you can't beat their costumer service. I'm glad to hear they took care of you. They are the best!
__________________
Tint, louvers, Shelby brake light cover, sequentials, brake vent ring delete, Shorty antenna, JLT cold air intake, BAMA tune, VMP 2.5 S/C pulley, Ford racing shifter, MRT OR-H, SLP loudmouths, BMR adj PHB, BMR LCA, Eibach Pro-Kit, cobra jet big oval TB.
Ubnbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 11:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Uhh taken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Barhamsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 86
Good to hear, just made my choice for next upgrade.
Uhh taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:49 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.