ABS light on and Traction Control off - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
ABS light on and Traction Control off

I have the basic P-code computer so it doesn't come up on anything for the ABS and such.

Does anyone know what this can be from experience? Or a ballpark idea of what it could be? Your guess is better than mine. It's been this way for months already. I'm moving soon, so don't have the money to take it to a super awesome mechanic.

Thanks guys!
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Same situation with my 03 gt

The abs module is dead and your left with the abs lights and no traction control. You need to replace the module. I havent replaced mine because the traction control is kinda pointless and the abs light doesnt bother. Just becareful in the rain thats all.
chickengeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickengeorge View Post
Same situation with my 03 gt

The abs module is dead and your left with the abs lights and no traction control. You need to replace the module. I havent replaced mine because the traction control is kinda pointless and the abs light doesnt bother. Just becareful in the rain thats all.
Yea be careful in the rain dude. Watch out for Toyotas and trees.
Ckennedy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
That's exactly what was wrong with my Bullitt before i got it, the ABS light was on, and so was the light for Trac Control. It ended up being the ABS module, the dealer was required to fix it before they could sell it so i didn't have to worry about it. They said it ended up costing them around $500 to replace it, but that didn't affect the selling price at all.

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
I have the basic P-code computer so it doesn't come up on anything for the ABS and such.

Does anyone know what this can be from experience? Or a ballpark idea of what it could be? Your guess is better than mine. It's been this way for months already. I'm moving soon, so don't have the money to take it to a super awesome mechanic.

Thanks guys!
Could be anything from a speed sensor wire to bad module , to bad fuse ..
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

Could be anything from a speed sensor wire to bad module , to bad fuse ..
+1 always start at the cheapest easiest avenue the fuse if the fuse popped it will throw the abs light and trac off. If you check the fuse then go from there check wires first always go the cheaper route before you go buying all these parts and then it still doesn't work.
GReese87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReese87 View Post

+1 always start at the cheapest easiest avenue the fuse if the fuse popped it will throw the abs light and trac off. If you check the fuse then go from there check wires first always go the cheaper route before you go buying all these parts and then it still doesn't work.
I checked all the fuses :[ they all checked out.

The ones under the dash and the engine baby. I didn't check them because of the ABS. I checked for something else. But maybe I should just check then again?

I don't know. It looks pretty lame to have my dashboard lighting up like a Christmas tree.

Anyone able to post a PDF of the fuse board? So I can get straight to it? please?
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
I can email you the wiring diagrams from ford but they are gif files.
Koasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koasho View Post
I can email you the wiring diagrams from ford but they are gif files.
I'll PM you my email now! Thank you!
Old 11-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Okay! Zombie thread I know, however I don't like not completing a mission. lol, so I got my ABS and traction control like "off" fixed! It was the ABS module all along. If anyone wants theirs fixed, here's how I did it. I hope this comes up on Google for people that search this. Cause it gave me hell. It cost me $100. You send him your ABS module and he fixes it and sends it back. He was a Bosch engineer and the ABS modules on our mustangs are Bosch.

bosch0004 on eBay

That's his ebay account. He'll send it back, you put it back in and your car is perfect again.

Bosch0004 on ebay.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Okay! Zombie thread I know, however I don't like not completing a mission. lol, so I got my ABS and traction control like "off" fixed! It was the ABS module all along. If anyone wants theirs fixed, here's how I did it. I hope this comes up on Google for people that search this. Cause it gave me hell. It cost me $100. You send him your ABS module and he fixes it and sends it back. He was a Bosch engineer and the ABS modules on our mustangs are Bosch. bosch0004 on eBay That's his ebay account. He'll send it back, you put it back in and your car is perfect again. Bosch0004 on ebay.
I knew it!!!!! That exactly what was wrong with mine, but the dealer had to fix it before they could sell it to me.

HID end all thread
Old 11-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Ugh. I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you could have avoided that had I posted this sooner. -.-
Glad you got it fixed though.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Okay! Zombie thread I know, however I don't like not completing a mission. lol, so I got my ABS and traction control like "off" fixed! It was the ABS module all along. If anyone wants theirs fixed, here's how I did it. I hope this comes up on Google for people that search this. Cause it gave me hell. It cost me $100. You send him your ABS module and he fixes it and sends it back. He was a Bosch engineer and the ABS modules on our mustangs are Bosch.

bosch0004 on eBay

That's his ebay account. He'll send it back, you put it back in and your car is perfect again.

Bosch0004 on ebay.
Thanks man mine went bad now I can get it fixed the ford dealer in my town wanted 1000$ to fix mine I laughed and said no!!!!
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Yes! Good, don't pay them a dime brother. This guy I linked in my previous posts literally gives instructions on how to remove it and everything. What to look for etc. Just contact him first. Buy the repair and send it to him. You will be so happy.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Australia
Awesome info Constantine! Bookmarked this just in case
Old 11-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Quote:
Ugh. I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you could have avoided that had I posted this sooner. -.- Glad you got it fixed though.
Oh no worries, I got the car 9 months ago lol. It was resolved before I even drove it off the lot. I told them the issue and they said they'd fix it. I came back a week later and brought I home, no issues. And I have since used the Trac off button and ABS many many times.

And when I said "I knew it!!!!" I meant, I knew that's what your issue was because I had the same issue.

HID end all thread
Old 11-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Oh good. Even better then. Yeah, that ABS module is no joke. That ebay engineer is 100% badass for what he does.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

« Trade? | T-5 tranny »