Exhaust question - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-31-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Exhaust question

May be a bit if a dumb question but we all know and hear those exhaust clicks from it cooling down when we turn our vehicles off after a up to temp drive, my question is that when my car is cold and I drive it until up to temp, I can hear a click that sounds just like when an exhaust is cooling down, can an aftermarket catback click like that when going from cold to hot? SLP LM1
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-31-2013, 09:50 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slp_loudmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
May be a bit if a dumb question but we all know and hear those exhaust clicks from it cooling down when we turn our vehicles off after a up to temp drive, my question is that when my car is cold and I drive it until up to temp, I can hear a click that sounds just like when an exhaust is cooling down, can an aftermarket catback click like that when going from cold to hot? SLP LM1
If its not warmed up all the way yes. My cats did it but I don't have then anymore lol
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:02 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth View Post

If its not warmed up all the way yes. My cats did it but I don't have then anymore lol
That's what I figured, sounds like it comes from my driver side cat, thanks brotha
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-31-2013, 11:16 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slp_loudmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

That's what I figured, sounds like it comes from my driver side cat, thanks brotha
Off road pipe time
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:54 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slp_loudmouth View Post

Off road pipe time
+1..inspection is in September, I figured why not wait till July to get it inspected, than don't have to worry about swapping pipes again and what not , o/r x come July!
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

+1..inspection is in September, I figured why not wait till July to get it inspected, than don't have to worry about swapping pipes again and what not , o/r x come July!
ur gona love the sound bro with that off road x .
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:01 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slp_loudmouth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

+1..inspection is in September, I figured why not wait till July to get it inspected, than don't have to worry about swapping pipes again and what not , o/r x come July!
Mine was do last year lol
Slp_loudmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:15 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
o/r is the next step after slp with stock pipe. I love mine.
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Tags
exhaust

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:35 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.