help on stang iv 35th anniversary edition - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-28-2013, 10:51 AM   #1

Region: Europe
Question help on stang iv 35th anniversary edition

Hey guys!
I always wanted to buy a mustang. I have the chance to get a stang IV 4.6l V8 35th anniversary edition!
The dealer wants $6.600 and the car has a mileage of 140.000 miles and it's a manual.

Before I spent hours on the freeway to pick it up, I wanted to know what issues mustangs of that age have?

Do they have a rust problem or is the body galvanized?

Here's the link http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat...s47-2_c01_4201

Thanks a bunch in advance!
DirtyEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
I wouldn't buy one with that many miles. You can find others with less miles and of course more money. Unless you're on a low budget I wouldn't buy the high of mileage car.

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
1lowGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:15 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
You can get one for less miles in that range. Search for private sellers, dealers overcharge everything so when you negotiate a lower price it looks like you got a great deal when you didnt. There are a good bit of high rollers on here with not problems but those usually put most of those miles on there, thats a lot of miles and you dont know how many of those miles have been abused
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Ohio
I got my 2000GT for $6,200 with 102,000 miles.
Coltonhess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 06:14 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
I got a 99 cobra vert 120k miles for 6k Obo
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 07:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyEye View Post
Hey guys!
I always wanted to buy a mustang. I have the chance to get a stang IV 4.6l V8 35th anniversary edition!
The dealer wants $6.600 and the car has a mileage of 140.000 miles and it's a manual.

Before I spent hours on the freeway to pick it up, I wanted to know what issues mustangs of that age have?

Do they have a rust problem or is the body galvanized?

Here's the link http://suchen.mobile.de/auto-inserat...s47-2_c01_4201

Thanks a bunch in advance!

Keep in mind that you don't know who drove the car or how it was driven. The high dollar amount isn't for the price of the vehicle, but the extras that come with it. Anniversary edition, extra features, probably Mach surround or some type of upgraded stereo system, etc... And with the high mileage, the engine might have to be rebuilt soon. So if it was me, i wouldn't pay anything more than $4,000 for it and hope it was driven by a grandmother. Also, check the vehicle's history to see how many people have owed the car before the dealership had it. If the dealer says they obtained it by repossession, I wouldn't buy it at all.
Fred2000GT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:53 AM   #7

Region: Europe
First off thanks for your posts guys, highly appreciated!
The thing is that mustangs, especialy GTs of that year are rare as f*$k here, I reside in germany btw.

I talked to a good friend of mine who is a body maker and also a huge fan of american vehicles who owns an el camino. He said V8 engines are solid are rarely brake, the above mentioned stang never had a german title so I guess it was driven on north american roads where distances are much longer than in europe. I rather buy cars with big mileage (but long distance drives) than low mileage's with short distance drives as it could cause problems after a certain time.

I know I don't have any proof for that but is there a chance to find that out while doing a testdrive?
DirtyEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 05:12 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Mustangs don't go strong for 300k miles. High mileage is gonna require repairs.

Old 08-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Michigan
Got a 03 gt with 74k miles for $6
Top stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 10:11 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Damn salvage? How so low? Mine was $11k with 59k miles

Old 08-03-2013, 12:26 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Nope car had been for sale forever and needed brakes and tires and new 02 sensors so low balled and he said yes
Old 08-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Damn good deal

Old 08-03-2013, 01:58 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Oghh yeah he wanted 8k and we said no way and actually took the 6k for it very happy with my car
Old 08-03-2013, 05:26 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyEye View Post
First off thanks for your posts guys, highly appreciated!
The thing is that mustangs, especialy GTs of that year are rare as f*$k here, I reside in germany btw.

I talked to a good friend of mine who is a body maker and also a huge fan of american vehicles who owns an el camino. He said V8 engines are solid are rarely brake, the above mentioned stang never had a german title so I guess it was driven on north american roads where distances are much longer than in europe. I rather buy cars with big mileage (but long distance drives) than low mileage's with short distance drives as it could cause problems after a certain time.

I know I don't have any proof for that but is there a chance to find that out while doing a testdrive?
Yeah. Germany. I think that car has acceptable mileage for it's age. For a driver, I'd actually like to see a few miles on a car. It's been used and tested. Of course things are going to wear out just like any car. Some of these "garage queens" are going to have troubles of their own. Time takes it's toll on most everything. As far as what to look for, bring your buddy along, it's a 15 year old car, check over everything... twice. Your just going to have to use your best judgment as to how well the car has been taken care of. It should be a fun ride on the Autobaun. Good luck!
straybullitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT