I want my exhuast to be different and loud. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-14-2013, 05:09 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I want my exhuast to be different and loud.

Right now I have an o/r h pipe with a magnaflows welded in. In my opinion the tone is good but the volume is too quiet. I get jealous when other loud stangs drive past me. I want to go louder but I don't want to sound the same as every other mustang around. What are you're opinions on some loud not so common exhausts? Has anyone tried the Dynomax Race Bullets? Right now I'm leaning towards those mufflers
ccabral14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 05:56 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccabral14 View Post
Right now I have an o/r h pipe with a magnaflows welded in. In my opinion the tone is good but the volume is too quiet. I get jealous when other loud stangs drive past me. I want to go louder but I don't want to sound the same as every other mustang around. What are you're opinions on some loud not so common exhausts? Has anyone tried the Dynomax Race Bullets? Right now I'm leaning towards those mufflers
You want to be like all the others but not sound like them...? Every straight through muffler basically sounds the same so you will sound like them if you go that way.
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: West Virgina
Get LT headers and Flowmaster 10s. Loud as hell!
shsfresh87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccabral14 View Post
Slp loudmouth 1 and Off road X Pipe
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
I figured that different brand straight through mufflers might have different tones. So would the dynomax sound the same as loudmouths? If so im just going to get the dynomaxs since they're $40 per muffler.
ccabral14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 06:23 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

"...but I don't want to sound the same as every other mustang."
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post

"...but I don't want to sound the same as every other mustang."
That's why I was like unmmm every loud mustang basically sounds the same lol flowmaster 10 sounds like a Harley
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Old 05-14-2013, 07:39 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
If you want something different you could get cherry bombs I don't know a lot of people with cherry bombs
Vmcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

I second that...that's what I have on my car and I'd have to say there's not another one like that around where I live and I see mustangs everyday driving around my town

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=plpp&v=mm3GY5pIXGA

Slp loudmouth 1 catback with bbk o/r x
Blackedoutpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003 View Post

That's why I was like unmmm every loud mustang basically sounds the same lol flowmaster 10 sounds like a Harley
+1 for sure.
The 10s are awful.
It's hard to get a different sound because the two main sounds are throaty and Flowmastery or loud and raspy like SLPs. It's expensive to get a unique sound.
You have to do something like LTs, a prochamber, and Stingers/XR-1s/Bassanis/Magnapacks.
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 10:00 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
I've said it before and I'll say it again.... straight pipe....ftw.... I don't think I'll ever run mufflers again I love it
fomoco4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Bbk longtube, o/r x, dumped exhaust. Super raspy and EXTREMELY loud....I wake the neighborhood up when I get home.
shawn.velez36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:47 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Loud does not equal better. I have pulled multiple car lengths on many cars that were louder than mine... The Magnaflow is one of the best mufflers there is for our cars, not sure why you want to get rid of them for a set of dronemasters or whatever.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:56 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

I run SLP LM1 + UPR o/r x pipe, I'm the loudest stang in probably a 100 mile radius, no1 runs them around here in fear of police and inspection, so in my case it does NOT sound like every other stang..there is a Camaro around here that sounds very similar to me tho, but I can never find him arghhh lol
Old 05-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #15
Staff
Regular
Staff

In NJ I have found cops to be really hit or miss. I ran an O/R pipe for YEARS in this state with longtubes and Dynomax Ultraflows and never had a single issue. Just gotta know when not to be an idiot like in a neighborhood and if you see a cop push the clutch in right away. Current car has a catted pipe and is still plenty loud for me. After my buddy got pulled over for an O/R pipe and nearly had the book thrown at him I don't want to deal with that and a good set of cats will suck up like 1whp if that...

I might have asked at one point in another thread but what part of NJ are you from?

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 05-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
In NJ I have found cops to be really hit or miss. I ran an O/R pipe for YEARS in this state with longtubes and Dynomax Ultraflows and never had a single issue. Just gotta know when not to be an idiot like in a neighborhood and if you see a cop push the clutch in right away. Current car has a catted pipe and is still plenty loud for me. After my buddy got pulled over for an O/R pipe and nearly had the book thrown at him I don't want to deal with that and a good set of cats will suck up like 1whp if that...

I might have asked at one point in another thread but what part of NJ are you from?
I'm from Monmouth County, I live right in Belmar ... So far so good with cops I do exactly like you say, don't be stupid, don't be an idiot at night in neighborhoods, clutch in EVERYTIME I see a cop hahaha, what happened with your buddy that got stopped for o/r pipe, if you don't mind me asking?
Old 05-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

Cop pulled him over because he thought the car was too loud, looked under, didn't see cats and my buddy is lucky he got to drive the car back home.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:16 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Cop pulled him over because he thought the car was too loud, looked under, didn't see cats and my buddy is lucky he got to drive the car back home.
Damnn, makes me wanna fabricate something up to make it look like I have cats...hmmm, any ideas?
Old 05-23-2013, 08:37 PM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

Yeah get some heat shields and tack them to your O/R pipe. Or install a set of blown out cats. Or just run cats like I do, my car sounds great and they're high flows so I'm losing little to no power. Also no annoying midpipe shuffle every time I get it inspected although with an OBDII car in this state if you aren't throwing any codes which MIL eliminators should take care of and it LOOKS like you have cats you'd probably go right through the inspection lanes. No sniffer is one reason I got out of pushrods in this state although with the 87/88 cars hitting classic status I might be getting back in soon...

Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post
I run SLP LM1 + UPR o/r x pipe, I'm the loudest stang in probably a 100 mile radius, no1 runs them around here in fear of police and inspection, so in my case it does NOT sound like every other stang..there is a Camaro around here that sounds very similar to me tho, but I can never find him arghhh lol
I'm right there with you I have slp lm1 and bbk o/r x...no one around me has a setup as loud as I do and I love it
Blackedoutpony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:35 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

Damnn, makes me wanna fabricate something up to make it look like I have cats...hmmm, any ideas?
They make fake cats and it is just a straight through pipe with a cat on the outside. Cost 40 bucks for one
http://www.jnztuning.com/product_inf...oducts_id=2754

You can find them cheaper
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Old 05-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #22
Staff
Regular
Staff

Except you don't want a 2.25" pipe, you want the 2.5" one. Well all depending on what you are running but most ppl are running 2.5" stuff.

Old 05-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Except you don't want a 2.25" pipe, you want the 2.5" one. Well all depending on what you are running but most ppl are running 2.5" stuff.
Yeah I wasn't posting the size just showing there is a such thing. Your right it is 2.5 for most people
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT