Tuners - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-09-2013, 04:16 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Tuners

So im thinking about getting gears and know ill need to recalibrate the speedo. Im new to tuning and everything so i have a few questions. Im wanting to do a few mods before i go s/c. When using bama i understand you get unlimited tunes. So does that mean i get good custom tunes for all my mods? And also will the tuner work to tune my s/c im getting or will it be useless and still need a custom dyno tune?
I appreciate it. Im new to tuning.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 05:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Good morning btw, but idk about the s/c part but I'm pretty sure for life means for life "no sarcasm there". AM is such an unbelievable company they will send you an updated tune for every new mod you add to your car... But I would ask about the s/c
Black8thElement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:09 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
with a sc im not sure I would trust any canned tune no matter who it came from. Your best bet is to get custom tunes done for that.
610swolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2013, 10:49 AM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
So im thinking about getting gears and know ill need to recalibrate the speedo. Im new to tuning and everything so i have a few questions. Im wanting to do a few mods before i go s/c. When using bama i understand you get unlimited tunes. So does that mean i get good custom tunes for all my mods? And also will the tuner work to tune my s/c im getting or will it be useless and still need a custom dyno tune?
I appreciate it. Im new to tuning.
MidnightBlueGT,

Good questions! Let me clear a few things up for you..

First, our Bama custom tunes will be able to recalibrate your speedo for the new gears. The Free Tunes for Life program allows you to get new custom Bama tunes for any future bolt-on modifications you add in the future. This includes, CAI's, Intake manifolds, LT headers, catless mid-pipes, and even up to a 100shot of dry nitrous!

That being said, we do not offer tunes for superchargers or turbochargers with 99-04 Mustangs (except the 03-04 Cobra). There's just too many inconsistencies with the New Edge styled Mustangs, mostly because of their age. Your best bet is to have the car tuned on a Dyno once the supercharger is installed.

Hope this clears up your questions! Give me a shout if you have anymore.

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post

MidnightBlueGT,

First, our Bama custom tunes will be able to recalibrate your speedo for the new gears. The Free Tunes for Life program allows you to get new custom Bama tunes for any future bolt-on modifications you add in the future. This includes, CAI's, Intake manifolds, LT headers, catless mid-pipes, and even up to a 100shot of dry nitrous!

That being said, we do not offer tunes for superchargers or turbochargers with 99-04 Mustangs (except the 03-04 Cobra). There's just too many inconsistencies with the New Edge styled Mustangs, mostly because of their age. Your best bet is to have the car tuned on a Dyno once the supercharger is installed.

Shane
Thanks for the help.
So once i custom dyno tune for the s/c, if i want to add anymore mods will i be able to use the tuner still for those or or will it throw off the tune i have and have to custom tune from then on?
Thanks again
Old 05-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

MidnightBlueGT,

Shane
+1
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

You will definitely want a dyno tune when you go FI. A lot of tuners use the SCT to load tunes, so you will always be able to use it in the future.
Rejekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 04:42 PM   #8
Site Sponsor
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Thanks for the help.
So once i custom dyno tune for the s/c, if i want to add anymore mods will i be able to use the tuner still for those or or will it throw off the tune i have and have to custom tune from then on?
Thanks again
Once you get a dyno tune for the supercharger, you will need future adjustments made on the dyno or street again. However, the dyno tuner will be able to use the SCT hand held tuner to store his/her tunes on. So, the SCT is still very useful even if getting a dyno tune!

Shane
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:35 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Once you get a dyno tune for the supercharger, you will need future adjustments made on the dyno or street again. However, the dyno tuner will be able to use the SCT hand held tuner to store his/her tunes on. So, the SCT is still very useful even if getting a dyno tune!

Shane
Thanks a lot. ill be getting a handheld then

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT