Mustang name - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-24-2013, 08:18 AM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterzinyou View Post

All the upgrades, tires, cleaning supplies, mods, accessories.......
Wouldn't you lump upgrades, mods, and accessories into one? Mustangs don't require any cleaning supplies I wouldn't be using on any other car, and tires are a wear item.. usually when I hear someone refer to a car as a "money pit" they're either restoring it, or it breaks a lot.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 08:44 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
Wouldn't you lump upgrades, mods, and accessories into one? Mustangs don't require any cleaning supplies I wouldn't be using on any other car, and tires are a wear item.. usually when I hear someone refer to a car as a "money pit" they're either restoring it, or it breaks a lot.
Ty, you are right. I also left out gas, oil changes, brakes, insurance, air fresheners, tolls, wiper blades, etc. Was simply saying I am sure people spend more money on their Mustangs than their other cars on avg. Yes my cleaning supplies are used on my F-150. I also use my wax on my wifes Taurus. Anything extra I buy for my car from now on I will lump into one group, I apologize at my itemizing skills. I bought a Mustang hat, so is that an expense I can claim, since I do not have a Taurus or an F-150 hat? What I meant about "tires" is doing burnouts wears out tires faster, ergo will cost you more money. Hope I cleared up some of the confusion, have a safe weekend.
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Ty, you are right. I also left out gas, oil changes, brakes, insurance, air fresheners, tolls, wiper blades, etc. Was simply saying I am sure people spend more money on their Mustangs than their other cars on avg. Yes my cleaning supplies are used on my F-150. I also use my wax on my wifes Taurus. Anything extra I buy for my car from now on I will lump into one group, I apologize at my itemizing skills. I bought a Mustang hat, so is that an expense I can claim, since I do not have a Taurus or an F-150 hat? What I meant about "tires" is doing burnouts wears out tires faster, ergo will cost you more money. Hope I cleared up some of the confusion, have a safe weekend.
Real slick, pal. That was certainly my dose of redundancy for the weekend.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Smile

Quote:
Real slick, pal. That was certainly my dose of redundancy for the weekend.
Your welcome AGENT ORANGE. P.S., my car is named RED. Not much on originality maybe I can buy a new name for it, and say I jokingly spent money on my car, and then someone can point out that I should lump that expense in with my other unnecessary expenses, and not my Mustang, Reds, expenses. Redundant enough redundant enough for you AGENT. HAVE A SUPER DUPER DUPER SUPER WEEKEND AGENT.
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Old 05-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Your welcome AGENT ORANGE. P.S., my car is named RED. Not much on originality maybe I can buy a new name for it, and say I jokingly spent money on my car, and then someone can point out that I should lump that expense in with my other unnecessary expenses, and not my Mustang, Reds, expenses. Redundant enough redundant enough for you AGENT. HAVE A SUPER DUPER DUPER SUPER WEEKEND AGENT.
You're either a young kid, or an especially ignorant adult. You consider maintenance unnecessary expenses? That last post was a great attempt at being extra abrasive, though. Try separating your rambling idiocy into actual sentences next time so it's readable.
Old 05-24-2013, 09:14 AM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:

You're either a young kid, or an especially ignorant adult. You consider maintenance unnecessary expenses? That last post was a great attempt at being extra abrasive, though. Try separating your rambling idiocy into actual sentences next time so it's readable.
Hahaha
Old 05-24-2013, 10:11 AM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Wasn't trying to be "extra abrasive", was merely trying to explain that by "money pit" we merely spend more money on our toys. Sorry again my grammar offends you, what with all my punctuations not being: correct? I mentioned my cars name cuz, I mean because, this post was about naming cars, not pointing out truly unimportant things in another members post. AgentOrange please accept my sincere apologies. My car is not a money pit. Maintenance is not an unnecessary expense. My cleaning supplies are used on my other vehicles. I guess the few performance upgrades I have bought were not needed, so I have no one to blame but myself. I hope this is up to the high standards you clearly hold fellow posters too. I hope I have no run-on sentences (is it run-on or run on?). I will spend my weekend brushing up on my grammar skills. I did not realize how ignorant I was until you pointed it out. You have saved me years of therapy. All this from simply goofing about spending money on my car, whew.
Old 05-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1157 View Post
**Sigh**

No offense to the OP. But since you asked for opinions/suggestions I'll offer up mine.

Whether or not you name your car is your business. But asking for a suggestion as to what to name your car has always struck me as a bit odd.
Firstly, by popular concensus ( I'm sure you'll find it somewhere) most do not name their cars,...and those that do are typically making up a non-used nickname (i.e. bit ch,...money pit, etc...) Most just call it as it is: The red car, The Mustang, The GT, The 5.0.
You'll find the least amount of raised eyebrows when that is how you refer to your car in a group.

It's exactly the same when asking for a suggestion for a personalized plate:

It's personal.
Newbie, Forums are for open minded people. So maybe you shouldn't be on this forum.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:09 AM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Peter, I'm not going to quote that absurdity to save space. I don't understand the point of spending so much time writing that post when the entire thing is snide. I was trying to argue against our cars being money pits, as pretty much every one that I know has been rock-solid in terms is reliability, and you wanted to be a jerk and act like a child so I chewed you out a bit. Simple as that.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Ladies! Can't we all get along?
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:13 AM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT View Post
Ladies! Can't we all get along?
Sometimes we can. I really just need to go purse shopping I think.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Sometimes we can. I really just need to go purse shopping I think.
Well then Get you a new Gucci bag and be done with it
Old 05-24-2013, 11:15 AM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Well then Get you a new Gucci bag and be done with it
I'm more of a Coach kinda gal.
Old 05-24-2013, 11:23 AM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I'm more of a Coach kinda gal.
I bet you are
Old 05-24-2013, 11:26 AM   #85
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I bet you are
Don't hate!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #86
Registered Member
Regular

Loud noises. I don't know why we are yelling
Attached Images

Ckennedy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:16 PM   #87
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckennedy121 View Post
+1
Old 05-24-2013, 12:40 PM   #88
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Your both right. In my case, it was a bit of a restoration. Also, on my car, there are things that bother me that, for some reason, I find acceptable on my truck. There is just more maintenance required to keep it nice. More time. Time is money to me...
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #89
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
+1
Old 05-24-2013, 03:35 PM   #90
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Wow. Thanks for the laugh guys!

Tint. Painted Brake Calipers. New Wheels. Raxiom Smoked Coyote Tails. GT500 Exhaust. Eibach Pro-Kit Lowering Springs. Decklid Blackout Panel. Custom Emblem Decals. Next? Cold Air Intake.
Lucylove21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 04:15 PM   #91
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
LOUD NOISES!!! Lmao hahahahhaa....I love lamp
Old 05-24-2013, 04:38 PM   #92
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

LOUD NOISES!!! Lmao hahahahhaa....I love lamp
Brick killed a guy... did you throw a trident?
Old 05-24-2013, 05:11 PM   #93
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Brick killed a guy... did you throw a trident?
Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that, you should probably find yourself a safe house or a relative close by and lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder. Lmao

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT