Tuner question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-29-2013, 10:57 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Tuner question

Is it worth getting a tuner ?
I currently have
-BBK long tube headers
-flow masters X pipe
-k&n intake
Im sure this don't matter but 3.73 rear gears stage 3 clutch and t56 swap
Thanks !
Rich04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich04 View Post
Is it worth getting a tuner ?
I currently have
-BBK long tube headers
-flow masters X pipe
-k&n intake
Im sure this don't matter but 3.73 rear gears stage 3 clutch and t56 swap
Thanks !
Absolutely
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98vertgt View Post

Absolutely
What will it improve tho? I just don't wana spend 400 and then feel as if its not worth it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2013, 11:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

What will it improve tho? I just don't wana spend 400 and then feel as if its not worth it
If you get the Bama tunes from American muscle which I would recommend, then they will make you a custom tune for your car with all the mods you have included. It will pretty much tie them all together so your car perform the best it can with what it has. I have one and it was probably the best money I ever spent.
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98vertgt View Post

If you get the Bama tunes from American muscle which I would recommend, then they will make you a custom tune for your car with all the mods you have included. It will pretty much tie them all together so your car perform the best it can with what it has. I have one and it was probably the best money I ever spent.
Yea i have heard nothing but good things about them. So what it dose is it ties the mods together and helps my performance ?
Old 03-29-2013, 11:43 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Exactly. It's a really good mod and one of those mods that the more parts you put on the more it helps you. Plus you have the 3.73 gears so unless you had your speedo corrected the tuner comes with n option that you can put in what gears you have and it will correct the speedo for you. Also if you have n o/r x pipe you can shut the rear 02s off so you don't throw an engine light for not having the cats without mil eliminators.
GReese87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReese87 View Post
Exactly. It's a really good mod and one of those mods that the more parts you put on the more it helps you. Plus you have the 3.73 gears so unless you had your speedo corrected the tuner comes with n option that you can put in what gears you have and it will correct the speedo for you. Also if you have n o/r x pipe you can shut the rear 02s off so you don't throw an engine light for not having the cats without mil eliminators.
Is diablo sport just as good as bama ? I see alot of them used in CL im most likely gonna go with bama just wondering
Old 03-29-2013, 11:53 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I can't really say for the stang I went with the act itsx

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I honestly can't say for the stang I went with the sct itsx but I did have the diablo sport in my old srt4 n it really woke it up. Most of the handheld tuners from my understanding are pretty much the same they just have a little more options . Used is a decent idea if they are unmarried from the previous car but with American muscle you get free tunes for life so spending the extra couple of dollars is worth it if you plan on doing more performance parts in the future.
GReese87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:00 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReese87 View Post
I can't really say for the stang I went with the act itsx

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

I honestly can't say for the stang I went with the sct itsx but I did have the diablo sport in my old srt4 n it really woke it up. Most of the handheld tuners from my understanding are pretty much the same they just have a little more options . Used is a decent idea if they are unmarried from the previous car but with American muscle you get free tunes for life so spending the extra couple of dollars is worth it if you plan on doing more performance parts in the future.
Sct sounds like the way to go, Thanks for the help & knowledge guys
Old 03-29-2013, 09:11 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
It's defenitely worth it. Plus, you get free tunes for life from Bama. So, as you add more mods, they can write you new tunes. Can't beat that!
Rejekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
$150 buys tunes for life. $150 to unmarry a tuner. So definitely make sure its unmarried.
jdavis96gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:05 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:

Yea i have heard nothing but good things about them. So what it dose is it ties the mods together and helps my performance ?
I am looking into buying a tuner and the tunes are done by MPM More Power Mike and it says he is sct certified. Has anyone ever heard of that?
Blackedoutpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:40 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Got a Bama SCT tuner for my 04 GT and I highly recommend one. I too was sceptical on them and now am a true believer! I am now grabbing rubber in 1,2,and 3!
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 11:56 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
I got mine from mike at 5star tuning his main business is ford trucks and raptors but he is a mustang guy from way back and he has done many mustangs.....plus most of the time you can call and ask him questions directly or have one of his people that answer phones for him ask. Just another option to look into. He is an sct dealer also
aframe is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT