Clutch replacement. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wyoming
Clutch replacement.

So I have a feeling my clutch has gone out in me completely or close to it anyway. Anyone here know what it would cost me at a shop to have it replaced? I would do it myself but I don't have anywhere to do it or mechanical tools.
Barrett775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 07:22 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775 View Post
So I have a feeling my clutch has gone out in me completely or close to it anyway. Anyone here know what it would cost me at a shop to have it replaced? I would do it myself but I don't have anywhere to do it or mechanical tools.
Probably 2 hours labor
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 07:25 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Well it depends on what kind of clutch you want to go in. Why do you 'think' it's going out? I'd say more than 2 hours of labor but I guess it depends on A) if its a ford/mustang mechanic and B)your relationship to the guy

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 PM ----------

It's pretty easy as far as the grand scheme of things all you need is a jack, 2 jack stands, a socket set and a buddy to help put it all back in
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrett775 View Post
What's the symptoms ?

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Be sure to get your flywheel replaced or resurfaced , replace your throw out bearing with a ford one , and replace your pilot bearing , replace your tranny fluid too

Do it right the first time dude
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 08:32 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

I was driving and I drive through a puddle and afterwards my clutch wouldn't engage very well and was slipping. After it dried out now it seems fine for some reason but my gear shift has a lot more play in neutral. But my digital odometer is also not working now.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
well that sounds like something else. If the clutch is grabbing then its not your flywheel, pressure plate, clutch or throwout bearing. Check the electrical connections on your tranny, put some dielectric grease on them to help get rid of any water. Then check your tranny fluid. It probably should be pink, unless its a non World Class t 5. What year is it?
Billymich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:15 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billymich View Post
well that sounds like something else. If the clutch is grabbing then its not your flywheel, pressure plate, clutch or throwout bearing. Check the electrical connections on your tranny, put some dielectric grease on them to help get rid of any water. Then check your tranny fluid. It probably should be pink, unless its a non World Class t 5. What year is it?
It's a 1999. Thanks for all the info guys. It's appreciated.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT