Vortech or procharger?? - Page 4 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-19-2013, 02:52 PM   #106
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
I agree with not ever getting any of the money back out of it. Anytime you modify a car it's called disposable income. My next engine is a 5.0 coyote set up with twin 57mm turbos$$$$
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #107
Registered Member
Regular
 
Count Dragula's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Warner Robins
Region: Georgia
Posts: 1,320
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilla View Post
I agree with not ever getting any of the money back out of it. Anytime you modify a car it's called disposable income. My next engine is a 5.0 coyote set up with twin 57mm turbos$$$$
Do twin 88s!!! Haha it just sounds cool
__________________
2007 Mustang Gt
2.3L Whipple Supercharger
Brenspeed Detroit Rocker Supercharger Cams
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Count Dragula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:06 PM   #108
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
I have the 4r75w in my 04 and I upgraded to a precision industries 3200 stall, custom valve body, and we removed the wave plates and added an additional three clutch discs. The trans is good for roughly 850-900 rear wheel torque. The 4r70w stock is good to 700ftlbs of torque. The 4r70w is also good to the about 500rwhp level. I would recommend after that a j mod and adjusting the line pressures. The biggest thing is a stall and a deep sump pan to hold additional fluid for cooling that stall. Also an external trans cooler is a must on a dd car
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #109
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilla View Post
I have the 4r75w in my 04 and I upgraded to a precision industries 3200 stall, custom valve body, and we removed the wave plates and added an additional three clutch discs. The trans is good for roughly 850-900 rear wheel torque. The 4r70w stock is good to 700ftlbs of torque. The 4r70w is also good to the about 500rwhp level. I would recommend after that a j mod and adjusting the line pressures. The biggest thing is a stall and a deep sump pan to hold additional fluid for cooling that stall. Also an external trans cooler is a must on a dd car
I planned on the Jmod, tranny cooler and a 3000 stall but it does make sense for the deep sump pan.

Also on another note I'm looking at MMRs 600hp Longblock and should I get the trickflow heads or just get stage 2 head port job??? I plan in getting there stage 2 cams in with high lift springs and valve retainers as well as the arp head studs
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #110
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
Honestly MMR is the best bang for the buck. I would recommend spending the extra money and get a 750 or a 900se. Dont worry about a stroker. If you have the extra money the out of the box trick flows are awesome.
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #111
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilla View Post
Honestly MMR is the best bang for the buck. I would recommend spending the extra money and get a 750 or a 900se. Dont worry about a stroker. If you have the extra money the out of the box trick flows are awesome.
Yeah I think I'm going to she'll put the extra money for the trickflow add on lol
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #112
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Does anyone have any input in these?? Waste of money?? Or a decent upgrade??

http://www.americanmuscle.com/aeromo...ls-9904gt.html
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 04:52 AM   #113
Registered Member
Regular
 
Mzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Region: Georgia
Posts: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post
Does anyone have any input in these?? Waste of money?? Or a decent upgrade??

http://www.americanmuscle.com/aeromo...ls-9904gt.html
Your factory rails are good to well over 500rwhp. Spend the money on a tank and pumps
Mzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #114
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mzilla View Post

Your factory rails are good to well over 500rwhp. Spend the money on a tank and pumps
Oh ok sounds good thanks man
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



06:21 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.