Catback louder than weld mufflers? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-08-2013, 07:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Catback louder than weld mufflers?

Hey guys is the slp catback louder than buying the resonators and welding them in? I figured they are the same But am I wrong?
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2013, 07:52 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post
Hey guys is the slp catback louder than buying the resonators and welding them in? I figured they are the same But am I wrong?
It might be .1 decibels louder because the bigger tips but you won't be able to tell a difference at all. It's the same to the ear

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I went from a catted flow master to off road slp and I thought my ears were going to bust lol
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:53 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003

It might be .1 decibels louder because the bigger tips but you won't be able to tell a difference at all. It's the same to the ear

---------- Post added at 08:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

I went from a catted flow master to off road slp and I thought my ears were going to bust lol
Lol ouch. I bet U got headaches from it
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

Lol ouch. I bet U got headaches from it
Nahhh it's music to my ears it was just way more than I expected lol if I rev it up when someone is behind me it will literally hurt their ears. I went to a NASCAR race and it was louder than their test car
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:02 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003

Nahhh it's music to my ears it was just way more than I expected lol if I rev it up when someone is behind me it will literally hurt their ears. I went to a NASCAR race and it was louder than their test car
Lol well damn I have them with an offroad x and I just feel like mine isn't that loud lol.
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:04 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

Lol well damn I have them with an offroad x and I just feel like mine isn't that loud lol.
Have you heard it from the outside when someone is getting on it?
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:08 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003

Have you heard it from the outside when someone is getting on it?
No
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:09 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

No
You need to! You won't understand how loud it is until you do
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Doe_Rae_mi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 2,587
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003 View Post

You need to! You won't understand how loud it is until you do
Lol I know I can't get anyone to do it for me. I know one thing though, it starts screaming at 2500 rpm's
Doe_Rae_mi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 08:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doe_Rae_mi View Post

Lol I know I can't get anyone to do it for me. I know one thing though, it starts screaming at 2500 rpm's
Yeah mine goes from 1800 to 2200 is loud. Then 2500+ is just ungodly loud for a street car lol
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
01bullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 210
o/r bbk x slp lm1 makes wars bleed its ****ing awesome
01bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:26 AM   #12
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,581
What is with all these "my exhaust has to be louder than a jet engine!" threads? I really hope none of you are "that guy" who floors it through neighborhoods... Don't get me wrong a loud exhaust sounds awesome but there is a difference between sounding good and just being obnoxious and silly.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
What is with all these "my exhaust has to be louder than a jet engine!" threads? I really hope none of you are "that guy" who floors it through neighborhoods... Don't get me wrong a loud exhaust sounds awesome but there is a difference between sounding good and just being obnoxious and silly.
Well just because we want a loud exhaust doesn't mean we drive like idiots all the time lol I honestly like to hear the exhaust on the inside too so the flowmaster just didn't cut it for me. Some people that have a extremely loud exhaust are respectful because they know how loud it really is
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:08 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular
 
01bullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 210
i drive in 4th at ten mph in my neighborhood. today i had a guy say i need get loud Exhaust like the other mustangs that live down the street..secretly i laughed to myself...but no im not a ******..i just like mt **** loud.
01bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:15 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bullitt View Post
i drive in 4th at ten mph in my neighborhood. today i had a guy say i need get loud Exhaust like the other mustangs that live down the street..secretly i laughed to myself...but no im not a ******..i just like mt **** loud.
Everyone here knows I have the loudest stang but the people that live on my street just thinks it sounds deep and mellow. They know it can be loud but I respect them so I just coast down the street since I live at the last house
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:21 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
01bullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 210
what setup do u have?

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

unlesx u got cutout ill dare to say mine may be louder
01bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,581
Good to see ppl are actually being respectful, there are some idiots around where I live who think 25mph means floor it to 45 and then coast in neutral while gunning it every 4 or 5 seconds to make noise. Its not just Mustangs either and mostly idiots who just got their license and haven't been slammed with a big speeding ticket yet. They'll learn.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:29 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bullitt View Post
what setup do u have?

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 AM ----------

unlesx u got cutout ill dare to say mine may be louder
It's the same as yours. Bbk off road x and slp catback.
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
01bullitt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003 View Post

It's the same as yours. Bbk off road x and slp catback.
idk y but seems like bbk x pipe is louder than others atleast with slps lol
01bullitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01bullitt View Post

idk y but seems like bbk x pipe is louder than others atleast with slps lol
Yeah it does. It really screams
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:29 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
I lived in the country and I got it loud without caring if anyone heard me. Just when your dad can hear you from three miles away getting on it lol.
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:17 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
I lived in the country and I got it loud without caring if anyone heard me. Just when your dad can hear you from three miles away getting on it lol.
I live in the "city" and they can hear me going to work the whole way every day lol they can hear every turn I make
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular
 
1lowGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Missouri
Posts: 3,903
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003 View Post

I live in the "city" and they can hear me going to work the whole way every day lol they can hear every turn I make
I live a city now and I piss people off unintentionally I had a lady that had her window down and she was on the phone and I drove past her and then she passed me and I was coming back past her and she looked in the mirror and rolled her window up before I passed lol. And another guy in a charger he rolled his up and shook his head. I don't try to make it loud or piss people off unless its ricers.
__________________
2003 GT - full bolts ons, suspension, and drag radials
1998 cummins - 150hp injectors | FASS fuel kit | 4" straight pipe | 5" lift | BHAF | 20" wheels | edge juice w/ attitude | built auto trans with stall | closing in on 900tq | bigger turbo soon..

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post

I live a city now and I piss people off unintentionally I had a lady that had her window down and she was on the phone and I drove past her and then she passed me and I was coming back past her and she looked in the mirror and rolled her window up before I passed lol. And another guy in a charger he rolled his up and shook his head. I don't try to make it loud or piss people off unless its ricers.
Yeah I was beside a ricer and was running in 4th about 2200 rpms and we got to the light and he said I was hurting his ears lol
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



02:54 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.