MMR longblocks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2013, 07:47 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
I'm considering buying the MMR streetmod 900SE longblocks for my mustang. It says its a 4.75 liter stroker and has the options of being a 5.0 stroker or a 5.3l in a boss 302 block, my question is if I get the 5.3 with the boss 302 block do I have to do any mods to make the engine fit in an 03 engine bay?? Any computer or harness changes?? Or is it a straight drop in??? Thank you in advance for answers
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-23-2013, 10:49 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Bump
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:35 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
I will only use one of the best in the business.

Shraderperformance.com
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander View Post
I will only use one of the best in the business.

Shraderperformance.com
Oh yeah?? I'll have to check them out!!
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 09:32 AM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
It's almost $12k for a longblock. That's quite a bit of money
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
I would call
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander View Post
I would call
Alright I will do that and see what they say
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:00 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
And MMR is ONE of the best in the business....
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 04:53 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Read a lot of horror stories...look around.
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander View Post
Read a lot of horror stories...look around.
I've read the horror stories but what company doesn't have horror stories, ill just have to be patient and do some real good research
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:28 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
They have too many horror stories IMO. Also I've read some of the responses from actual MMR reps and based on said responses I will never have a MMR product in my car ever. Honestly... research, learn and put your own short block together. Or find a lower mileage terminator pullout. It'll be less than the MMR motor and is just as stout plus its OEM assembled.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 07:59 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
They have too many horror stories IMO. Also I've read some of the responses from actual MMR reps and based on said responses I will never have a MMR product in my car ever. Honestly... research, learn and put your own short block together. Or find a lower mileage terminator pullout. It'll be less than the MMR motor and is just as stout plus its OEM assembled.
Aw oh ok I see, well ill definitely have to do my research on what to do for my wngine
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:32 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
2002VertGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Ohio
Posts: 1,876
I'm still hoping to get my buddies 03/kb w/ t56, irs, fuel tank, hood and trunk wing
__________________
2004 F150 4x4 Lariat Supercrew, 5.4l, Black/Arizona Beige (daily driver)
2002 Mustang GT Convertible, triple black, mach 1000 system (Summer Car)
2001 Ranger Edge 4x4 xcab (sold to cousin)

4.10 Gear/RPM thread
2002VertGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
If you can find a low mileage Termi motor that is definitely the way to go especially if you know the history.

MMR... IMO they favor quantity over quality. Too many threads I've seen with actual MMR reps saying that "technically it is the buyer's fault".

In one thread MMR had taken a block from a customer and not inspected it because he had not paid for it an just installed their stuff and sent it back. Turned out the block was bad and it wrecked the whole motor. Their excuse was "the customer did not request it". Ok fine, technically they are right... but who the **** who supposedly runs a top notch speed shop doesn't magnaflux or dye(aluminum) supplied blocks? Great for customer reviews...

IMO, go with MHS or just build your own. If you are not an idiot, you can assemble your own shortblock and that is fact.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:08 AM   #15
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
If you can find a low mileage Termi motor that is definitely the way to go especially if you know the history.

MMR... IMO they favor quantity over quality. Too many threads I've seen with actual MMR reps saying that "technically it is the buyer's fault".

In one thread MMR had taken a block from a customer and not inspected it because he had not paid for it an just installed their stuff and sent it back. Turned out the block was bad and it wrecked the whole motor. Their excuse was "the customer did not request it". Ok fine, technically they are right... but who the **** who supposedly runs a top notch speed shop doesn't magnaflux or dye(aluminum) supplied blocks? Great for customer reviews...

IMO, go with MHS or just build your own. If you are not an idiot, you can assemble your own shortblock and that is fact.
I've decided to pick up a short block from livernois, grab some trick flow heads and possibly some Anderson ford cams. Anything else I would need??
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 07:56 AM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Yo BigBen....what Cody told me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyNelson View Post

A stage two port and polish, 3 or 5 angle valve job, 1mm oversized valves and bronze valve guides will easily do that and more. And cost about 1/2-2/3 what the TF Heads cost
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:05 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
WheelStander's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 1,470
Livernois...the one in Michigan?

Saw your other thread.... Livernois is good got a couple friends that have engines from there.
__________________
Induction: Kenne Bell | wHp: 515 Tq: 503 | 1/4 Mile:11.09@123
WheelStander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #18
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelStander View Post
Livernois...the one in Michigan?

Saw your other thread.... Livernois is good got a couple friends that have engines from there.
Yeah that livernois, I like the boss block and the capabilities of it later down the road
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:05 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
GaMuscle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Region: Virginia
Posts: 81
I'm thinking about getting a similar configuration for 08 gt. did you buy it yet
GaMuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:14 PM   #20
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post
Yeah that livernois, I like the boss block and the capabilities of it later down the road
You can make well over 1000whp on the OEM block, just saying. IMO the boss block is kind of a waste of money. Its a quality product and all, just when your iron block is free or you can pick up a super light Teksid or WAP for like $200...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 12:26 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaMuscle View Post
I'm thinking about getting a similar configuration for 08 gt. did you buy it yet
No I'm just in the planning stage now really lol
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 01:06 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
So I've been told to stay away from MMR, anyone have any input on Modular head shop??
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #23
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB227 View Post
So I've been told to stay away from MMR, anyone have any input on Modular head shop??
IMO they are better. Smaller scale, less churning out of motors at a mass pace like MMR. Only ever heard one controversial thing from anyone on them and that was partly the buyers fault too.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:14 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular
 
BigB227's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: West Palm Beach
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

IMO they are better. Smaller scale, less churning out of motors at a mass pace like MMR. Only ever heard one controversial thing from anyone on them and that was partly the buyers fault too.
Aw oh ok well that's good to hear
BigB227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



05:48 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.