Bike racks for new edge - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-04-2013, 12:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ckennedy121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 269
Bike racks for new edge

Anyone have a good truck/roof rack they use and would recommend for new edge mustangs? I can fit my bike in my trunk but its a PITA to get it in and out.


Thanks
Ckennedy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-04-2013, 02:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Region: Arkansas
Posts: 704
Does a bike even fit on these cars?
Never heard of that, good idea!
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Kevo91's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Magna
Region: Utah
Posts: 298
Dont mount one on the roof, stangs look terrible with bike racks lol. I couldnt tell ya the brand but theres these cool ones that just strap around your trunk, no drilling and safe on the paint. There are also trailer hitch racks if your car has one
Kevo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-04-2013, 03:19 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
I would do a trailer hitch
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:58 PM   #5
ME Bloodhound
Staff
 
Soccerluvr4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Sacramento/Bay Area
Region: California
Posts: 14,672
I would spend 1k on some beater truck
__________________

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
Please dont do it

It looks okay on things like wrx's that are rally cars. Not on a muscle car.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 06:31 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Slow4V's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Sa
Region: Alabama
Posts: 2,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckennedy121 View Post
Anyone have a good truck/roof rack they use and would recommend for new edge mustangs? I can fit my bike in my trunk but its a PITA to get it in and out.

Thanks
Don't listen to bad feedback, it's your car, do what you want with it. I know they sell racks that will fit on your trunk.
Just use google.
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ckennedy121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

Don't listen to bad feedback, it's your car, do what you want with it. I know they sell racks that will fit on your trunk.
Just use google.
It's a bike rack not like neon green rims. I want a trunk rack. It's my DD and its just a 2v mustang. It's not a terminator or special edition car it's a dime a dozen GT.


Sorry if that offends anyone but let's be honest a bike rack doesn't make my car a WRX. It means...I want to take my bike to trails that are about 40 miles away from my house.
Ckennedy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:26 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
v8pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Monmouth County, New Jersey
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ckennedy121 View Post

It's a bike rack not like neon green rims. I want a trunk rack. It's my DD and its just a 2v mustang. It's not a terminator or special edition car it's a dime a dozen GT.

Sorry if that offends anyone but let's be honest a bike rack doesn't make my car a WRX. It means...I want to take my bike to trails that are about 40 miles away from my house.
Id rather see neon green rims than a bike rack on a mustang..just funny imo, it's your car man, do what you please, I have seen a few racks on new edges in the past, both on the roof and on the trunk, so I know they make them, give google a whirl..
__________________
2002 5spd GT
Feb 2013 Mustang of the Month
v8pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:42 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Ckennedy121's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Miami
Region: Florida
Posts: 269
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstanger View Post

Id rather see neon green rims than a bike rack on a mustang..just funny imo, it's your car man, do what you please, I have seen a few racks on new edges in the past, both on the roof and on the trunk, so I know they make them, give google a whirl..
Again this isn't an appearance mod like rims and I'm very google capable. I trust the reviews of you guys more than random people on a product on another website. I wanted to see if anyone on here had a rack they used and would recommend preferably for their trunk because I want something I can take off easily. Because I also don't want a bike rack on my car 24/7.

But they are usually about $100+ so I wanted to see if there was a good one anyone on here used. Instead I got hit with OMG THIS IS A MUSCLE CAR FITNESS ISN'T IMPERTANT IF U WERNT TO RIDE BIKE BUY A WRX OR BUY ANOTHER TRUCK WHICH IS EASILY $900 MORE PLUS INSURANCE AND MAINTENANCE YEARLY.

Did I miss something?


Hehe I'm just cranky this morning. Thanks for the help guys aka "use google"
Ckennedy121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:05 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
1slosix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 7,311
look into a tow hitch and carrier system. alot of guys i know that wanna track their cars will use a hitch to drag radials to the track on a small tire trailer with their car..so i know the kits are out there. or just look into a trunk strap kit they're pretty universal
__________________

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1slosix View Post
look into a tow hitch and carrier system. alot of guys i know that wanna track their cars will use a hitch to drag radials to the track on a small tire trailer with their car..so i know the kits are out there. or just look into a trunk strap kit they're pretty universal
This is what I want to do to take some tires to the auto x. But we're would we put the hitch at?
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



01:08 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.