Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Need source for Cobra R valve stem caps

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  scottydsntknow 
#1 ·
I have Ford Racing Cobra R wheels on my 96 SVT Cobra. They have the Red R center caps and matching air valve caps. Someone stole one of the caps. Where can I find replacements. American Muscle only have Black & Chrome ones. Thanks, Spiney-Dave

#2 ·
Forum classifieds (here, corral, stangnet etc...) ebay if you can stand having to deal with ebay, maybe craigslist if you are lucky. Good luck with finding one, they aren't made anymore. I'd just replace them all with regular Cobra caps honestly... you don't have a R so no need for the R caps unless you just really like them for some reason. Personally I think running any badges on a car that misrepresent what the car is is kinda poserish...

#7 · (Edited)
Never thought of it like that.

Nice reply.

I wasn't being an ass just messing around like I said and I do like the posts you have and scotty as well.

Guess a 11.36 quarter makes it OK to have a Cobra rear bumper. Although I'm looking to sell that.

OP, there's some Mustang shops around Charlotte I'll ask around and see if anyone has what your looking for.

#8 · (Edited)
I feel I need to clarify... I don't feel like certain elements from a Cobra or Mach or whatever is poserish, I just don't like Fobras, when someone makes a complete clone of one. Also because anyone who knows much about these cars will be able to spot a clone in literally 2 seconds especially a 5.0 Cobra. With that said, my car has an OEM Cobra front bumper and a Cervinis Cobra R hood because they do look better. But it still says "GT 4.6L" on the side, "Mustang GT" on the back (filled with stainless letters), the airbag still has a running pony etc... This is just my opinion and that is worthless to anyone but me really.

So my opinion... If you want a Cobra, get a Cobra, a SN95 Cobra is not very much money anymore. If you have a GT, be proud of your GT and laugh when your "lowly GT" that you have put blood sweat and tears into toasts a Cobra or another car making 100+ more HP than you because our cars are light, cheap to mod, ridiculously EASY to mod and are so simple compared to some of the newer stuff its ridiculous. I have said this many times, NOTHING is a bigger sleeper than a SN95 Mustang with a "GT 4.6L" badge. I can say from experience it is very fun to use this to your advantage.

#9 ·
Guys... Relax... He's looking for valve stem caps.. For his legit cobra R wheels.. Plain real R's cost what aftermarket chrome R's cost..
Chill, no one is looking for badges to be a poser... Damn.. My R's have the real center caps.. And what?! Rather have the real caps then then some half assed aftermarket ones...

#10 ·
Thanks for the replies. I checked EBay, no love there. My car is an original SVT Cobra. The original owner who I bought the car from spent a lot of money to buy Cobra R wheels from Ford racing. He works at a SVT authorized dealership. The only posing is it's not an R. But everywhere I go I get lots of compliments on my wheels. I'm hoping to find some caps at Carlisle. American Muscle hasn't had them since 2006. I may have to settle for SVT or Red Cobra caps w/o the R. It just completed the look of the wheel. If I find them I'll be sure to loctite them on. Cheers, Spiney-Dave

#12 ·
The Corral really is your best bet. If you put a WTB ad on the corral in the wheel/tire classifieds section and bump it daily I'm sure someone will get back to you with one eventually. In the meantime you can just get any old center cap to keep the crud out of there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.