ABS light on and Traction Control off - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-12-2013, 05:22 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Constantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 129
ABS light on and Traction Control off

I have the basic P-code computer so it doesn't come up on anything for the ABS and such.

Does anyone know what this can be from experience? Or a ballpark idea of what it could be? Your guess is better than mine. It's been this way for months already. I'm moving soon, so don't have the money to take it to a super awesome mechanic.

Thanks guys!
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-12-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
chickengeorge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 55
Same situation with my 03 gt

The abs module is dead and your left with the abs lights and no traction control. You need to replace the module. I havent replaced mine because the traction control is kinda pointless and the abs light doesnt bother. Just becareful in the rain thats all.
chickengeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ckennedy121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickengeorge View Post
Same situation with my 03 gt

The abs module is dead and your left with the abs lights and no traction control. You need to replace the module. I havent replaced mine because the traction control is kinda pointless and the abs light doesnt bother. Just becareful in the rain thats all.
Yea be careful in the rain dude. Watch out for Toyotas and trees.
Ckennedy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-12-2013, 10:52 PM   #4
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
That's exactly what was wrong with my Bullitt before i got it, the ABS light was on, and so was the light for Trac Control. It ended up being the ABS module, the dealer was required to fix it before they could sell it so i didn't have to worry about it. They said it ended up costing them around $500 to replace it, but that didn't affect the selling price at all.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
I have the basic P-code computer so it doesn't come up on anything for the ABS and such.

Does anyone know what this can be from experience? Or a ballpark idea of what it could be? Your guess is better than mine. It's been this way for months already. I'm moving soon, so don't have the money to take it to a super awesome mechanic.

Thanks guys!
Could be anything from a speed sensor wire to bad module , to bad fuse ..
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 06:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
GReese87's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Blackwood
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

Could be anything from a speed sensor wire to bad module , to bad fuse ..
+1 always start at the cheapest easiest avenue the fuse if the fuse popped it will throw the abs light and trac off. If you check the fuse then go from there check wires first always go the cheaper route before you go buying all these parts and then it still doesn't work.
GReese87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 07:19 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Constantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by GReese87 View Post

+1 always start at the cheapest easiest avenue the fuse if the fuse popped it will throw the abs light and trac off. If you check the fuse then go from there check wires first always go the cheaper route before you go buying all these parts and then it still doesn't work.
I checked all the fuses :[ they all checked out.

The ones under the dash and the engine baby. I didn't check them because of the ABS. I checked for something else. But maybe I should just check then again?

I don't know. It looks pretty lame to have my dashboard lighting up like a Christmas tree.

Anyone able to post a PDF of the fuse board? So I can get straight to it? please?
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Koasho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 39
I can email you the wiring diagrams from ford but they are gif files.
Koasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 09:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Constantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koasho View Post
I can email you the wiring diagrams from ford but they are gif files.
I'll PM you my email now! Thank you!
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:54 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Constantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 129
Okay! Zombie thread I know, however I don't like not completing a mission. lol, so I got my ABS and traction control like "off" fixed! It was the ABS module all along. If anyone wants theirs fixed, here's how I did it. I hope this comes up on Google for people that search this. Cause it gave me hell. It cost me $100. You send him your ABS module and he fixes it and sends it back. He was a Bosch engineer and the ABS modules on our mustangs are Bosch.

bosch0004 on eBay

That's his ebay account. He'll send it back, you put it back in and your car is perfect again.

Bosch0004 on ebay.
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #11
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
Okay! Zombie thread I know, however I don't like not completing a mission. lol, so I got my ABS and traction control like "off" fixed! It was the ABS module all along. If anyone wants theirs fixed, here's how I did it. I hope this comes up on Google for people that search this. Cause it gave me hell. It cost me $100. You send him your ABS module and he fixes it and sends it back. He was a Bosch engineer and the ABS modules on our mustangs are Bosch. bosch0004 on eBay That's his ebay account. He'll send it back, you put it back in and your car is perfect again. Bosch0004 on ebay.
I knew it!!!!! That exactly what was wrong with mine, but the dealer had to fix it before they could sell it to me.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 04:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Constantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 129
Ugh. I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you could have avoided that had I posted this sooner. -.-
Glad you got it fixed though.
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:47 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Screaming Mach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lebanon
Region: Missouri
Posts: 857
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
Okay! Zombie thread I know, however I don't like not completing a mission. lol, so I got my ABS and traction control like "off" fixed! It was the ABS module all along. If anyone wants theirs fixed, here's how I did it. I hope this comes up on Google for people that search this. Cause it gave me hell. It cost me $100. You send him your ABS module and he fixes it and sends it back. He was a Bosch engineer and the ABS modules on our mustangs are Bosch.

bosch0004 on eBay

That's his ebay account. He'll send it back, you put it back in and your car is perfect again.

Bosch0004 on ebay.
Thanks man mine went bad now I can get it fixed the ford dealer in my town wanted 1000$ to fix mine I laughed and said no!!!!
Screaming Mach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 07:54 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
Constantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 129
Yes! Good, don't pay them a dime brother. This guy I linked in my previous posts literally gives instructions on how to remove it and everything. What to look for etc. Just contact him first. Buy the repair and send it to him. You will be so happy.
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:19 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
H.Doofenshmirtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Queensland
Region: Australia
Posts: 267
Awesome info Constantine! Bookmarked this just in case
__________________
No work and no pony makes Doof a dull boy...
H.Doofenshmirtz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:45 PM   #16
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Quote:
Originally Posted by Constantine View Post
Ugh. I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you could have avoided that had I posted this sooner. -.- Glad you got it fixed though.
Oh no worries, I got the car 9 months ago lol. It was resolved before I even drove it off the lot. I told them the issue and they said they'd fix it. I came back a week later and brought I home, no issues. And I have since used the Trac off button and ABS many many times.

And when I said "I knew it!!!!" I meant, I knew that's what your issue was because I had the same issue.
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:43 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Constantine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 129
Oh good. Even better then. Yeah, that ABS module is no joke. That ebay engineer is 100% badass for what he does.
Constantine is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

« Trade? | T-5 tranny »
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



03:00 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.