0-60 help! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Either way OP do a jmod gears and some uca and lca with a decently sticky tire your 0-60 would be golden. And yes the programmer would be worth it
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 03:32 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

There is a reason the serious straight line Cobras are almost all auto swapped with a solid axle.

Dude was talking about 0-60 times and then we get ppl who have obviously never driven/ridden in a built and stalled auto coming in here and talking smack about how a stick is better at the track... Which is completely laughable.

Not even at that level, the torque multiplication of a good aftermarket stall will make the auto come off the line like its got a Nitrous shot all the time every time. The car I have in my sig would lose to itself in a 1/4 race if it had a j-modded auto and a good stall and that is just fact.
I honestly don't see why anyone doubts you... You've led me in the right direction multiple times and haven't been wrong on anything I've read so far. There was a car down here in Georgia that was a cobra with 700 horsepower and had a powerglide and it ran a 9.3 at 145. My friend has a cobra with the stock 6 speed and 750 horsepower and it ran a 9.7 at 147... Doesn't take a genius to realize autos in a straight line are very hard to beat

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

That is with near equal cars
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003 View Post

I honestly don't see why anyone doubts you... You've led me in the right direction multiple times and haven't been wrong on anything I've read so far. There was a car down here in Georgia that was a cobra with 700 horsepower and had a powerglide and it ran a 9.3 at 145. My friend has a cobra with the stock 6 speed and 750 horsepower and it ran a 9.7 at 147... Doesn't take a genius to realize autos in a straight line are very hard to beat

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

That is with near equal cars
+1 Scotty usually is right on the money from the stuff I've seen. Autos have it in a straight line if built properly. Still love my manual though haha.
Matticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2013, 06:35 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matticus View Post

+1 Scotty usually is right on the money from the stuff I've seen. Autos have it in a straight line if built properly. Still love my manual though haha.
Don't get me wrong I love mine but if I was building a drag car it would be auto. I wouldn't even have to think about that lol
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:44 PM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Op. Either a tuner or jmod should be your next mod. I literally just walked in from driving my wife's 04 gt auto. Shifts slower than christmas. With a tuner you can change the shift pressure as well as shift points. It will be a much more enjoyable car.

Team that up with a set of gears and it will take a few months to wipe the grin off your face.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:45 PM   #41
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
Op. Either a tuner or jmod should be your next mod. I literally just walked in from driving my wife's 04 gt auto. Shifts slower than christmas. With a tuner you can change the shift pressure as well as shift points. It will be a much more enjoyable car.

Team that up with a set of gears and it will take a few months to wipe the grin off your face.
The j-mod doesn't require any of that, it mechanically quickens the shifts and adds performance/life to the transmission by enlarging passages in the valve body and removing a few springs that soften the shifts for NVH reasons deemed necessary by Ford.

Ugh...

This thread has me thinking of setting my 98 up for drag too... with a reverse manual valve body. Best of both worlds, all the advantages of an auto and control of a manual. Shifting consists of slapping the shifter and boom, neck snapped into the next gear instantly.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow

The j-mod doesn't require any of that, it mechanically quickens the shifts and adds performance/life to the transmission by enlarging passages in the valve body and removing a few springs that soften the shifts for NVH reasons deemed necessary by Ford.

Ugh...

This thread has me thinking of setting my 98 up for drag too... with a reverse manual valve body. Best of both worlds, all the advantages of an auto and control of a manual. Shifting consists of slapping the shifter and boom, neck snapped into the next gear instantly.
I know how a jmod works but most people aren't comfortable pulling an automatic transmission apart.
Our's:
Old 06-11-2013, 07:15 PM   #43
Staff
Regular
Staff

That's up to them, they're losing out bigtime, a tuner can only do so much when the fluid is restricted and those springs are still in there.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:24 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow
That's up to them, they're losing out bigtime, a tuner can only do so much when the fluid is restricted and those springs are still in there.
My last car would chirp 2nd and 3rd with just an xcal.
Our's:
Old 06-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Buy ME Gear!!!
:cool
Official MustangEvolution.com Gear
DWC_SmOziLLa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 05:43 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWC_SmOziLLa
Nah.
Our's:
Old 06-12-2013, 06:05 PM   #47
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn View Post
My last car would chirp 2nd and 3rd with just an xcal.
Agreed that the chips work but the j-mod is proven better and cheaper and if someone is comfortable doing the mod they really should do it. Unlike the chip it also improves transmission longevity and gear selection speeds.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT