Front only lowering springs - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-10-2013, 07:03 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Front only lowering springs

I have the Eibach pro-kit on 04 and I still wish it was lower. I bought the car with them already on there. I guess I should keep the Eibach brand even though no one would know otherwise. Can I buy just the fronts on the Eibach sportlines to make my drop around 1.75"? Anybody know where I can get the front only?
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-10-2013, 07:40 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
98vertgt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Region: Florida
Posts: 490
Summit racing usually will part out their springs. Give them a call
98vertgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:54 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98vertgt View Post
Summit racing usually will part out their springs. Give them a call
For sure. I want that lowered front end look!
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-11-2013, 12:24 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04 View Post

For sure. I want that lowered front end look!
You can always remove iso's and instal x2 ball joints if u haven't already....that will lower an additional inch or so
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post

You can always remove iso's and instal x2 ball joints if u haven't already....that will lower an additional inch or so
How you know if you have iso's and how much are ball joints? And what about install?
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04 View Post

How you know if you have iso's and how much are ball joints? And what about install?
Post pic of your current height...

You may actually be able to see them if you lift the car and remove the wheel. They are black rubber pieces in each end of the spring. X2's are about 170 bucks and can be installed by you with renting a tool to do it. If you are not familiar with replacing ball joints and do not like to experiment with working on cars take it somewhere they may charge 150-200 in labor
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post

Post pic of your current height...

You may actually be able to see them if you lift the car and remove the wheel. They are black rubber pieces in each end of the spring. X2's are about 170 bucks and can be installed by you with renting a tool to do it. If you are not familiar with replacing ball joints and do not like to experiment with working on cars take it somewhere they may charge 150-200 in labor
Current height with Eibach Pro-Kit
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1784853173.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	544.1 KB
ID:	107399  
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 704
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04 View Post

Current height with Eibach Pro-Kit
That almost looks stock height. Geez.
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:12 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post

That almost looks stock height. Geez.
I know! That's what I'm saying. Idk what's the point of Eibach Pro-Kit lol. I bought it like that otherwise I would've got H&R Super Sport or Eibach Sportlines! That's why I'm thinking about getting Eibach sportlines in the front to lower it maybe another half inch in the front.
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:10 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04 View Post

I know! That's what I'm saying. Idk what's the point of Eibach Pro-Kit lol. I bought it like that otherwise I would've got H&R Super Sport or Eibach Sportlines! That's why I'm thinking about getting Eibach sportlines in the front to lower it maybe another half inch in the front.
Just pull them out and take the iso's out and put the x2 ballpoints in that will lower it at least another inch
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post

Just pull them out and take the iso's out and put the x2 ballpoints in that will lower it at least another inch
Yeah I don't know how to do all that :p
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:41 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangerBanger04 View Post

Yeah I don't know how to do all that :p
It's not hard. You need a jack, jack stands and various wrenches. Only tool you will need to rent is the press for the ball joints. There is a video on you tube on how to do it.
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:17 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post

It's not hard. You need a jack, jack stands and various wrenches. Only tool you will need to rent is the press for the ball joints. There is a video on you tube on how to do it.
I'll definitely have to check it out cause I wanna be lower!
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 04:41 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
StangerBanger04's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Region: Missouri
Posts: 560
Is it alright to get sportline springs on the front and keep my pro-kit springs on that back that came on the car when I bought it? I wouldn't see why it wouldn't work.
StangerBanger04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:27 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.