Stock exhaust size - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-07-2013, 01:43 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular
 
twotone01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 420
Stock exhaust size

What's the stock exhaust piping size on a 03 gt? Just wanna know what size it is for an x pipe haha
twotone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-07-2013, 02:03 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by twotone01 View Post
What's the stock exhaust piping size on a 03 gt? Just wanna know what size it is for an x pipe haha
Stock piping is 2.25"
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:45 AM   #3
Registered Member
Regular
 
twotone01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post

Stock piping is 2.25"
Thanks!
twotone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 08-07-2013, 03:19 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular
 
twotone01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post

Stock piping is 2.25"
Thanks!
twotone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #5
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,585
2.25" is stock, all X pipes will be 2.5". It will all fit fine though.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:28 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by twotone01 View Post

Thanks!
No problem.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:29 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular
 
twotone01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
2.25" is stock, all X pipes will be 2.5". It will all fit fine though.
Ok sweet, I wanna keep y exhaust stock size so when I lower it I don't have as much clearance issues with the pipe hitting, I just threw some magnapacks on and love the sound. Now I want an x pipe to finish it off
twotone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:31 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by twotone01 View Post

Ok sweet, I wanna keep y exhaust stock size so when I lower it I don't have as much clearance issues with the pipe hitting, I just threw some magnapacks on and love the sound. Now I want an x pipe to finish it off
Sounds good man. How low are you thinking?
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:04 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
twotone01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post

Sounds good man. How low are you thinking?
I had the SR springs on my v6 and I liked the stance that it gave it so I was thinking about getting the same springs again, I know it'll sit lower than the v6 but I liked those springs. Do you have any recommendations of springs? I like the SR springs because the were only 99 when I bought them haha now there 174 I believe
twotone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by twotone01 View Post

I had the SR springs on my v6 and I liked the stance that it gave it so I was thinking about getting the same springs again, I know it'll sit lower than the v6 but I liked those springs. Do you have any recommendations of springs? I like the SR springs because the were only 99 when I bought them haha now there 174 I believe
The SR performance lowering springs? I've been wanting to lower my car also, the ones I've been looking at are the H&R race springs and the Eibach sportine kit. It depends how much you want to lower your car. Also if you want the front lower or have it evenly lowered in both front and back.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:35 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular
 
twotone01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post

The SR performance lowering springs? I've been wanting to lower my car also, the ones I've been looking at are the H&R race springs and the Eibach sportine kit. It depends how much you want to lower your car. Also if you want the front lower or have it evenly lowered in both front and back.
I just want about an 1.5" drop, and want it to be level
twotone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:14 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular
 
Milehigh BKR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Denver
Region: Colorado
Posts: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by twotone01 View Post

I just want about an 1.5" drop, and want it to be level
Then I'd recommend the SR performance or the Eibach pro-kit.
Milehigh BKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:57 AM   #13
Registered Member
Regular
 
twotone01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Region: California
Posts: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutBKR View Post

Then I'd recommend the SR performance or the Eibach pro-kit.
Sweet, I think ill go with the SR just because I ha them on the sixxer and like the quality if them
twotone01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:16 AM   #14
Staff
Regular
Staff
 
scottydsntknow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: JB MDL
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 16,585


This is what a budget lowering looks like. BBK springs and Tokico Illuminas. Car handles much better and the ride is good. IMO going too low on a street car is just asking for a headache. Make sure you have good CC plates too before you do anything with the suspension as well.
__________________
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
scottydsntknow is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



08:30 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.