Fixed my SN95 "shifter reach" - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-02-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Fixed my SN95 "shifter reach"

If you're like me, you HATE having to cram yourself up with knees very close to the dash to somewhat comfortably reach the shifter handle. I still had to lean to get 1st, 3rd and kind of knock it into 5th with my fingertips.

I looked at trying to find a used Steeda comfort shift, the Agent 47 handle (both discontinued) and stumbled upon the UPR Rock Crusher billet shifter handle. This is attached to my tri-ax, puts the shifter knob SO much more comfortably close its unbelievable.

The first time I adjusted the seat and shifted it around after the install it was just like a huge sigh of relief/satisfaction. I can sit back and relax and hit all my shifts just fine now with my elbow on the armrest!

That is the shifter in neutral, my knee is a good 3-4" from the dash, I can use the clutch with my left leg much easier now too and my elbow in this pic is resting firmly on the console armrest. Love it.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Nice. I actually like mine being a far reach I usually lean up when driving as far as shifting. But lean back while driving Lon distances. Just feels better.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #3
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
I guess I actually like sitting with my knees close to the steering wheel, lets my feet be in comfortable position of the pedals and don't even have to budge my shoulders to reach 5th.... I'm 5'10" btw

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2013, 09:44 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

I have long arms. And legs. 6'4 and I can't get too close to the steering wheel I have problem sometimes get my knees under it lol.

Old 05-02-2013, 10:30 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
I have long arms. And legs. 6'4 and I can't get too close to the steering wheel I have problem sometimes get my knees under it lol.
I know your pain. I'm 6'3" with freakishly long legs. My left knee bangs the bottom of the steering column when I move from the dead pedal onto the brake.
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:57 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post

I know your pain. I'm 6'3" with freakishly long legs. My left knee bangs the bottom of the steering column when I move from the dead pedal onto the brake.
I hate getting in small vehicles. I outta stretch my legs out to get under the steering wheels and when Ido that the seat isn't bs k fat enough to stretch. Lol.

Old 05-03-2013, 08:35 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post

I hate getting in small vehicles. I outta stretch my legs out to get under the steering wheels and when Ido that the seat isn't bs k fat enough to stretch. Lol.
My fiancée always makes fun of me for doing that! My seat is all the way back and I still have to slide in one leg at a time. Getting out is a chore too, I've ripped my floormat holder out of the carpet 3 times because I have to stick one leg out and do this awkward side-push-jump to get out.
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 09:40 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post

My fiancée always makes fun of me for doing that! My seat is all the way back and I still have to slide in one leg at a time. Getting out is a chore too, I've ripped my floormat holder out of the carpet 3 times because I have to stick one leg out and do this awkward side-push-jump to get out.
Especially in smaller parking spaces where you hope no one is watching you wiggle out like a worm
Ckennedy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #9
Staff
Regular
Staff

Haha, victory for us non tall ppl!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Screw you! Just playing lol

Old 05-04-2013, 08:00 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

It's ok, in 50 years we'll all be able to upload our minds into the internet and then the playing field will finally be leveled.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT