03 Mustang GT grill delete - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-06-2013, 01:51 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Oregon
Send a message via Skype™ to Sobersucks85
03 Mustang GT grill delete

So I bought a grill delete got it all in there but when it came to putting in the pony emblem there were no bolts and nuts to hold it in place!!! Looked on American muscle and no one said anything about needing to go buy any. Anybody happen to know the size to use and it did it themselves?
Side note bought a chin spoiler as well and no nuts and bolts were sent either.
Any suggestions on what anybody used on theory point would be greatly appreciated.
Sobersucks85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 05:18 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobersucks85 View Post
So I bought a grill delete got it all in there but when it came to putting in the pony emblem there were no bolts and nuts to hold it in place!!! Looked on American muscle and no one said anything about needing to go buy any. Anybody happen to know the size to use and it did it themselves?
Any suggestions on what anybody used on theory point would be greatly appreciated.
That's why I will never buy from American muscle again, they are horrible.

You should check out latemodelresto.com or stangmods.com
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:28 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Call AM and watch them send you everything you need for free and on the same day... The guy above me you must of had bad luck AM has the best customer service I've ever dealt with in my entire life.
Rice Eater is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-06-2013, 05:31 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Agreed
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:23 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
mine didnt come with antthing either. just use watever bolts u have laying around . or buy sum at the local store thats what i had to do

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:50 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
I bought the chin spoiler from AM and it came with everything. Give them a call.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:17 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horseplay View Post
mine didnt come with antthing either. just use watever bolts u have laying around . or buy sum at the local store thats what i had to do
Guess they don't like Texas orders lol
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:19 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
Call AM and watch them send you everything you need for free and on the same day... The guy above me you must of had bad luck AM has the best customer service I've ever dealt with in my entire life.
I got sent an entire new Mach 1 chin and was told to throw the other away....yeah right

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #9
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor

Region: Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobersucks85 View Post
A lot of people running the Grille Delete actually don't run the Pony anymore, we don't include hardware with that item. If you're going to re install the pony, you can just reuse the two bolts that held in the pony in the first place!

As far as the Mach 1 chin spoiler goes, this is very odd. That Chin Spoiler comes with a bag of bolts/washers etc... that will allow you to install the spoiler! We can definitely get you a replacement sent out right away, Give my CS team a call and they'll get you squared away. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some further assistance from me!

Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
That's why I will never buy from American muscle again, they are horrible.

You should check out latemodelresto.com or stangmods.com
I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would hate to loose you as a customer! We will always bend over backwards and do whatever it takes to make sure all of our customers are in good hands and satisfied. Please shoot me a PM with your order number of the specific issue you had and I'll have my CS Manager reach out to you directly, to insure that everything is resolved!

-Dan
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:28 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

It's no big deal, I just want the sizes of bolts etc to finish the job. I can but them just need specifics before I go to the store.
Old 06-06-2013, 12:51 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

A lot of people running the Grille Delete actually don't run the Pony anymore, we don't include hardware with that item. If you're going to re install the pony, you can just reuse the two bolts that held in the pony in the first place!

As far as the Mach 1 chin spoiler goes, this is very odd. That Chin Spoiler comes with a bag of bolts/washers etc... that will allow you to install the spoiler! We can definitely get you a replacement sent out right away, Give my CS team a call and they'll get you squared away. Please let me know if you have any questions or need some further assistance from me!

Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

I'm sorry to hear that you feel this way. We would hate to loose you as a customer! We will always bend over backwards and do whatever it takes to make sure all of our customers are in good hands and satisfied. Please shoot me a PM with your order number of the specific issue you had and I'll have my CS Manager reach out to you directly, to insure that everything is resolved!

-Dan
No offense to you guys, but that's just stupid. When I ordered my grill delete 2 years ago I got every single little bolt and nut I could ever need and even a few extra.
What does it cost to throw in a handful of bolts and nuts with a $100 piece? If someone chooses not to use the pony, that's fine, but don't screw over the people that want to reuse it.
I can't say the customer service isn't amazing, because it is, but I feel like customers shouldn't have to call because you guys didn't want to put a few bolts in a bag and send them.
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice Eater View Post
+1 AM has always been my go to place for mustang parts. Customer service is great and I'm sure they would send all the parts you need for free.
Sn96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:57 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackPressure View Post

No offense to you guys, but that's just stupid. When I ordered my grill delete 2 years ago I got every single little bolt and nut I could ever need and even a few extra.
What does it cost to throw in a handful of bolts and nuts with a $100 piece? If someone chooses not to use the pony, that's fine, but don't screw over the people that want to reuse it.
I can't say the customer service isn't amazing, because it is, but I feel like customers shouldn't have to call because you guys didn't want to put a few bolts in a bag and send them.
It doesn't have to be their fault for not having bolts in that kit. I would say 99% of stuff they have is manufactured by someone else and they are just the middle man. I work in a acoustical material place and sometimes people call us saying a their order didn't come with everything they have gotten before. What they don't know is the people we get stuff from changed what comes in a order and yet we are the ones that have to answer for them. Could be the same type of deal with this delete kit
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

Guess they don't like Texas orders lol
LOL seems like it

Low2v
Horseplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:16 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Arkansas
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003 View Post

It doesn't have to be their fault for not having bolts in that kit. I would say 99% of stuff they have is manufactured by someone else and they are just the middle man. I work in a acoustical material place and sometimes people call us saying a their order didn't come with everything they have gotten before. What they don't know is the people we get stuff from changed what comes in a order and yet we are the ones that have to answer for them. Could be the same type of deal with this delete kit
Dan actually said that they (meaning AM themselves) do not include washers or bolts anymore in the kit.
I understand the third party parts issue, but he said it was their responsibility to do that.
Stuff like not including $2 worth of washers and bolts and making the customer go buy parts for what is touted as a "complete kit" is why I don't do business with AM anymore.
Stage 3 and Lethal have better stuff anyways, and LRS has everything AM does at the same price.
BackPressure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

First chin spoiler no bolts, second chin spoiler all the bolts, and mach 1 grille delete came with tamper proof screws( which was good).. Guess its hand packaged and just some inconsistencies but its no big deal they have one of the best customer service teams i ever dealt with! They may make a mistake but the make sure to get it right and make sure your happy, they have always had my business and will continue to have it
99mustang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:21 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

I didn't mean to start a bickering war.
Dan if you could just inform me the size of nuts, bolts and washers I need off appreciate it. No need to trouble you guys with shipping that when I have a store right down the road.
Thank you.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post

-Dan

-Dan
What about the cars that have the honeycomb grill that doesn't have bolts that hold the pony on?? My pony was built into the honeycomb..

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:20 AM   #19
Registered Member
Regular

That's what mine was. I had to research thus because all anybody wants to do on this site is give useless opinions.
Go to a Ford dealer and get torx bolts, they'll know what your talking about!
Old 06-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Go on EBAY, get the stainless steel hardware kit. Its better than those stupid pushpins Ford uses. Think it is actually a UPR product, was like 15, 20 bucks, had it in 3 days. PLUS 1 on the A M customer service. Customer for life.
Borla S-Type stingers, BAMA SCT tuner, K & N Typhoon CAI, Classic Design Concepts light bar, MACH 1 chin spoiler, MACH 1000 w JVC Kvw 500 HU, plastidipped hood scoop, wing & Premium GT rims, painted calipers, 3.73 gears, black Bullitt fuel door, MMD hood struts, sub-frame connectors, SVE uca & lca, Power Stop drilled/slotted rotors
Peterzinyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #21
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002VertGT View Post
What about the cars that have the honeycomb grill that doesn't have bolts that hold the pony on?? My pony was built into the honeycomb..
This is what I was thinking. My buddy got the kit from LRS and that one had the screws and everything in it. Not including the hardware to complete the install is just really piss poor service honestly. Now if you are just ordering a replacement pony or a Cobra to replace a pony for a 94-98 car, yeah you can re-use the torx safety screws. When I had my 95 Cobra I did not get replacement screws with the Cobra I got from LRS to replace the pony but since they were already there it didn't matter.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:48 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

These Torx are nut those cheap plastic ones that come with the original pony. They are anti-theft with a hex like design so they have to have that tool to get the emblem off your stang. They are not these cheap plastics that come stock.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT