Subframe connectors - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
96smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Raleigh
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 226
Subframe connectors

Lookin to buy some but im wantin a general idea of the install price that i should be lookin for. What have you guys had them done for?
96smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2013, 12:05 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
fastmustangs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 541
My Full Length ran me bout $250 for install.



__________________
fastmustangs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
96smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Raleigh
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmustangs1 View Post
My Full Length ran me bout $250 for install.


What brand are those and whered you get em from?
96smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 06-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
Site Sponsor
Sponsor
 
AMWill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Malvern
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,171
OP,

Shops in our area usually install these subframe connectors for $200-$250 as well. Just make sure you're taking the car too a reputable shop that is experienced with welding. I've seen a lot of sloppy installs out there, as well as a lot of clean ones!

Shane
__________________
Will Levantovsky | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266
Bama Hotline: 888.226.9764 | M-F 9AM-5:30PM EST
WIN A $1500 MMD STYLING PACKAGE
Free Same-Day Shipping!
AMWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 02:49 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
fastmustangs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96smoke View Post
What brand are those and whered you get em from?
I got mine from a local mustang shop.

GRC Performance

One thing to keep in mind is SFCs need to be welded in on alignment rack with
full weight on the unibody.
__________________
fastmustangs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:02 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
White03GT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Hereford
Region: Texas
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMShaneLesky View Post
OP,

Shops in our area usually install these subframe connectors for $200-$250 as well. Just make sure you're taking the car too a reputable shop that is experienced with welding. I've seen a lot of sloppy installs out there, as well as a lot of clean ones!

Shane
+1! I don't trust any shops welding around here so when I purchase these in the near future I'll be installing myself.
White03GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by White03GT

+1! I don't trust any shops welding around here so when I purchase these in the near future I'll be installing myself.
Lol no...
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:50 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
I'd be too afraid my newbie welds would snap honestly... There are a TON of good shops around where I live and when you do get these things installed is a very good idea to pull your seats so they can pull the carpet back when then do the welding. Better still is to remove the carpet completely which is really not that huge a deal. Then just drive there with 1 seat installed so its easy for them to remove.

Also, if you ever DO diy this sort of thing you MUST do the welding with the suspension fully loaded, IE, no 4 point chassis lifts. Gotta be done on a drive on lift.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
96smoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Raleigh
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
I'd be too afraid my newbie welds would snap honestly... There are a TON of good shops around where I live and when you do get these things installed is a very good idea to pull your seats so they can pull the carpet back when then do the welding. Better still is to remove the carpet completely which is really not that huge a deal. Then just drive there with 1 seat installed so its easy for them to remove.

Also, if you ever DO diy this sort of thing you MUST do the welding with the suspension fully loaded, IE, no 4 point chassis lifts. Gotta be done on a drive on lift.
Yea ill end up takin it to my mustang shop here who does all my work. I was just tryin to get an idea of how much itd be for install in case they try to gimme a high amount. Theyve done that before lol
96smoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 05:55 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
fastmustangs1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 541
IMO it should be the first done to a mustang then LCAs then a panhard bar lol.
__________________
fastmustangs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:35 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.