2v kenne bell upgrade - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
2v kenne bell upgrade

right now im running akenne bell 1.7l and i wann aupgrade to a 2.1 or maybe even a 2.6. what all would i have to change other then the supercharger? are the intercoolers the same or would i have to replace that and all the other stuff too?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2013, 08:07 PM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Unsure, you could always just call Kenne Bell directly. Also, are you sure your motor will support it? The rods let go between 400-450hp or thereabouts.

Nice CSVT btw, I have one I'm getting ready to part out, silver/mnb. Been sitting too long, won't start... sad but has to be done. Was fun while it lasted but I found it was too much of a distraction from the Stang too haha.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:44 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Unsure, you could always just call Kenne Bell directly. Also, are you sure your motor will support it? The rods let go between 400-450hp or thereabouts.

Nice CSVT btw, I have one I'm getting ready to part out, silver/mnb. Been sitting too long, won't start... sad but has to be done. Was fun while it lasted but I found it was too much of a distraction from the Stang too haha.
Thanks man! I actually had to get rid of mine too. I kept blowing the slave cylinder out and dropping that transmission is insanely expensive and time consuming. probably the best handeling car i ever had though!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2013, 11:12 PM   #4
Staff
Regular
Staff

I stopped driving mine as I prepared to actually do that very thing, pull the trans to do some needed work and then I got deployed, then it sat because it wouldn't start when I came back and I just said **** it. I can part it out and make a good $1k+ off all the stuff, it's basically mint MNB inside, I have a Mirko splitter still in the bubble wrap, it has a Borla catback, BAT Y pipe, SPEC shifter, black Cougar wheel/airbag/column trim, auto open AND close modified sunroof, Mondeo digital dash display etc...

I sometimes do think of a 3L swap and getting it back up and running but I have the 98 GT to get my go fast fix and honestly I'm pretty sure my current beater (2003 Mazda 6 at 140k+ miles and still drives perfect) is faster and much more roomy.

Anyways like I said for your KB upgrade what sort of power are you making now? If you are making around 400whp you are throwing money away upgrading. If not then can you by turning up the boost? Also what sort of mods do you have to put the power to the ground? Looking at the pic in your sig it does not look like you have a fat set of tires out back and if you don't have some good chassis stiffening and work done to the rear end of the car I would go there before I even considered a new supercharger. Does not take a TON of power to get these cars to go really fast. Properly setup you can go a LOT faster than someone making way more power. I mean look at the new 5.0s, they run mid 12s off the showroom floor. Bolt on PI cars can run mid 12s...

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-03-2013, 11:35 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Stock internals can handle the 2.1l if you try to stay at 10psi or lower
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:45 PM   #6
Staff
Regular
Staff

Well yeah you can buy a Mammoth KB and put it on a stock block as long as you keep the boost at X or Y level lol.

Old 07-04-2013, 10:48 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Why put the bigger kennie bell on a stock motor? The stock motor is holding you back.
jjsg09 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT