Need help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2013, 03:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Need help

So I've been hearing noises with my rear end still.. When I accelerate it makes a low whine in the rear.. And also when I brake and then push the gas again it makes a creaking noise in the rear.. I changed the rear diff fluid and added the friction modifier.. I had jiffy lube do it.. Changing the fluid didnt make the noise go away like I thought it would.. Anyone have had this happen to them before? It's a 99 gt auto btw
GP3GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 03:24 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

So it's coming from the rear end? Or maybe a wheel? I had something similar and it turned out to be my wheel bearing
Old 04-16-2013, 03:27 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomouz831 View Post
So it's coming from the rear end? Or maybe a wheel? I had something similar and it turned out to be my wheel bearing
Yeah the whine and creaking are both coming from the rear end.. On acceleration it whines, and it also creaks when I'm braking.. It's been going on for a while but I wana take care of it because I hate when I feel something is wrong with my car lol..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 03:34 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3GT View Post
So I've been hearing noises with my rear end still.. When I accelerate it makes a low whine in the rear.. And also when I brake and then push the gas again it makes a creaking noise in the rear.. I changed the rear diff fluid and added the friction modifier.. I had jiffy lube do it.. Changing the fluid didnt make the noise go away like I thought it would.. Anyone have had this happen to them before? It's a 99 gt auto btw
Both are normal. i have creaking noises in my rear end and I hear it better when I hit my car and the started after my install of axles and differential. The whining is your gears, the depth of the pinion and final gear that they have connecting each other sometimes create a whining noise worse than other cars or maybe become worse due to more friction with each other making them dig into each other a little or rub onto each other more than normal. Not really a bad thing. Just normal wear and tear usually it goes away or you just get used to it. The creaking that your experiencing isn't bad either I suspect it's either a creaking control arm or something with your rear abs. I know what your talking about and I have the same thing that happens to me for over 20,000 miles and nothing has happened to my rear end.
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:01 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_Mister View Post

Both are normal. i have creaking noises in my rear end and I hear it better when I hit my car and the started after my install of axles and differential. The whining is your gears, the depth of the pinion and final gear that they have connecting each other sometimes create a whining noise worse than other cars or maybe become worse due to more friction with each other making them dig into each other a little or rub onto each other more than normal. Not really a bad thing. Just normal wear and tear usually it goes away or you just get used to it. The creaking that your experiencing isn't bad either I suspect it's either a creaking control arm or something with your rear abs. I know what your talking about and I have the same thing that happens to me for over 20,000 miles and nothing has happened to my rear end.
A co worker of mine said the whine could be from me having an aftermarket stereo and having a bad ground.. It whines as I accelerate and stops when I let off.. He said it sounds like its coming back form the rear but it's actually from the speakers in the back.. Idk if that's true or not.. But as for the creaking, it could be a lca? Is that why my take offs might be forever to get up?
Old 04-16-2013, 02:06 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by GP3GT View Post

A co worker of mine said the whine could be from me having an aftermarket stereo and having a bad ground.. It whines as I accelerate and stops when I let off.. He said it sounds like its coming back form the rear but it's actually from the speakers in the back.. Idk if that's true or not.. But as for the creaking, it could be a lca? Is that why my take offs might be forever to get up?
I've had a whine noise come from my speakers to before it was more of a different pitch of noise than from my rear end. If it sound more like a hum than a whine probably a bad ground. And no I just know that control arms mostly aftermarket control arms creak badly.
12.1 @ 117.9 (1.7) in 1/4th
7.6 @ 92.1 (1.6) in 1/8th
Speed_Mister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

I actually had that problem about the stereo whine and it was my speakers. I never got to fix it but as I would accelerate the noise would start and get a little louder.
Old 04-16-2013, 02:56 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Ok thanks guys I feel alittle better now that's it not anything major.. I'll probably still get it checked out soon just in case.
Old 04-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Could be a sticking caliper. Itll make a whining noise
Cdbformula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 08:25 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Had the same sound in my 2000 gt it was the carrier bearing going out
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT