99/01 Cobra rwhp? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:54 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
calebnaasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Demotte
Region: Indiana
Posts: 276
99/01 Cobra rwhp?

Just wondering what a 99/01 cobra would make to the wheels with these mods:

Cold air intake
Full exhaust
Gears
Bama tune


I'm thinking about getting a cobra soon and I'm just wondering what hp it would make with these basic bolt ons
calebnaasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-29-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
Mine has intake, pullie, exhaust and tune. Made 319. I also have 4.10 gears but they don't add hp
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:26 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
MidnightBlueGT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Charlotte
Region: North Carolina
Posts: 3,887
305-320 would be my guess
MidnightBlueGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 07-29-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
calebnaasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Demotte
Region: Indiana
Posts: 276
Those are decent numbers. Thanks for the info!
calebnaasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
Venomouz831's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Seaside
Region: California
Posts: 8,133
No prob
__________________
)02 Gt, Founder of WE2G
Venomouz831 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:30 AM   #6
AmericanMuscle.com
Sponsor
 
AMDanBailer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 2,878
99/01 Cobra's are definitely fun little Mustangs. The NA 4V Motors found in the 99/01 Cobra & Mach 1's usually make just over 300 RWHP with some bolt ons! That's plenty of power to break into the 12's and have a lot of fun.

Best of luck on your hunt for a Cobra, please let me know if you have any questions.

-Dan
__________________
Dan Bailer | AmericanMuscle.com
Toll Free: 866.727.1266| Mon-Fri 9AM-9PM Sat 10AM-4PM EST
Bama Direct: 888.226.9764| Mon-Fri 9AM-5:30PM EST
FREE SAME-DAY SHIPPING IN THE US-48 AND PRICE MATCHING!
AMDanBailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 03:22 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
calebnaasko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Demotte
Region: Indiana
Posts: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDanBailer View Post
99/01 Cobra's are definitely fun little Mustangs. The NA 4V Motors found in the 99/01 Cobra & Mach 1's usually make just over 300 RWHP with some bolt ons! That's plenty of power to break into the 12's and have a lot of fun.

Best of luck on your hunt for a Cobra, please let me know if you have any questions.

-Dan
Thanks Dan!
calebnaasko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
Yep those NA 4Vs are no joke. Actually the Bullitt was supposed to be a NA 4V too but SVT freaked out since they thought it would take away from the 01 Cobra. So it became a 2V with an intake and some cosmetics... In 03/04 the Cobra was so ridiculous they didn't care about the Mach being 4V.

I still like the Machs myself, only 4V to be offered in an automatic which makes it one of, if not THE best drag platform Mustangs right out of the box.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Yep those NA 4Vs are no joke. Actually the Bullitt was supposed to be a NA 4V too but SVT freaked out since they thought it would take away from the 01 Cobra. So it became a 2V with an intake and some cosmetics... In 03/04 the Cobra was so ridiculous they didn't care about the Mach being 4V.

I still like the Machs myself, only 4V to be offered in an automatic which makes it one of, if not THE best drag platform Mustangs right out of the box.
Only one until 2011.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #10
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Austin
Region: Texas
Posts: 5,980
If you have the 99 make sure the recall has been done. You can check your vin at a dealer to see if it's been done.
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:25 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapinator126 View Post
Only one until 2011.
Lol I meant in the SN95/New Edge body style. Those new 5.0 Automatics are sick, I'd rather have one of them than that pile of **** Getrag 6 spd they have in there. Now if Ford would not suck and put the Magnum trans in there instead... now you are cooking with Crisco...
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 09:32 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Rapinator126's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Region: Texas
Posts: 9,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post

Lol I meant in the SN95/New Edge body style. Those new 5.0 Automatics are sick, I'd rather have one of them than that pile of **** Getrag 6 spd they have in there. Now if Ford would not suck and put the Magnum trans in there instead... now you are cooking with Crisco...
Yes the autos are nice. I have yet to have any problems out of my getrag yet. Probably will now that I said that lol. I will be switching to a auto though once I jump up to the 200+ shot.

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:30 PM ----------

To the op I would go with the 01. Or see if you can find a decent priced 03-04. My 03 cobra was one of my favorite mustangs yet. You can't beat the sound they have.
Rapinator126 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



12:51 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.