98 vs 02 GT - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2013, 10:24 PM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

Yep, not sure what ******bag McHappy was spouting about bolt on ones only being 14 second cars. A 3100lb notch is going to get into the 12s with enough suspension work and sticky tires on the stock longblock. Plenty of ppl who just want to go fast on the weekends buy a decent fox, throw a 150 shot at it and bolt ons and run 11s.

I will say though, I REALLY miss my 94/95 Cobra... that is the car to get IMO...
My dream car is a 93 notch. Drool
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 10:36 PM   #37
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Region: Nebraska
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post

My dream car is a 93 notch. Drool
Idk I like my hatch! But secretly I'd rather have a notch
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2401762954.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	475.6 KB
ID:	121490  
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
sixpac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 10:38 PM   #38
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
My dream fox is a 93 Cobra... Only fox I'd own honestly. Rare, numbered, often not too beat on... problem is a nice one is going to be the price of a new car...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #39
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
My dream fox is a 93 Cobra... Only fox I'd own honestly. Rare, numbered, often not too beat on... problem is a nice one is going to be the price of a new car...
Mine was a cobra once but the PO had everything torn to peaces and not there's vin problems

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixpac View Post

Mine was a cobra once but the PO had everything torn to peaces and not there's vin problems
Long story short he hit a pole and need parts and used a GT body kit and hatch.. Now at some point (in the past 3 owner) the vin has been removed from the dash.. Everything engine/internally/title wise it's a cobra but because I now have no vin or a what to verify the vin I'm gonna end up with a rebuilders title..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-31-2013, 10:53 PM   #40
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 PM ----------

Long story short he hit a pole and need parts and used a GT body kit and hatch.. Now at some point (in the past 3 owner) the vin has been removed from the dash.. Everything engine/internally/title wise it's a cobra but because I now have no vin or a what to verify the vin I'm gonna end up with a rebuilders title..
That is pretty ****ty... well if YOU know its a Cobra and you don't intend to sell... dunno... fox with a rebuilt title is not going to bring very much honestly. I'd put it back to 93 Cobra looks and badge it and call it day.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 07-31-2013, 11:09 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Massachusetts
Quote:
Originally Posted by R03GT View Post

Changing the whole top end and full bolt ons is almost a engine rebuild if you put new internals and engine block with it. That isnt a small amount of work thats almost a whole engine rebuild.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Even eith both engines rebuilt the 4.6 is going to make more power than the old push rod 5.0. Its as simple as that the modulat 4.6 is better. Just because its cheaper to buold dosent mean its goibg to be faster/make more power.
....wut?

If you think an engine rebuild is bolting on some heads and an intake, then I think you belong here. http://hondaforum.com/forum/
Old 07-31-2013, 11:11 PM   #42
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Eyes View Post
....wut?

If you think an engine rebuild is bolting on some heads and an intake, then I think you belong here. The unofficial Honda Forum and Discussion Board Forums For Honda automobile and motorcycle enthusiasts. - Powered by vBulletin
Nah, probably should redirect him to a Neon SRT-4 forum...

Old 07-31-2013, 11:29 PM   #43
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

That is pretty ****ty... well if YOU know its a Cobra and you don't intend to sell... dunno... fox with a rebuilt title is not going to bring very much honestly. I'd put it back to 93 Cobra looks and badge it and call it day.
That's my plan, I'm 99.5% sure it is.. I have some of the original cobra parts he gave me, the car is the red color and the parts are all from a white doner GT.. My other plan is to strip it and do a bullitt car in the DHG. With not body kit, LX bumpers, and bullitt wheels
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 07-31-2013, 11:33 PM   #44
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
just saying....

carving corners like a boss
1slosix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 12:06 PM   #45
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Nah, probably should redirect him to a Neon SRT-4 forum...
Lol. I happen to like those cars...
Old 08-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #46
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
As do i, theyre really fun to drive actually, gets up to 30 mpg when you stay out of boost and pretty quick.
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:03 PM   #47
Road Trip!

Mhmm fast
Fat Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 01:18 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

Hate those cars so much lol
Old 08-01-2013, 02:10 PM   #49
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Hate those cars so much lol
I have a deeper hate for the colbalts around here
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 08-01-2013, 07:09 PM   #50
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I have a deeper hate for the colbalts around here
Honestly I hate majority of imports .. Because the owners are such dosuche bags over here ..
Old 08-02-2013, 12:37 AM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:

Honestly I hate majority of imports .. Because the owners are such dosuche bags over here ..
+1 I feel like I'm surrounded by imports where I live, and some of the guys I used to hangout with own imports and are complete ******s..
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:22 AM   #52
Registered Member
Regular

I dont mind ports. I love all fast cars, just hate rice and dbags
Old 08-02-2013, 01:43 AM   #53
Staff
Regular
Staff

In all my years of modding cars, the SRT-4 Neon crowd were THE stupidest, most arrogant and idiotic auto community there was when they were still being made. One forum even made a video of how a Neon is a better drag platform than a Mustang or F body... that same forum had a guy who couldn't get his oil drain plug out so he pulled the filter and ran the motor to shoot all the oil out through there... "it was only on for like 30 seconds, I doubt there was any harm". Yeah...

