My build sheet - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:43 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Well heres my future plans for my stang, i just thought id post up and see what yall think. Any advice yall might have, planning on doin the clutch and stuff first and workin my way back. Also thought it would be cool for others to post up what theyr plans are for theyr stangs. Performance and drivetrain mods only.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2662476395.png
Views:	191
Size:	217.3 KB
ID:	98875  
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-27-2013, 10:51 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Billymich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Chicago
Region: Illinois
Posts: 861
What rear end ratio? Im jealous!
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billymich View Post
What rear end ratio? Im jealous!
4.10 dont be jealous lol most of this **** prolly wont happen untill about this time next year. I just wanna build everything up so when i decide to build the motor everything else will be able to handle it.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-28-2013, 11:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waxahachie
Region: Texas
Posts: 555
What kind of engine build are you planning?
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:46 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselStang View Post
What kind of engine build are you planning?
Its gonna be quite some time before i put a lot of thought into that. Cant decide if i wanna go 2v or 4v yet. Ill prolly do teksid block with forged internals and build from the block up. Idk where to start.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:22 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waxahachie
Region: Texas
Posts: 555
Im going to start with the power adder I think. I did a post asking about the Procharger F1. My plan is to purchase another mustang cash, fiance the F1 and slow build the engine.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:27 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
A stage 3 clutch is one hell of a clutch for a lightly modified engine.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:31 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselStang View Post
Im going to start with the power adder I think. I did a post asking about the Procharger F1. My plan is to purchase another mustang cash, fiance the F1 and slow build the engine.
I m debating sc or nitrous tuned to around 400 safe hp until i have the cash to build the motor. Somethin else that intrigues me is doin somethin like a 5.4 swap. Would prolly be a lot of hassle though and more exspensive. I also wanna lighten the front end with a tubeular kmember and a arms. Unfortunately the funds are very little. Damn govt dont pay me enough lol.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
A stage 3 clutch is one hell of a clutch for a lightly modified engine.
I need somethin thattl grab hard and take a beating. I know its a bit extreme for now but ill probably have the car set up to run nitrous on slicks. Ive read a lot of reviews on it and from what i read shouldnt really sacrifice drivability much over stock. Oh and i have lts on already so im tryin to do it right the first time cause im not trying to make dropping the k member and pulling the longtubes a regular thing.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waxahachie
Region: Texas
Posts: 555
Well a 2v 5.4 swap is only worth about 40hp and 90tq to the wheels over stock in case you were wondering. I too am still debating nitrous or SC but I beleave I will end up doing both.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselStang View Post
Well a 2v 5.4 swap is only worth about 40hp and 90tq to the wheels over stock in case you were wondering. I too am still debating nitrous or SC but I beleave I will end up doing both.
What kinda safe power can be made on the stock block with forged internals and a stroker kit? Stock 4.6 that is.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:41 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post

I m debating sc or nitrous tuned to around 400 safe hp until i have the cash to build the motor. Somethin else that intrigues me is doin somethin like a 5.4 swap. Would prolly be a lot of hassle though and more exspensive. I also wanna lighten the front end with a tubeular kmember and a arms. Unfortunately the funds are very little. Damn govt dont pay me enough lol.

---------- Post added at 01:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------



I need somethin thattl grab hard and take a beating. I know its a bit extreme for now but ill probably have the car set up to run nitrous on slicks. Ive read a lot of reviews on it and from what i read shouldnt really sacrifice drivability much over stock. Oh and i have lts on already so im tryin to do it right the first time cause im not trying to make dropping the k member and pulling the longtubes a regular thing.
How long until you go SC or nitrous? A lot of times those Stage 3 clutches come with a very racy compound that doesn't really like how much slipping a DD takes.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 12:47 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Waxahachie
Region: Texas
Posts: 555
Had a 93 cobra with a King Cobra Clutch from FRPP. Using a stage 3 clutch is really no problem on the street as long as you learn to compinsate for it in your driving.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I wouldnt push a stock 4.6 very far past 400 horse without some kind of aftermarket block if its your daily driver.
DieselStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post

How long until you go SC or nitrous? A lot of times those Stage 3 clutches come with a very racy compound that doesn't really like how much slipping a DD takes.
I plan on havin all this installed in the next year, and ill prolly try to have nitrous and a dyno tune a few months after that.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselStang View Post
Had a 93 cobra with a King Cobra Clutch from FRPP. Using a stage 3 clutch is really no problem on the street as long as you learn to compinsate for it in your driving.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 PM ----------

I wouldnt push a stock 4.6 very far past 400 horse without some kind of aftermarket block if its your daily driver.
Damn really even with forged internals? How do you compensate?
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:28 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post

I plan on havin all this installed in the next year, and ill prolly try to have nitrous and a dyno tune a few months after that.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------



Damn really even with forged internals? How do you compensate?
If your only going to be putting down somewhere in the mid 300s to the wheels on the bottle then why buy a clutch meant for 500-600? The friction material combined with that aluminum flywheel, 4.10s, and that aluminum driveshaft is going to be fun to try and drive on the streets.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 01:57 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
What clutch do you suggest? I need somethin that will take some abuse.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:05 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post
What clutch do you suggest? I need somethin that will take some abuse.
I recommend Valeo's cobra replacement clutch. It's OEM on the terminators, so it can handle abuse.
Mine taken some really hard launches and it still grips like a champ when I take off in 3rd to test it out.
It's a really great deal for such a quality piece, plus they leave out the TOB and pilot bearing so you're not stuck with junk pieces after you buy the FRPP ones (which you SHOULD).
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post

I recommend Valeo's cobra replacement clutch. It's OEM on the terminators, so it can handle abuse.
Mine taken some really hard launches and it still grips like a champ when I take off in 3rd to test it out.
It's a really great deal for such a quality piece.
Damn really? I just saw one on cl haha. How much is it? Come from autozone? Deff go with the frpp tob and pilot.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
I like my Exedy stage 1 but it probably wouldn't handle the abuse. Most tuners I talk to recommend a stage 1 clutch with a heavy duty pressure plate because anything above that sacrifices driveability. You would probably be fine just buying a stage 2, just look up what friction material it uses.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:11 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
I like my Exedy stage 1 but it probably wouldn't handle the abuse. Most tuners I talk to recommend a stage 1 clutch with a heavy duty pressure plate because anything above that sacrifices driveability. You would probably be fine just buying a stage 2, just look up what friction material it uses.
Idk much about the materials so even if i did i would be lost.
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:24 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post

Damn really? I just saw one on cl haha. How much is it? Come from autozone? Deff go with the frpp tob and pilot.
I ordered mine from UPR. The only time I go to Autozone is to buy glass cleaner or get free stuff with my rewards card.
I paid $289 + shipping.
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post

Idk much about the materials so even if i did i would be lost.
I believe AM has a FAQ explaining the difference between the various materials.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post

I ordered mine from UPR. The only time I go to Autozone is to buy glass cleaner or get free stuff with my rewards card.
I paid $289 + shipping.
289 for an oem replacement
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:09 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1996v6stang View Post

289 for an oem replacement
Close, but not exactly. $289 for OEM Terminator cobra parts. It's a big upgrade from the OEM GT part.
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:36 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
1996v6stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: San diego
Region: California
Posts: 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post

Close, but not exactly. $289 for OEM Terminator cobra parts. It's a big upgrade from the OEM GT part.
Sounds like this will be the way i go
1996v6stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:59 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.