Favorite mods? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-16-2013, 08:52 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang2004Gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 30
Favorite mods?

What are your favorite appearance and power mods for the money? Mine would be blacked out tail lights for appearance and probably a custom tune for the power.
Mustang2004Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-16-2013, 08:57 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Horseplay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: San Antonio, TX
Region: Texas
Posts: 4,265
lowering springs is a must !! and full exhast cuz a quiet v8 mustang is just wrong
__________________

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:58 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
IRS swap and Cobra front brakes for sure, it's nice being able to hang with my AWD buddies in the corners
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-16-2013, 09:00 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang2004Gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 30
Yeah the stock mustang exhaust is just embarrassing lol
Mustang2004Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:01 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
94BlackMamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kirkland
Region: Washington
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post
IRS swap and Cobra front brakes for sure, it's nice being able to hang with my AWD buddies in the corners
Mind me asking how much your IRS swap cost and how difficult it was?
94BlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:23 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94BlackMamba View Post

Mind me asking how much your IRS swap cost and how difficult it was?
It was actually a straight trade other than I gave the other guy $300 because he had aftermarket exhaust and mine was stock still. The swap itself wasn't too bad other than being time consuming since it was our first time doing a swap like that. The only issues I ran into was dealing with old and rusty bolts, and I had to lower the front of the IRS to get the driveshaft to clear the pinion nut on the IRS. I swapped with a guy with an 03 Cobra so that's why I ran into that issue with the driveshaft fitment. If it had been a 99 or an 01 Cobra then I wouldn't have any issues since they both use the same u-joint flange as a GT.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:24 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mustang2004Gt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Tampa
Region: Florida
Posts: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post

It was actually a straight trade other than I gave the other guy $300 because he had aftermarket exhaust and mine was stock still. The swap itself wasn't too bad other than being time consuming since it was our first time doing a swap like that. The only issues I ran into was dealing with old and rusty bolts, and I had to lower the front of the IRS to get the driveshaft to clear the pinion nut on the IRS. I swapped with a guy with an 03 Cobra so that's why I ran into that issue with the driveshaft fitment. If it had been a 99 or an 01 Cobra then I wouldn't have any issues since the both nude the same u-joint flange as a GT.
Sorry if I sound stupid but what does IRS stand for?
Mustang2004Gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:27 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2004Gt View Post

Sorry if I sound stupid but what does IRS stand for?
Independent rear suspension
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:33 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
94BlackMamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kirkland
Region: Washington
Posts: 77
Hmm. I'm wanting to do this on my 94 Cobra, I wonder if the exhuast would bolt up or not.

So I'm a noob and will have to have somone explain this to me, if I'm doing a 31 spline axle swap, will that work if I want to get an IRS from a 99-04 Cobra? Or are the 28 and 31 spline axles ONLY for Solid rear axle cars?

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

And I apologize for hijacking the thread ><
94BlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94BlackMamba View Post
Hmm. I'm wanting to do this on my 94 Cobra, I wonder if the exhuast would bolt up or not.

So I'm a noob and will have to have somone explain this to me, if I'm doing a 31 spline axle swap, will that work if I want to get an IRS from a 99-04 Cobra? Or are the 28 and 31 spline axles ONLY for Solid rear axle cars?

---------- Post added at 07:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 AM ----------

And I apologize for hijacking the thread ><
I honestly have no clue about how the exhaust would bolt up. The 03-04 Cobra have factory 31 spline axles if I remember correctly but I don't know about the 99 and 01 Cobras. The axles are very different between an IRS and a SRA though.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:51 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
94BlackMamba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kirkland
Region: Washington
Posts: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDF View Post

I honestly have no clue about how the exhaust would bolt up. The 03-04 Cobra have factory 31 spline axles if I remember correctly but I don't know about the 99 and 01 Cobras. The axles are very different between an IRS and a SRA though.
Damn. Looks like I'm gonna put that off for a while then. Thanks for the info!
94BlackMamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mile high JDF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Thronton
Region: Colorado
Posts: 5,989
Quote:
Originally Posted by 94BlackMamba View Post

Damn. Looks like I'm gonna put that off for a while then. Thanks for the info!
Yeah no problem. It always helps to research a swap like that before you dive head first into it. I know the swap has been done on SN-95s and even foxes so it shouldn't be too bad if other people have done it.
__________________
Sold - Black 2000 Mustang GT, gone but definitely not forgotten
- Silver 2007 Corvette
Current - DHG 2001 Bullitt
Mile high JDF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:16 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
bullitt1075's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Capitola
Region: California
Posts: 1,634
Send a message via Skype™ to bullitt1075
Favorite mods:

Appearance: staggered 18" Bullitt replica wheels
Performance/handling: H&R race springs & MGW short throw shifter.
__________________
Proud owner of Bullitt #1075
bullitt1075 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:28 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Favorites

Appearance, rear decklid blackout, rims, and smoked taillights a must IMO

Performance, full exhaust, CAI, and Tune
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
Probably my MGW shifter so far for performance, and my Mach 1 chin and grille delete for looks
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 704
Best mod is #1 (performance)
#1 4.10s
#2 MGW
#3 H&R SS springs
#4 315s out back
Best is #1 (visual)
#1 carbon fiber cowl hood
#2 chrome cobras
#3 repairing the front bumper and wing
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:31 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post
Best mod is #1 (performance)
#1 4.10s
#2 MGW
#3 H&R SS springs
#4 315s out back
Best is #1 (visual)
#1 carbon fiber cowl hood
#2 chrome cobras
#3 repairing the front bumper and wing
X10000
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:40 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
redfire2003's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Fairbury
Region: Illinois
Posts: 38
Mine would be my AM 2010 black GT500 wheels and my Kenne Bell 2.1 intercooled.
redfire2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:07 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
9tee7pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Radford
Region: Virginia
Posts: 673
A set of chrome 2000 Cobra R rims, believe it or not my 3rd brake light that says "mustang" gets a lot of attention, and sequential tail light.
CAI and exhaust work to fit your fancy are a must, then a tuner because that is an excellent bang for your buck performance mod.
9tee7pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:03 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
#1 would be springs or wheels for looks and for performance it would be exhaust or some wide tires
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:56 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Technique251's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Red Lion
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 21
Performance

1)4.10s
2)Tune
3)UD pulleys

Appearance

1)sequential tail light
2)black out taillights/headlights
3)Black deck lid panel
Technique251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



11:23 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.