LH Rail guard.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
LH Rail guard..

I need to know what fasteners or clips i need to secure the rail guard above the window on the passenger side..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-378344959.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	178.1 KB
ID:	105435  
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Foxone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Region: Arizona
Posts: 301
Those are held on by some 10MM bolts that are underneath the weatherstripping, when they replace your windshield, they have to take all that off.
Foxone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxone View Post
Those are held on by some 10MM bolts that are underneath the weatherstripping, when they replace your windshield, they have to take all that off.
Yeah just found it out at the body shop before work.. They put 200mph tape on and will fix it tmrw, and buff the car too
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-02-2013, 06:59 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Uhh taken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Barhamsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 86
I'm guessing yours is rattling because I know mine sounds terrible on the freeway, anyone know by chance what threads it uses so I can pick one up or what's it's called to grab one at advanced or autozone.
Uhh taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhh taken View Post
I'm guessing yours is rattling because I know mine sounds terrible on the freeway, anyone know by chance what threads it uses so I can pick one up or what's it's called to grab one at advanced or autozone.
Let a body shop do it for like 50$, mine actually was barely hanging on.. But so much has to come off id let a pro do it
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:22 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Uhh taken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Barhamsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 86
A shop is why it got lost... But that's a different story, but just wondering what the bolt is called for its specs.
Uhh taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:45 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhh taken View Post
A shop is why it got lost... But that's a different story, but just wondering what the bolt is called for its specs.
Im honestly not sure, advance said they would want me to bring it up there and try on diff bolts, so i took my body shop and they said theyd fix it.. So other than knowing, i think its a 10mm i would know thread counts or size
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Uhh taken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Barhamsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99mustang99 View Post
Im honestly not sure, advance said they would want me to bring it up there and try on diff bolts, so i took my body shop and they said theyd fix it.. So other than knowing, i think its a 10mm i would know thread counts or size
alright and it cost them 50 bucks to put in a bolt? sorry but thats too high and id rather just do it my self.
Uhh taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 01:42 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhh taken View Post

alright and it cost them 50 bucks to put in a bolt? sorry but thats too high and id rather just do it my self.
Mine was 70 for 8 bolts so thats not bad at all
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 05:53 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Uhh taken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Barhamsville
Region: Virginia
Posts: 86
Eh not to terrible
Uhh taken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
99mustang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Piedmont
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 651
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uhh taken View Post
Eh not to terrible
Good luck with yours tho! If you do it your self be careful, but youll make the right choice man
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:31 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.