Bogging down? Any info? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #1
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Bogging down? Any info?

When I'm starting off from a stoplight.. Or from a dead stop.. My car seams to want to bog down.. I'm not 100% confident in my clutch its a zoom clutch, fairly aggressive.(not my favorite). I've drove a lot of 5 speeds so I'm confident in my driving.. Does anyone else have a problem like this..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
I had a similar problem I have been driving 5 speeds since I started driving 8 years ago and have driven all kinds of performance clutches and when I bought my 02 it had a performance clutch not sure of the brand but it was the same way it took me a couple of weeks to really get use to it it just wanted to grab right away and is really stiff sux in traffic lol but it also seems to grab way better if I'm a little aggressive with it most performance clutches are meant to be driven aggressive and if u try to feather it the car will want to bog n stall.
GReese87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 07:08 PM   #3
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReese87 View Post
I had a similar problem I have been driving 5 speeds since I started driving 8 years ago and have driven all kinds of performance clutches and when I bought my 02 it had a performance clutch not sure of the brand but it was the same way it took me a couple of weeks to really get use to it it just wanted to grab right away and is really stiff sux in traffic lol but it also seems to grab way better if I'm a little aggressive with it most performance clutches are meant to be driven aggressive and if u try to feather it the car will want to bog n stall.
It kinda sucks because I've had it for about a month and I'm still not used to it..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
slow281
Regular
Supporter

I was wondering if I got more low end tourq and maybe a lighter driveshaft and lighten up the carit would help..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 04-16-2013, 08:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post
I was wondering if I got more low end tourq and maybe a lighter driveshaft and lighten up the carit would help..
Honestly that will just make it worse lol because it is gonna just wanna go even more but would be amazing when u step on it. Gears are deff my next mod I want more get up and go.
GReese87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 08:35 PM   #6
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GReese87 View Post

Honestly that will just make it worse lol because it is gonna just wanna go even more but would be amazing when u step on it. Gears are deff my next mod I want more get up and go.
I'm doing tune then gears and driveshaft.
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT