98 vs 02 GT - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:40 PM   #71
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

You like to race, or you try to race "anything and everything" like I mentioned since it seems you're associating yourself with my comment. Problem is there's a track for that. Racing on the street endangers more than just the participants and is highly irresponsible. Absurdly loud exhaust (off road midpipes and mufflers I do not consider "silly loud") is just a nuisance. Why are you trying to pick a fight?
Okay because people race anything and everything , I haven't seen a " race car " race a bus or taxi cab.. Maybe that happens over there?
Slow4V is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 03:52 PM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow4V View Post
Okay because people race anything and everything , I haven't seen a " race car " race a bus or taxi cab.. Maybe that happens over there?
I'm 19 with a 2000 gt and dodge charger sxt I drive
Zamora03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #73
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:

Never seen a stupid kid in a Honda try to race every single car he can? Is street racing not dangerous? Oh and we don't drive "race cars" so it's pretty irrelevant. Try again.
AgentOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2013, 04:29 PM   #74
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
Most kids will race anything... case in point the Cobalt SS that raced me the other day. Those things are actually pretty quick although he at least had an aftermarket BOV on his since I could hear it over my exhaust. At least that thing had some balls, most of the dip****s who try their ricers against superior cars are in 140hp Civic DXs...
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:39 PM   #75
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Mississippi
I've never had anyone test me in my car During the 3 years I've had it. I'm guessing the stance checks them.
03GT88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #76
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:

I'm not a lier , and won't lie , I do drive pretty crazy , but compared to alot of my friends I drive pretty chill. I usually cruise around 50-60 on the highway , yeah I know slow but I'd rather drive slow then to be going 80 like everyone else ..

I only consider my driving a lil crazy because I like to fishtail around some corners , or I like to get a little sideways here and there ..
I don't haul *** everywhere or ride around in 3rd gear all over there highway
hey man you still cut springs?
Crowned1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:45 PM   #77
Registered Member
Regular

What's different between these two models? Excuse my ignorance, and I know there more to a car than engine and tranny that makes up power, but aren't the 98 and 2002 pretty much the same mechanically?
Calandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:51 PM   #78
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calandro View Post
What's different between these two models? Excuse my ignorance, and I know there more to a car than engine and tranny that makes up power, but aren't the 98 and 2002 pretty much the same mechanically?
The heads and intake are different. Cams too? Someone else can chime in and verify that. Changed in 99 for the new body styling. Ford coined the changes "PI", or Performance Improvement. IIRC difference is about 40HP.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:57 PM   #79
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:

The heads and intake are different. Cams too? Someone else can chime in and verify that. Changed in 99 for the new body styling. Ford coined the changes "PI", or Performance Improvement. IIRC difference is about 40HP.
Oh wow. Never knew that haha
Calandro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #80
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calandro View Post

Oh wow. Never knew that haha
Explains why 96-98 cars are such pigs stock, though. Good news for those guys is that swapping all the PI stuff nets them more power than a 99+ as they'll end up with higher compression.
Old 08-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #81
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I'm 20 and have owned a 99 v6 99 cobra 04 gt 02 f150 98 eclipse Spyder 01 taurus 69 and 70 mach 1s. Current is eclipse gt cobra truck. I drive safe being twenty and never been pulled over. I do occasionally speed to myself on open highways as for some reason the cobras pedal is easier to go down. Don't street race and I go to college. I've also paid cash money for every single one of my cars and I go to college as a sophomore. I think I am more responsible than most people my age. I also have a fiancé that I will be marrying so I think I have all my ducks in a row.
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #82
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
I'm 20 and have owned a 99 v6 99 cobra 04 gt 02 f150 98 eclipse Spyder 01 taurus 69 and 70 mach 1s. Current is eclipse gt cobra truck. I drive safe being twenty and never been pulled over. I do occasionally speed to myself on open highways as for some reason the cobras pedal is easier to go down. Don't street race and I go to college. I've also paid cash money for every single one of my cars and I go to college as a sophomore. I think I am more responsible than most people my age. I also have a fiancé that I will be marrying so I think I have all my ducks in a row.
More power to you. I went the house route so my 04 GT is the nicest car i've ever owned. But, not too many 25 year olds out there with paid off houses, zero debt and no hand outs. Stick to your guns and buy a home before the market reinflates!
Old 08-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #83
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:

More power to you. I went the house route so my 04 GT is the nicest car i've ever owned. But, not too many 25 year olds out there with paid off houses, zero debt and no hand outs. Stick to your guns and buy a home before the market reinflates!
Thinking about buying a couple of those Detroit houses lol. Heard some of them were between 1500-5000 and couple years ago they were 90k houses.
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:28 PM   #84
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post

Thinking about buying a couple of those Detroit houses lol. Heard some of them were between 1500-5000 and couple years ago they were 90k houses.
Mine was a foreclosed home that had just hit the market. Bought it for around 60% of what it's value was in 06. Not the most knowledgeable, but those detroit houses are bad area, dilapidated homes. Best to buy something you can actually see yourself living in. Sooner it's paid off the sooner you have a cheap place to live while saving, and you'll always have equity at your disposal when it's time to upgrade. Weddings are expensive BTW. Lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT