Problem with spoiler delete - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2013, 05:34 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Problem with spoiler delete

I have an 01 bullitt that had a spoiler on it when I got it. I decided I wanted to remove it to get the bullitt look back. I was going to remove it and put nylon plugs in the holes until I could afford to get it professionally fixed. When I removed the spoiler the guy who drilled the holes in the lid messes up and drilled oval holes. So I'm having trouble getting the plugs to fill the holes correctly. Any ideas what I could do
Balltaatic01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltaatic01 View Post
I have an 01 bullitt that had a spoiler on it when I got it. I decided I wanted to remove it to get the bullitt look back. I was going to remove it and put nylon plugs in the holes until I could afford to get it professionally fixed. When I removed the spoiler the guy who drilled the holes in the lid messes up and drilled oval holes. So I'm having trouble getting the plugs to fill the holes correctly. Any ideas what I could do
Just tape the bottom of the hole and fill the crap out of it with silicone lol then touch up paint over maybe? Just an idea cheap and easy.
Warbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 05:51 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Yea tape maybe
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2013, 04:38 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balltaatic01 View Post
ill tell you what i did, mine had oval hole as well on only one part, so i used gorilla glue tape and taped both on top and under the trunk, with some silicon in between the tapes to fill in the hole then i cut it out to sorta match it up, many ways to do it, i used the nylon for the other 2 holes but i had to improve to make it work , either way i spray painted it black and good to go since car is black lol.
1996mustang is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT