New mustang owner hopefull - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-17-2013, 09:58 PM   #1

Region: Connecticut
New mustang owner hopefull

Hey there guys im brand new to this forum still trying to get used to things and how everything works so i fiqured i might as well pist my first thread. So with that being said im looking to buy my first mustang soon. Hopefully before the end of summer. Im looking to spend around 6500$$$$ im not looking for a cobra or anything because i dont have that much money.
With me going to school to become a mechanic and with my dad being one himself ive narrowed my search down to 2002-2004 mustang gt.
defintly no v6 ONLY V8. But basically if you guys can help me out with my search and what are the best year mustangs and what do you think i can get for my price range. Also what some common problems i should look for with certain mustangs.

Thanks guys any help is appreciated
TN99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Utah
Welcome to the forums and the mustang world! Well maybe there are better options where you live but when I was stang shopping a couple months ago, all the 99-04s in that price range either had a ton of miles or torn seats or body damage of some sort. Not sure if your a fan of the 94-98s but you can get some really nice ones for that price

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

But I suppose if your going to mechanic school a little bit of a project might not be bad
Kevo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:56 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by TN99 View Post
Hey there guys im brand new to this forum still trying to get used to things and how everything works so i fiqured i might as well pist my first thread. So with that being said im looking to buy my first mustang soon. Hopefully before the end of summer. Im looking to spend around 6500$$$$ im not looking for a cobra or anything because i dont have that much money.
With me going to school to become a mechanic and with my dad being one himself ive narrowed my search down to 2002-2004 mustang gt.
defintly no v6 ONLY V8. But basically if you guys can help me out with my search and what are the best year mustangs and what do you think i can get for my price range. Also what some common problems i should look for with certain mustangs.

Thanks guys any help is appreciated
99-04 GT would be a good first car, I would look for a 02-04 GT 5spd
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 12:36 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
In my area there r real nice once around that range hopefully u can get one with desent miles
Kstangs2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Picked my 03 gt up for $6000 no scratches or dents or bubbles bone stock 1 owner car bought it off some lady who's husband used it for work 97xxx miles everything works and runs like a champ!.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Australia
Scored my '04 GT for $5600 with 89k, needs a little paint lovin' but isn't dented/fubar'd up

Best of luck on your search! BTW, think ur right on the money with the '02-'04 range

EDIT: dunno where ur at, but autotrader, carmax, cars-dot-com are good for searches. Craigslist could work too, but has been kinda dodgy for me in the past with other stuffs. Searching the classifieds of your local paper should redirect you to cars-dot-com.
Feel free to post links of what you find so we can help
Old 06-18-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Hi, welcome. Good luck in your search.
tonyd01gt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT