Cheapest Supercharger - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT

Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 08-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Ohio
Cheapest Supercharger

Hey guys I'm searching for the cheapest supercharger for my 02 GT but, all that I'm finding is the tornado or a home computer cooling fan on steroids and that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking for an actual SC that would be centrifugal. Similar to pro charger PB600. I'm looking for min. 50HP without having to change injectors. What's out there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 03:33 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
You're not gonna get any forced induction without changing at least your injectors or fuel pump. The stock injectors are damn near maxed out from the factory on a 99-00 GT. That being said the cheapest was is gonna cost $1500-$2000 without a tune. You can google $1500 supercharger and it should pull up a thread about a guy who managed to put a kit together for that ugh.
Old 08-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Missouri
If you only want 50hp then head cam intake it

Follow me on instagram @nicknold for car and truck pictures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2013, 04:45 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1lowGT View Post
If you only want 50hp then head cam intake it
Yeah this is your best bet. The only way you're gonna find a supercharger for cheap is either piece it together yourself, or find a used one.

***resident gun idiot***
Old 08-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Ok piecing together a SC doesn't sound like fun. The 50HP was at minimum I would like have. The most would be 100HP. With that in consideration I don't want to mess with the fuel delivery. With a 100hp max option is their a SC?
Old 08-16-2013, 05:07 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Find a used centrifugal for cheap pushing 8-10 psi. But either way you're proably gonna have to upgrade the fuel pump and injectors. Why don't you want to touch those things?

***resident gun idiot***
Old 08-16-2013, 05:09 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: North Carolina
Nitrous
Old 08-16-2013, 06:22 PM   #8
Staff
Regular
Staff

Region: New Jersey
You're looking at $1500-$2000 for what you want to do and that's piecing it together with a low mileage used intake and the dyno tune.
2000 Mustang GT Steeda #0048

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:24 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightBlueGT View Post
Nitrous
Beat me to it. Either do heads and cam and get close to 300 or spray it with a 125 shot

Old 08-16-2013, 07:47 PM   #10
Road Trip!

What's a good set of heads and cams then. Piecing it all together is an effort I'm not committing too. especially, with not knowing the history of the used parts. I will only get nitrous after I swap for a better intake like the Typhoon
Old 08-16-2013, 07:51 PM   #11
Staff
Regular
Staff

Uh, the Typhoon is NOT better than the PI. Actually the PI is the best intake out there minus the Bullitt until you are pushing a lot of boost through it and even then.

As far as piecing a supercharger kit together. There are multiple parts lists and everything is new minus the blower itself and you can send the blower off to Vortech to get rebuilt or just rebuild it yourself if you want. Most of the time they won't need it though.

If you're doing cams do ALL the bolt ons first and then do a set of Hitech Stage 2s.

Just because I give you advice, doesn't mean I know more than you. Its just means I've done more stupid ****.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:53 PM   #12
Road Trip!

[QUOTE="GTIFIFY;1762709"]What's a good set of cams then. Piecing it all together is an effort I'm not committing too. especially, with not knowing the history of the used parts. I will only get nitrous after I swap for a better intake like the Typhoon. By the way do I really need a new set of head with the new cams
Old 08-16-2013, 07:57 PM   #13
Staff
Regular
Staff

Apparently you didn't read what I just posted. Getting another intake is literally you lighting your money on fire. And no, if you have PI heads then you don't need new ones unless there is something wrong with them.

And again... the ONLY part you buy used is the headunit, everything else is new from the brackets to the tubing to the inectors etc... And the headunit you can send off to Vortech and it'll come back new with a warranty if you are that anal retentive about it.

However, if your car is stock right now you need to worry about getting the bolt ons done first anyway.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottydsntknow View Post
Apparently you didn't read what I just posted. Getting another intake is literally you lighting your money on fire. And no, if you have PI heads then you don't need new ones unless there is something wrong with them.

And again... the ONLY part you buy used is the headunit, everything else is new from the brackets to the tubing to the inectors etc... And the headunit you can send off to Vortech and it'll come back new with a warranty if you are that anal retentive about it.

However, if your car is stock right now you need to worry about getting the bolt ons done first anyway.
+1

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Uh, the Typhoon is NOT better than the PI. Actually the PI is the best intake out there minus the Bullitt until you are pushing a lot of boost through it and even then.

As far as piecing a supercharger kit together. There are multiple parts lists and everything is new minus the blower itself and you can send the blower off to Vortech to get rebuilt or just rebuild it yourself if you want. Most of the time they won't need it though.

If you're doing cams do ALL the bolt ons first and then do a set of Hitech Stage 2s.
+1000 this isn't an old 5.0 the pi intake is perfectly fine for 700+ hp
Old 08-16-2013, 08:58 PM   #15
Road Trip!

That's my point! Its a used head unit. Pay for shipping x4 Send it out to Vortech. and pay $$ to have it looked over magnflux. and rebuilt then quality checked. You didn't read what I said and now your mad bro. I asked what is the cheapest SC out there similar to Procharger's PB600. I didn't ask for a boneyard piece of crap. I'm not anal. I'm not a compulsive buyer either. I'm conservative. So, if you not going to help yourself get better in this thread. Then maybe ill just wait for someone with actual logistics to tackle this for you. That if your still mad bro.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:04 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I don't think anyone is getting mad, but I'm not gonna talk on behalf of someone else either. I dont know where it is you live, but any reputable go-fast shop could do the job too. I mean sending it to the manufacturer isn't going to be much more beneficial on a used unit anyways. Just my .02.

And you could go nitrous, just remember bottles are for babies, real men get blown!

***resident gun idiot***
Old 08-16-2013, 09:05 PM   #17
Staff
Regular
Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTIFIFY View Post
That's my point! Its a used head unit. Pay for shipping x4 Send it out to Vortech. and pay $$ to have it looked over magnflux. and rebuilt then quality checked. You didn't read what I said and now your mad bro. I asked what is the cheapest SC out there similar to Procharger's PB600. I didn't ask for a boneyard piece of crap. I'm not anal. I'm not a compulsive buyer either. I'm conservative. So, if you not going to help yourself get better in this thread. Then maybe ill just wait for someone with actual logistics to tackle this for you. That if your still mad bro.

There are so many wrong statements in the above post that I don't even know where to begin nor will I waste my time. Not like I haven't been to this rodeo before or anything...

Old 08-16-2013, 09:06 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
There are so many wrong statements in the above post that I don't even know where to begin nor will I waste my time. Not like I haven't been to this rodeo before or anything. How long have you been modding stangs again?
Wait my post, or the OP? Lol

EDIT: oh I saw you quoted it, nevermind!

***resident gun idiot***
Old 08-16-2013, 09:08 PM   #19
Staff
Regular
Staff

You sniped my response and then I had to go edit. Although yes it is beneficial to get an older V1 or V2 S trim for cheap and then send it to Vortech to get rebuilt or get a rebuild kit and do it yourself for even less. Vortech charges $200-$300 for a full rebuild with warranty and shipping in a flat rate box is cheap. However, a Vortech blower that spins free and no play in the shaft will be GTG.

Old 08-16-2013, 09:38 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
You sniped my response and then I had to go edit. Although yes it is beneficial to get an older V1 or V2 S trim for cheap and then send it to Vortech to get rebuilt or get a rebuild kit and do it yourself for even less. Vortech charges $200-$300 for a full rebuild with warranty and shipping in a flat rate box is cheap. However, a Vortech blower that spins free and no play in the shaft will be GTG.
Yeah when I got my new Vortech they told me they can rebuild it during or after the warranty was up, and they would warrenty the rebuild for 6 months. They have minor and major rebuild kits, and most people say they charge between 400-700 to rebuild. For that price I know some aftermarket shops that can do it local, usually for cheaper, have a better turn around time, and will warranty their rebuilds for 6 months as well. But that does depend on where you live. Guess I'm lucky in that respect lol

And like you said a free spinner, and no shaft play and they should be fine

***resident gun idiot***
Old 08-16-2013, 09:49 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Op. There is no such thing as cheap forced induction. The minute you decide to make a single pound of boost you need to upgrade the fuel system and spend money on a dyno tune.
Old 08-16-2013, 09:56 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nevada
Running a lot of Nitrous WILL crack the plastic pi intake don't listen to people that don't have experience with nitrous lol building a turbo is way cheaper
Old 08-16-2013, 10:04 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

You dont need to run a lot for 50 hp
Old 08-17-2013, 12:21 AM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Isn't it obvious? An electric supercharger
Old 08-17-2013, 07:47 AM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
This has got to be the most stupid thread ever on here.. anytime you had 50 to 100 horsepower you need to add fuel. THE CHEAPEST SC YOU CAN DO IS A VORTECH AND PEICE IT TOGETHER. Listen to what people are telling you. Heads and cam will be 1500 too because based on your comments I can conclude you know ver little about cars and what you need to do. 90% of the time a used headunit is fine to begin with and wont need to send it off. and if you cant install a vortech kit by yourself then you do not need to do it or cams. Stick to basic bolt ons
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Old 08-17-2013, 11:27 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
If you don't want to change your fuel injectors or anything then your better off either what 1lowgt said heads and cams or not doing anything at all.it trading your car for more hp.who just wants an extra 50 hp?save up money and buy a built motor and sc it or leave it alone.but again for an extra 50hp might as well do heads and cams.but don't get you panties in a bunch for ppl who obviously know more.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:37 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Either spend $2500 to do it right the first time or spend $8000 in 6 months to fix it.

You will have to add fuel, there are no options otherwise. Even a m90 requires injector upgrades.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
Old 08-17-2013, 11:39 AM   #28
Road Trip!

Ok we have a problem here with pricing and pcing together a system. I don't want to piece together a system. Are we clear on this? I will deal with the fuel delivery later. I'm running with all bolt ons and custom tune. Most bolt ons are custom designed. I checked with Procharger, Vortech, Paxton, Kenny Bell, eaton ford, weiand and overseas custom shops.etc etc. their are roots blower and Turbos that produces upto 8psi. I'm looking for a centrifugal that produces the same max psi. I don't need a SC that is capable of breaking my car. I'm not being a dick when I say this. It's my car and I will modify her the way I want to. So stop trying to get me to do something that I don't want want to do. And FYI in a relationship that is considered one of the 5 domestic violences. All of the members on this forum site is in a relationship.
Old 08-17-2013, 11:43 AM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Procharger and vortech are both centri's that boost 8 psi
Old 08-17-2013, 11:45 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Quote:
Ok we have a problem here with pricing and pcing together a system. I don't want to piece together a system. Are we clear on this? I will deal with the fuel delivery later. I'm running with all bolt ons and custom tune. Most bolt ons are custom designed. I checked with Procharger, Vortech, Paxton, Kenny Bell, eaton ford, weiand and overseas custom shops.etc etc. their are roots blower and Turbos that produces upto 8psi. I'm looking for a centrifugal that produces the same max psi. I don't need a SC that is capable of breaking my car. I'm not being a dick when I say this. It's my car and I will modify her the way I want to. So stop trying to get me to do something that I don't want want to do. And FYI in a relationship that is considered one of the 5 domestic violences. All of the members on this forum site is in a relationship.
I'm sure we weren't telling you how to modify your car js that if your going to supercharge fuel upgrades needs to be done at the same time.im trying to save up for me centrifugal as well but the understanding the upgrading fuel system is a must too.and who wants break their car when sc'Ing our cars especially with stock internals.we're just giving your the advice that injectors need to upgraded
Old 08-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Colorado
Quote:
Well that's a strange way to put things. Cheapest kit is probably a Vortech and that'll run $3000+
Old 08-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

Honestly you came here asking question so we are gonna give you all the different options on how to get what you want.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:04 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
What doesnt he understand about FUEL DELIVERY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN BOOSTING A CAR. Without fuel your car wont go at all and with more air coming in you will need more fuel. If you dont understand this then your probably better off getting a prius. Its like you are accidentally trolling
3.73 Gears
XXR 521 Wheels
20x8.5 and 20x10.5
Old 08-17-2013, 12:07 PM   #34
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003 View Post
What doesnt he understand about FUEL DELIVERY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN BOOSTING A CAR. Without fuel your car wont go at all and with more air coming in you will need more fuel. If you dont understand this then your probably better off getting a prius. Its like you are accidentally trolling
+1

Old 08-17-2013, 12:21 PM   #35
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSG2003 View Post
This has got to be the most stupid thread ever on here.. anytime you had 50 to 100 horsepower you need to add fuel. THE CHEAPEST SC YOU CAN DO IS A VORTECH AND PEICE IT TOGETHER. Listen to what people are telling you. Heads and cam will be 1500 too because based on your comments I can conclude you know ver little about cars and what you need to do. 90% of the time a used headunit is fine to begin with and wont need to send it off. and if you cant install a vortech kit by yourself then you do not need to do it or cams. Stick to basic bolt ons
Your conclusion is wrong again. Based on this comment you posted for the world to see. Let me explain it down several levels for you. Buying something for your car is a mental game and I bet you sit for hours or days even weeks pondering if you should get this or that for your Stang and then changing your mind several times or even returning what you bought because you changed your mind again. Buying accounts for 30% of knowing about cars. The remaining 70% is what you research,blueprint,install, and of course knowing the time, cost affectiveness and energy it will take to make it happen. I know what I want and that's why I'm here. And I'm sure all have heard the quote " work smarter not harder" and this quote falls in the category of knowing about cars.
Closed Thread

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > 1979-2015 Mustang GT || Tech and Talk > 1996-2004 Mustang GT