Fuel Starvation - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #1

Region: Michigan
Fuel Starvation

Hi All - i am new to this site and have a question i hope someone can answer.
I have a 2004 GT Mustang that has been stroked, vortech supercharger @ 12 lbs boost. I had it dynoed last week and it leaned out at 5000 rpm and 405 rwhp. The dyno guy told me i needed a new tank and double pumpers to handle the fuel starvation. I have since spoken to Vortech who told me the fule pump they supplied at 255 LPH is good for 500 crank HP but the 39 lb injectors were almost at their limits at a 80-90 duty cycle when i had the stock 4.6 and 8 lbs of boost. My question is 2 fold - does the injector theory make sense and if i change should i go with 42,44, or 60 lb injectors. I am anticipating that at best i will get to 450 rwhp with current set up and final tune.
Thanks
Kiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 08:45 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Hi All - i am new to this site and have a question i hope someone can answer.
I have a 2004 GT Mustang that has been stroked, vortech supercharger @ 12 lbs boost. I had it dynoed last week and it leaned out at 5000 rpm and 405 rwhp. The dyno guy told me i needed a new tank and double pumpers to handle the fuel starvation. I have since spoken to Vortech who told me the fule pump they supplied at 255 LPH is good for 500 crank HP but the 39 lb injectors were almost at their limits at a 80-90 duty cycle when i had the stock 4.6 and 8 lbs of boost. My question is 2 fold - does the injector theory make sense and if i change should i go with 42,44, or 60 lb injectors. I am anticipating that at best i will get to 450 rwhp with current set up and final tune.
Thanks
well, the dyno guy is probably on point with it. i would asssume vortech supplied a 255 and 39# to be able to run 8 psi, however if you are running 12 psi of boost, you probably are starving the motor quite easily. i would run 42-44 # not too sure about 60# if thats too much fuel dumping, i know lightning injectors would do you well for your setup, and you may push out 435 to 450 whp. im once again assuming since you are running 4 psi more than what the vortech setup originally came out with you probably are pegging them.
1996mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 09:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
My 04 was putting 449rwhp making 12-13 lbs of boost stock block, stock heads. i used 60lb Siemens deka injectors, Ford GT supercar pump with a Kenne Bell boost a pump. This set up is safe for no more than 500rwhp. My new set has Cobra Tank, Fore precision fuel hat, twin GT pumps dual FPDM with upgraded wiring, Edelbrock, fuel rails, 8an feed to the rails still using the 60lbs injectors this set is good the 750rwhp.
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT