Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Torn between mods

1K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  Shutt28 
#1 ·
Ok so i'm kind of torn right now... I want tint for the car show and before summer and plan on going 20%, but i've been thinking of waiting until i go to college to see how strict cops in the bay area are with tint. I know cops around my area don't care too much anymore but i should probably see how it is where i go to college since i won't be here for much longer, i live in California where the legal limit for front windows is next to nothing so idk how strict the cops are in the bay area. That being said, should i get my O/R Prochamber after my next paycheck (tomorrow), or should i get tint?

Also keep in mind that my car is going to be under a car cover at home from June 9th to roughly August 14th (roughly 9.5) weeks while i'm away for the summer.

#3 ·
Yea i also thought prochamber because idk how the cops in the bay area are about tint, so i should probably wait and see if they are super strict on it. But pretty much if its not raining then i drive with front windows down so it probably doesn't matter so much. I'll probably get exhaust since its more expensive, get the expensive suff out of the way so then i can persuade myself to get tint if i'm ever tight on funds.

#4 ·
Tinted windows and no front license plate. Two things that only matter to a cop. If they're looking for a reason to pull you over, those just make it easy for them. Been stopped maybe ten times for the license plate violation and only got ticketed for it once. Lol. As for the tint, m y car has it but I haven't driven it enough to gauge if its going to be a problem. I fully expect to get pulled over for it eventually. I vote for exhaust first. Where are you going to school?

#6 ·
Pretty sure he's already got an MGW, but I agree +1 o/r x..only reasoning I still haven't slapped one on yet is I have inspection due in 3 months, not gonna swap to o/r to have to swap to stock mid again before inspection, I can wait another 3 months than don't gotta worry for 2 years.

#9 ·
I would normally say tints, but I think it's probably best to figure out how the cops are first. They don't really care around where I live or where I went to college so it was an easy decision for me. I'd definitely go for the o/r Prochamber then. Those sound fantastic on a 2v motor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.