Old 08-02-2013, 02:44 AM   #54
ME Bloodhound
Staff

Region: California
Quote:
In all my years of modding cars, the SRT-4 Neon crowd were THE stupidest, most arrogant and idiotic auto community there was when they were still being made. One forum even made a video of how a Neon is a better drag platform than a Mustang or F body... that same forum had a guy who couldn't get his oil drain plug out so he pulled the filter and ran the motor to shoot all the oil out through there... "it was only on for like 30 seconds, I doubt there was any harm". Yeah...
That is pathetic lol

Bullitt build paused pending graduation

HID end all thread
Soccerluvr4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:43 AM   #55
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
I dont mind ports. I love all fast cars, just hate rice and dbags
I don't mind imports either.. I'm just saying it seems like all the people I know that own them are ******s.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #56
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
There are all kinds of them here, and a lot of crappy cars like cavaliers that through on a fart can. Not many actually nice imports, few supras, and this sexy *** GTR honestly i tried to mess with the GTR just so i could see him punch it but he never did. Lol.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 11:13 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

Hell even young kids with stock 5.0s run their mouth and think it's the fastest thing on the road. Sure they are quick, but definitely not the fastest. I'm 18 and I have an 86 GT. My buddy has an 04 GT and claims his is better in everywhere simply because.... "It's newer."

Some mustang guys/kids give us a bad look lol.
Old 08-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #58
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Four Eyes View Post
Hell even young kids with stock 5.0s run their mouth and think it's the fastest thing on the road. Sure they are quick, but definitely not the fastest. I'm 18 and I have an 86 GT. My buddy has an 04 GT and claims his is better in everywhere simply because.... "It's newer."

Some mustang guys/kids give us a bad look lol.
This is mostly the case. I know you are 18 and seem like an exception but for the most part its the younger crowd that "rices out" vehicles and looks like a bunch of retards. I mean look at the 96-98 NPI cars, they are VERY affordable now for high schoolers/college kids and I know of at least 3 of them in my neighborhood that are driven by kids like jackasses. At least my blue 98 is way nicer than theirs and they've all seen it and they know it too lol.

Take that 19 yr olds with crap jobs, I WIN!

Old 08-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #59
slow281
Regular
Supporter

Quote:

This is mostly the case. I know you are 18 and seem like an exception but for the most part its the younger crowd that "rices out" vehicles and looks like a bunch of retards. I mean look at the 96-98 NPI cars, they are VERY affordable now for high schoolers/college kids and I know of at least 3 of them in my neighborhood that are driven by kids like jackasses. At least my blue 98 is way nicer than theirs and they've all seen it and they know it too lol.

+1 there's a lot of kids who own the 96-98 and think just because its a 4.6 it's just as fast, and there exhaust that the cut the muffler off adds 50hp.. Also with the sixxers there one kid who keeps very good care of his others the just cut the cats and mufflers off and sounds like ***..
2003 V6 - Zinc Yellow
1990 LX 2.3 - project
Old 08-04-2013, 10:28 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

I just turned 20 and I have a 04 Mach 1 ..
Old 08-04-2013, 02:26 PM   #61
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:

I just turned 20 and I have a 04 Mach 1 ..
Lol I said mostly the case. I hope you don't drive around like you are king of the streets like most of the younger v8 stang owners... I mean with gears and a few bolt ons a Mach is an 11 second street car but still.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:50 PM   #62
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

Lol I said mostly the case. I hope you don't drive around like you are king of the streets like most of the younger v8 stang owners... I mean with gears and a few bolt ons a Mach is an 11 second street car but still.
I'm not a lier , and won't lie , I do drive pretty crazy , but compared to alot of my friends I drive pretty chill. I usually cruise around 50-60 on the highway , yeah I know slow but I'd rather drive slow then to be going 80 like everyone else ..

I only consider my driving a lil crazy because I like to fishtail around some corners , or I like to get a little sideways here and there ..
I don't haul *** everywhere or ride around in 3rd gear all over there highway
Old 08-11-2013, 08:38 AM   #63
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
In my experience, most young kids in Mustangs are as bad as the ricers. They run silly loud exhaust, drive like fools, and want to race anything and everything. Not always the case of course, and my experience is localized obviously but it is what it is.

I'm 25 and drive a 2v... since we're all putting it out there for some reason.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:59 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

I'm 18 and I drive a v8. I take pride in my car not because it's loud or fast but because it is clean and when I see a car pull up to me revving there stroker engine in there tri colored primered mustang I laugh a bit... It has some speed but it sure aint pretty
Old 08-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #65
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickcap View Post
I'm 18 and I drive a v8. I take pride in my car not because it's loud or fast but because it is clean and when I see a car pull up to me revving there stroker engine in there tri colored primered mustang I laugh a bit... It has some speed but it sure aint pretty
Nothing wrong with that. Always someone faster. That boy-racer attitude does nothing but cause injury, embarrassment, and damages.
Old 08-11-2013, 12:25 PM   #66
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
18 with a 2v really loud exhaust and I know it's slow. But when dumbass rivers mess with me I will blow their ears out

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #67
Registered Member
Regular

Lol ill join in on the age intros, 19 with a gt but im also pretty mature for my age had a friend ask even last night how i control not driving crazy fast everywhere.
Old 08-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #68
Registered Member
Regular

Ok well since it's thrown out there i'm 29 with my 96 and we've been together for about 6 years 119k mi strong
Old 08-11-2013, 02:44 PM   #69
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
In my experience, most young kids in Mustangs are as bad as the ricers. They run silly loud exhaust, drive like fools, and want to race anything and everything. Not always the case of course, and my experience is localized obviously but it is what it is.

I'm 25 and drive a 2v... since we're all putting it out there for some reason.
So what? I have a loud exhaust , and I like to race , what's the problem with that?
Old 08-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

So what? I have a loud exhaust , and I like to race , what's the problem with that?
You like to race, or you try to race "anything and everything" like I mentioned since it seems you're associating yourself with my comment. Problem is there's a track for that. Racing on the street endangers more than just the participants and is highly irresponsible. Absurdly loud exhaust (off road midpipes and mufflers I do not consider "silly loud") is just a nuisance. Why are you trying to pick a fight?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT