2000 GT won't Start!! - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #36
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony_Boy View Post
This is a long shot... But if happened to my old Honda: check the air flow. Did a mouse build a nest in the intake or exhaust? You're not throwing any codes right? Could be your fuel
Injectors, take them out and clean them.

Hmm, that could be worth checking out. Oh, but it couldn't be that though. Even if the injectors were bad, fuel would still shoot up from the Schader vavle. It's like i'm not getting any pressure to the engine?? And no, there are no rats/mice in the garage. It is totally sealed shut with no mice holes anywhere. The entire car underneath just has some spider webs that is all. Nothing chewed any wires since animals only chew wires with power in them. lol
Fred2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 01:01 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
You may have to disconnect the file line at the motor and run pressurized air thru the lines to blow out any clogs.
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #38
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Pennsylvania
Correct the rail would still have pressure with bad injectors, just a thought. Sounds like others are saying: fuel starvation, clogged lines.

---------- Post added at 04:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

Clean injectors never hurt anyone though
Pony_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-31-2013, 04:45 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Don't get me wrong on this next topic, I love mustangs and have 4 of them. If i am able to clearly blow air through or replace all the fuel lines and the car still doesn't start and doesn't get fuel, I'm going to tow it to a mountain top and push it off a cliff saying "Have a nice trip".

Fred2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 06:57 PM   #40
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Try to pull codes from computer. Sometimes it computer will log codes and not light up the check engine light.
Mfore33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #41

Region: Maryland
Ok I am posting this about the anti theft Light on my 2000 Mustang gt. I want to first thank this websight for helping me out. Every once in a while the car would not start, it would crank fine, strong battery, I finaly noticed the ANTI theft light blinking. I tried every trick, disconecting the battery using a second key every solution posted on this websight. Finaly I saw a suggestion to move the Tilt stearing. As soon as I lowered it, I tried cranking, it started immediately . So I got the car home turned it off. Moved the stering to the top position. The theft light started blinking again. Moved it down No blinking. I 'm sure there is a short or somthing but at least now I know the cause. If anyone knows anything futer pleas post.
herbit02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT