Ingition Kill swich hookup - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-06-2013, 09:51 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
Yzfoxracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Saint Clair shores
Region: Michigan
Posts: 119
Ingition Kill swich hookup

Anyone know how to install a ignition kill swich
Yzfoxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-07-2013, 03:59 AM   #2
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,767
You already have a built in kill switch in the trunk for the fuel pump. Its the impact ciruit breaker that is suppossed to pop if you get into an accident. Pull that and no start ever. Most ppl who have these cars don't know about that much less some piece of **** trying to steal one.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048 34k miles. 99 Cobra 4V swapped, FTBR IRS swapped, exhaust, tuned by James Gordon.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
Yzfoxracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Saint Clair shores
Region: Michigan
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
You already have a built in kill switch in the trunk for the fuel pump. Its the impact ciruit breaker that is suppossed to pop if you get into an accident. Pull that and no start ever. Most ppl who have these cars don't know about that much less some piece of **** trying to steal one.
Yeah I knew about that but I wanted one like under my dash or something just like on-off switch so I can flip it on and off
Yzfoxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-07-2013, 12:05 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
351stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Pas, Mb
Region: Canada
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yzfoxracer View Post

Yeah I knew about that but I wanted one like under my dash or something just like on-off switch so I can flip it on and off
If you run an MSD box it gives you the option of an ignition kill switch. Wherever you want to hide it. I bought an old hi/low beam foot switch and have it hidden under the carpet on the drivers side for when I go into the city.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular
 
FortyBrandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,057
Yeah there's a hidden switch in trunk. I went around an oil curve and tore back bumper and landed in corn field. After state trooper was leaving my gfs car kept shutting off. Surprisingly he went straight to it hit it and the car ran perfect.
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:26 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
351stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Pas, Mb
Region: Canada
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post
Yeah there's a hidden switch in trunk. I went around an oil curve and tore back bumper and landed in corn field. After state trooper was leaving my gfs car kept shutting off. Surprisingly he went straight to it hit it and the car ran perfect.
Lol. What?! A cop that knows something?! I'm amazed. Here they don't know ****. They think I'm running an obnoxious exhaust! Lmao!!
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:30 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
FortyBrandon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,057
Quote:
Originally Posted by 351stroker View Post

Lol. What?! A cop that knows something?! I'm amazed. Here they don't know ****. They think I'm running an obnoxious exhaust! Lmao!!
Lol yeah I was surprised they knew more about my car than I did. Cops round here don't really bother us. Lol we don't even have to go through emmisions test. Lol I can even run someone in front of the station and prob don't get caught. But those are my older days and I've learned. (wink)
FortyBrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:36 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
351stroker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: The Pas, Mb
Region: Canada
Posts: 443
Quote:
Originally Posted by FortyBrandon View Post

Lol yeah I was surprised they knew more about my car than I did. Cops round here don't really bother us. Lol we don't even have to go through emmisions test. Lol I can even run someone in front of the station and prob don't get caught. But those are my older days and I've learned. (wink)
Lol. Must be a mustang owner. I've only been stopped once in my Stang lately and it was because I had insured it that day and when they ran the plates for whatever reason it came back invalid. Takes a day to make it into the system so once he saw the paperwork he said have a nice day. Good thing he didn't look too hard. Both my 88's have the same insurance but ones a hatch and ones a notch. I registered the notch and put plates on the hatch. Lol.
351stroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:21 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
Yzfoxracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Saint Clair shores
Region: Michigan
Posts: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
You already have a built in kill switch in the trunk for the fuel pump. Its the impact ciruit breaker that is suppossed to pop if you get into an accident. Pull that and no start ever. Most ppl who have these cars don't know about that much less some piece of **** trying to steal one.
How do you engage it
Yzfoxracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



07:14 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.