I'm having an issue with my 2002 Mustang
Ok, here's the symptoms I'm having.
- When I take my foot off the gas and then get back on it, there is a loud clunk or a shudder. Almost feels like somebody is hitting my car. Also happens when the car shifts into a high gear. Doesn't always do it in either situation but sometimes.
- Seems to engage a bit hard when I go from P to R or D.
Here's what I've done so far -
- Jacked it up with both rear wheels off the ground and checked
for play at the u joints. I can't see any but I know there may be a slight bit that I'm not seeing.
- Checked trans fluid and level is good and it's clean.
- I don't see anything or feel anything loose.
Mileage is 106k and the U joints have never been replaced. I'm going to replace them just in case but would like to know if anyone has any ideas or can verify this is the issue. Thanks in advance.